Dynadot

auctions Lying .xyz making a mockery of DNJ

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Cant miss the weekly sales chart dominated by .xyz on DNJournal

But I smell a Negari special here. I have monitored vip.xyz for the last 4 weeks, since it was reportedly sold for $50,000usd, ended up being a shill bid on West.cn . It then went back to auction and sold for $33,000usd, 3 weeks ago, again on West.cn.

Last week Ron of DNJ said there were some big new gTLDs sales that he would report on next week but needed to verify the sales first - I immediately thought it maybe vip.xyz so I checked the whois but it was still with the xyz registry. Today the sale is showing on the DNJ weekly chart as being confirmed by Ron at DNJ. So I checked again the whois and yes its changed ownership but to who. [email protected]
but it changed again later today to [email protected]
A little digging, reverse IP checking the hosting, and using wayback archive of the new owner.
And I find the smoking gun West263.com was the previous web address for West.cn. They changed from west263.com to west.cn around late 2013. In fact west263.com redirects to west.cn.

Suspicious yes - looks like the auction house brought the name. Great marketing yes.
Wild west of domaining, no laws no morals just pump and dump.
I accept there may be a simple explanation but I dont like the look of it and all my instincts say sham.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Such numeric sales(?) will motivate .xyz domain investors ;)

Approximate calculations,
N- 10
NN - 100
NNN - 1000
NNNN - 10000
NNNNN - 100000
NNNNNN - 1000000

= 1,111,110 names * $9 renewal = 10 Million dollars per year. BOOM

Other registries can learn from .xyz

Last edited:
•••
Keep in mind that DNJ does not make the news, DNJ reports the news -

I disagree. I've seen nothing reported there about the Adam Dicker scandal, nothing. Truly one of the most news-worthy stories of 2015, and nothing, nada, zip. More accurately, DNJ reports some of the news. Now it's up to us to decide if whatever is reported there is credible and worthy of our valuable time.

•••
Your a little late to the party my friend. .xyz gets shot down by everyone and LLLL.com gets praise yet if you are not aware, prices for LLLL.com chips went from $1900 all the way down to $1200 in a matter of weeks !!! Hahaha. That's a shady investment if you ask me...

And all you need to know is a chip is a LLLL.com in which there is no vowels such as A, I, O, U, E or the letter V ... Otherwise it's a non chip and the value is exceedingly different on market standards.

As for Chinese Investors ;) let me tell you a secret ! There not here at Namepros "shhhh" ;)

Lol.. Oh No! And here I was thinking they might be here, making it more convenient for those who want to sell to them:rolleyes:. As for the prices on 4L, I believe I wrote that I was new..not blind.

•••
@betthelot

I'd be careful starting threads like this, what's said unless you really have the facts to back up your statements. JMO...

Lying .xyz making a mockery of DNJ

http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/civil-litigation/can-you-sue-defamation.html

;)
@betthelot

I'd be careful starting threads like this, what's said unless you really have the facts to back up your statements. JMO...

Lying .xyz making a mockery of DNJ

http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/civil-litigation/can-you-sue-defamation.html

;)

its Mad101 - name gets sold for a lot of money at an auction house. Now the new owners email is the auction house. Does that not ring alarm bells - just facts. That shouts scam to me. Maybe its because you got excited to see these high sales and it justified your investment in .xyz (EXACTLY WHAT DANIEL WANTS YOU TO THINK) keep renewing and I will keep posting if I think domainers are being mugged.
As an aside what Daniel is doing is nothing illegal its all kosha.
Its just a secret plan made by two or more people to do something that increases sales.

Last edited:
•••
Has anyone actually tried contacting DNJ if you believe in a conspiracy by some party involved with the xyz registry? There's no point just speculating on things that are barely proven.

