IT.COM

Made my first Outbound sale (all the sweat aside it was pretty easy)

NameSilo
Watch

Joshh71390

Top Member
Impact
Okay people we are moving in baby steps, but so far its been all uphill.

After a very rapid week, the past two days have been very slow, so I decided what better time to actually do some outbound legwork. I searched a name I wanted to sell, and Found someone with the exact same name but at .net. It was a videogame specific website, that just released. I figured why not, the guy is going to want the .com because .net obviously wasnt his first choice.

The guy ironically emailed me back like within hours, and we chatted for a while and he and I were parting ways within a few hours.

Is this a normal thing? I enjoy the forum aspects, but dont get me wrong who doesn't want added profit.

I guess what Im asking is is it worth me finding users for over 100 domain names and hand emailing potential buyers? Or is it something I should gradually do?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Congrats! Any more details, like price range?

•••
Good job. It's all about finding your niche—some guys do brandables, LLLL's, numbers, drops, just follow the money my friend.

•••
Congrats Josh. Way to go bro.. Keep turning the profits.. How much was the sale?

•••
Nicely done dude..... A quick response and closing like that is every domainers dream!

•••
I guess what Im asking is is it worth me finding users for over 100 domain names and hand emailing potential buyers? Or is it something I should gradually do?

For most of us, unless we have some really excellent names, we can't just wait around for people to come to us - we have to go to them and let them know we have something that would be of use and value to them (providing it really would be)!

Congratulations on your sale and good luck for many more in the future :)

•••
Congrats on the sale bud.

Could you please post more details like the domain name, age , hand reg / bought , and the price your sold it for and how long did you has the communication with the buyer before you successfully sold it.

Regards,
Cake Code

•••
It wasn't anything special. Lfgoverwatch

Looking for group overwatch (new game by blizzard)

Only sold for 30 but still it made my day=)

•••
It wasn't anything special. Lfgoverwatch

Looking for group overwatch (new game by blizzard)

Only sold for 30 but still it made my day=)
any sale is a good sale buddy ..

I was just curious to know how the process went .. did you hand reg the domain ? and how did you contact the buyer ?

•••
Yea I had reged. As soon as I heard the game was coming out. I emailed the guy and explained I play the game too and told him he had first dibs if he wanted it since he had .net.

Deal went pretty smooth

•••
Yea I had reged. As soon as I heard the game was coming out. I emailed the guy and explained I play the game too and told him he had first dibs if he wanted it since he had .net.

Deal went pretty smooth
nice sale how much did you sell it for?

•••
nice sale how much did you sell it for?

He said $30 a few posts up. Congrats on the sale! If you are wanting a higher return for your domains then direct end user sales will always bring more than the forums. It can definitely be worth the time of digging them up and contacting them manually. Or, you can use a site like Esitbot's lead generator tool or Domainero to help automate the process of finding potential end users.

•••
Oh wow thanks I'm going to check them out tonight.

•••
He said $30 a few posts up. Congrats on the sale! If you are wanting a higher return for your domains then direct end user sales will always bring more than the forums. It can definitely be worth the time of digging them up and contacting them manually. Or, you can use a site like Esitbot's lead generator tool or Domainero to help automate the process of finding potential end users.

Thanks for the recommendation, Domainero is an incredible awesome tool, unbelieveable that it is free. :)

Props to the owner/founder.

•••
Contacting them directly was a great idea. Especially since you knew they had a use for the domain name already and would greatly benefit them. Congrats on your sale.

•••
Congrats Joshh71390!

There's nothing as rewarding as closing a sale. I'm sure you were excited. For your first sale, that was awesome!

All the best in your future outbound sales :)

•••
Okay people we are moving in baby steps, but so far its been all uphill.

After a very rapid week, the past two days have been very slow, so I decided what better time to actually do some outbound legwork. I searched a name I wanted to sell, and Found someone with the exact same name but at .net. It was a videogame specific website, that just released. I figured why not, the guy is going to want the .com because .net obviously wasnt his first choice.

The guy ironically emailed me back like within hours, and we chatted for a while and he and I were parting ways within a few hours.

Is this a normal thing? I enjoy the forum aspects, but dont get me wrong who doesn't want added profit.

As everyone else congratulated you, I'm going to be the one that goes out on a whim and tells you that not "every sale is a sale" (as someone else claimed).

Even if you put the time to find potential end users and email them, not every one of your 100 domains will sell (no matter how small the price). So even more important than finding the potential buyers is imho determining the prices your domains can realistically sell at.

While I couldn't find any comparable sales for "looking for group" or "lfg" domains, after a simple Google search I found a tons of LFG websites, some of them quite big, with active communities and clearly making good money from Google Ads.

I'm no videogame expert, but I'm guessing any domain around which an end user can build a real business is worth more than $30 to that end user.

If you are familiar with the niche/industry, it shouldn't be too difficult for you to figure out the prices end users at different levels are happy to pay for domain names in that niche/industry. So for example, someone looking to start a blog will not pay as much as say an internet marketer looking to create an affiliate site and both will pay less than a developer looking for a new game title (I'm sure you get the idea).

And if turns out that all they are willing to pay is $30, then stay away from that niche/industry. :)

•••
@pier0 The gaming industry is a very strong niche and as you said it was probably worth more to the end user in this case. I believe if I was going to put in the effort to sell a domain to someone by looking up their email and contacting them I would hold out for more especially if I owned the .com version they really needed. Also as you say not every domain will sell as many are going to collect dust forever unless an end user is found. However, the fact that the OP was creative in trying to sell the domain and received what they were happy with for the domain still makes it a good sale for them.

•••
Back