Dynadot

news Made.com expected to go into administration on Monday

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
Looks like the domain could be bought by Next? Or it's up for grabs during the administration process.....

"The fashion and furniture retailer Next is believed to be the frontrunner to buy the Made brand name.

Administrators from PwC are expected to oversee a sale of intellectual property associated with the collapsed firm after it formally enters administration"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63512589

Was sold back in 2009 for $130,000

https://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2009/20091216.htm

Also had to check the backlink profile and it's a monster......courtesy of Ahrefs

Domain Rating 78

Backlinks 276,825 | 82% dofollow

Referring Domains 27,233 | 93% dofollow

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is next related to made in some way?

•••
how many roads must a domainer walk down to own a premium 4L-oneword .com domain

•••
how many roads must a domainer walk down to own a premium 4L-oneword .com domain
If you want one to build a project on you could raise the capital if the name makes sense. What would you build on a name like made.com? maid.com yeah, but made.com? In fact, maids.com would be more valuable than made.com for a startup (by the way maid and maids owned by same person). Made.com could be used for a etsy like marketplace but it's weak. It is still a low six figure name, but not a name you could easily raise capital for to buy.

Last edited:
•••
If you want one to build a project on yo could raise the capital is the name makes sense. What would you build on a name like made.com? maid.com yeah, but made.com? In fact, maids.com would be more valuable than made.com for a startup (by the way maid and maids owned by same person). Made.com could be used for a etsy like marketplace but it's weak. It is still a low six figure name, but not a name you could easily raise capital for to buy.
thank you much ! now i only got one 4L, but not one word~

•••
If you want one to build a project on you could raise the capital if the name makes sense. What would you build on a name like made.com? maid.com yeah, but made.com? In fact, maids.com would be more valuable than made.com for a startup (by the way maid and maids owned by same person). Made.com could be used for a etsy like marketplace but it's weak. It is still a low six figure name, but not a name you could easily raise capital for to buy.
I think I have to dissagree with you there. I would much rather own made than maid. Way more potential in made than maid. Just my opinion though and it's great that we don't all agree.

Domains have long been compared to the property market...

My wife and I watch a show in the UK called A Place in the Sun where people go to look at houses abroad that they probably can't afford and then decide not to buy them (wasting an hour of air time). Sometimes they look at houses and we're (my wife and I) are like "oh god no I'd never live in that!" but the prospective buyers love it! And also the other way round where we love it and they really don't like it.

Thats kind of how I see the domain game and I love it!

A Name in the Sun

•••
I think I have to dissagree with you there. I would much rather own made than maid. Way more potential in made than maid. Just my opinion though and it's great that we don't all agree.

Domains have long been compared to the property market...

My wife and I watch a show in the UK called A Place in the Sun where people go to look at houses abroad that they probably can't afford and then decide not to buy them (wasting an hour of air time). Sometimes they look at houses and we're (my wife and I) are like "oh god no I'd never live in that!" but the prospective buyers love it! And also the other way round where we love it and they really don't like it.

Thats kind of how I see the domain game and I love it!

A Name in the Sun
yeah, if everyone saw things the same way where would commerce be?

•••
Say it was them that bought the domain in 2009 - looks very likely.....they then proceeded to raise $136.9 million in funding over a few years

It was a low 6 figure domain back then, the way the market is at the moment for premium domains it realistically could be a 400k - 500k domain

But this a fire sale situation where everything must go.... so I highly doubt it's going to achieve maximum value.....whatever that might be

Last edited:
•••
Say it was them that bought the domain in 2009 - looks very likely.....they then proceeded to raise $136.9 million in funding over a few years

It was a low 6 figure domain back then, the way the market is at the moment for premium domains it realistically could be a 400k - 500k domain

But this a fire sale situation where everything must go.... so I highly doubt it's going to achieve maximum value.....whatever that might be
They should ask DC or NJ to auction it

•••
Isn't Next Retail a British company operating from the exact match .co.uk? Could be a good opportunity to rebrand (or create subsidiarity) and go global with a sweet .com.

•••
I'm still confused about where next comes into the equation.

•••
Isn't Next Retail a British company operating from the exact match .co.uk?
Correct. They sell clothing and a some homeware stuff, including furniture.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back