•••
Has anyone actually tried contacting DNJ if you believe in a conspiracy by some party involved with the xyz registry? There's no point just speculating on things that are barely proven.
Rick Im not speculating - its whats known - Owners email is the auction house and its been reported here that the reason for that is the new owner took a loan out against the name (the loan provider being the auction house).
So monies went from buyer to auction house (DNJ sees a copy of this finacial transaction and reports it as a valid sale) BUT the auction house gives the money back in exchange for the name (pseudo loan); hence the owner is now showing as the auction house.
DNJ reports it as a sale and that is what it is - just with a little digging the weight of this sale is greatly reduced as it appears to be a shuffling of money. Its got Daniel fingerprints all over it, it's his modus operandi, create as much free media hype as possible. He is so ahead of the curve compared to the stale corporates like donunts and MMX

•••

Now that would make to much sense, not be as much fun! :xf.grin:

•••
Maybe its because you got excited to see these high sales and it justified your investment in .xyz

My investment in xyz is just part of my portfolio, I invest in all extensions. No need for you to speculate on what I'm doing or feeling.

Honestly there's to much speculation, allegations of fraud, deception, collusion, market manipulation, lying etc. etc. that I don't want to involved in this thread any longer, bye. :xf.wink:

•••
Hey this is domaining ............people don't lie

•••
Beware: If keeping the dream alive is what its about; then dont questioning why the auction house owns the name. Could shatter the dream.

Last edited:
•••
My investment in xyz is just part of my portfolio, I invest in all extensions. No need for you to speculate on what I'm doing or feeling.

Honestly there's to much speculation, allegations of fraud, deception, collusion, market manipulation, lying etc. etc. that I don't want to involved in this thread any longer, bye. :xf.wink:
What I've managed to shake of my stalker!

•••
What I've managed to shake of my stalker!

Look I said I had no more comments because burden of proof has not been shown. All your threads are gloom and doom towards new gTLDs and the companies involved. This one is accusing collusion between auction buyers, west.cn and gen.xyz. Also allegations against DNJ have been made without merit.

I'm not going to call you names, like you have towards me but I will state my opinion whether you like it or not. Just because I said I was out didn't mean I wouldn't read your reply. Being out, or bye only meant I won't comment on the subject matter moving forward. :P

I will reply to your insults! :xf.rolleyes:

Last edited:
•••
Look I said I had no more comments because burden of proof has not been shown. All your threads are gloom and doom towards new gTLDs and the companies involved. This one is accusing collusion between auction buyers, west.cn and gen.xyz. Also allegations against DNJ have been made without merit.

I'm not going to call you names, like you have towards me but I will state my opinion whether you like it or not. Just because I said I was out didn't mean I wouldn't read your reply. Being out, or bye only meant I won't comment on the subject matter moving forward. :P

I will reply to your insults! :xf.rolleyes:
Good on you Mad101

•••
Good on you Mad101

Let me go Google translate your reply, Good on you Mad101. I don't even have a freakin clue what that means but par for the course. Geesh!

•••
Let me go Google translate your reply, Good on you Mad101. I don't even have a freakin clue what that means but par for the course. Geesh!
Its my idea of a joke but its lost on you.
Play on Marketing 101 or Sales 101, you know the basic tenants of any discipline is XXXXX101.
Well you I think of as the authority on madness so MAD101 not MAD409. Kills it when you have to explain but I found it funny. Chill Mad101 its a beautiful day today clear blue skies frost on the ground mist in the distance, a day to relax

•••
Chill Mad101 its a beautiful day today clear blue skies frost on the ground mist in the distance, a day to relax

I will chill when you receive a cease and desist letter. ;)

•••
Keep in mind that DNJ does not make the news, DNJ reports the news - and quotes sources. So you can decide for yourself if you want to trust one particular source/venue or not. It is obvious that some sales are doctored and reported as bona fide transactions. Every market is subject to lies, manipulation, insider trading.

One thing is for sure: .xyz is one of the most hyped up extensions since .mobi.
Negari can take credit for that, but at some point it is the speculators themselves who are fueling the hype, because they start following the followers without questioning the fundamentals. By this I mean the relevance and global appeal of .xyz.

I am personally wary, in my view Negari is a car salesman and he will sell you anything. After all this is the man who brought us .com.de, and now he's moving on to other TLDs. Sometimes there is a fine line between marketing and deception.

Also, the guy has owned (and maybe, still owns) great domains like Driving.com, Degree.com, Ringtones.com, PhD.com. As a publicity stunt he sold his own name negari.com to mark his shift away from .com, but what happened to the other names in the portfolio ? Did he liquidate everything ? I'm curious.

An insult to car salesmen!

•••
Wild west of domaining, no laws no morals just pump and dump....

•••
Somebody mentioned to me that negari.com still forwards to xyz.com. Name reportedly sold but still not being used ?

•••
Wild west of domaining, no laws no morals just pump and dump....

You are sooooooo right. No laws, no morals. What's troubling to me is that there are a lot of older guys in different companies involved in the scamming, and/or fraud, and/or reporting, and/or shill-bidding, and/or ethically-challenged policies in general, etc. Then they hire younger adults, on the cheap probably, to "relate" to most of us here in the domainer forums. For example, the guy Flippa trots out here to feed us nonsense and BS appears to be a younger guy, but still old enough to know right from wrong. I guess the paycheck is too important. Lots of competition out there for jobs that don't really produce anything.

Then the reporting entities? OMG! What a farce. Lots of blatant untruths proffered in that arena. I guess a few click-throughs each week are important enough to sell us down the river. Well, the joke's truly on them going forward. We're wising up.

You'll notice none of those players have the decency to explain themselves and their apparent hypocrisies here. That should tell you all you need to know.

Opt out!

•••
Lol.. Oh No! And here I was thinking they might be here, making it more convenient for those who want to sell to them:rolleyes:. As for the prices on 4L, I believe I wrote that I was new..not blind.

Haha, I would hope not.

•••
Anyone remember these sales...

NewYorkApartmentsforSale.com $42,000 (privacy Whois and not developed)
-GAKP shows 6600 monthly searches enough for maybe a low $XXXX sale but the domain is 24 characters and five words (who on NP has ever sold a five-word domain for five figures?) so not a great brand and is not developed several years later WT!

Farmacia.TV $20,000 (privacy Whois not developed)
-GAKP does show decent search volume 201k but I have been around Spanish domains and .TV long enough to say hmmm - the domain (pharmacy) does not fit the extension well and who spends $20k on a Spanish .TV domain that doesn't fit the extension well to not do anything with it? Why aren't they buying much better Spanish aftermarket domains like some of the ones I hold that are less expensive and do make sense with .TV (real estate, fitness, geo, pets)?

•••
The companies that sell the new tld's invest millions for the right to sell their brands. They have to recoup their investment before they can make any $.

This explains the outrageous reg fees for some of the names when a new one comes out and also the high renewal fees.

There are so many new tld's it is easy for any one of them to be lost in the shuffle.

In addition to the large initial investment they have to spend big bucks on marketing to push their brand.

It is obvious there will be many, many losers in this race, and only time will tell.

In this unregulated industry there will always be people who will have no problem cheating the system to get ahead.

I have said many times at this forum, do not invest heavily in the new tld's until the dust settles and we can tell who the winners will be.

Personally I have only a few that I only purchased because they were on sale for less than a dollar a piece, otherwise I would never waste $ on them.

Invest in these new tld's at your own risk.

It is a big gamble, and some will do OK because they just happened to pick one of the new tld's that took off.

The rest will lose money.

•••
Even the most successful of 'old new' TLDs .info and .biz are still considered failures today, and generally not deemed credible or suitable for serious projects. They are also not suitable for pure play domaining purposes, with few exceptions.
But they are still well ahead of the more prominent of newly-released extensions such as .club or .xyz. Everything is relative.

I won't take new extensions seriously until I see them in action in the real world, often.

•••
Even the most successful of 'old new' TLDs .info and .biz are still considered failures today, and generally not deemed credible or suitable for serious projects. They are also not suitable for pure play domaining purposes, with few exceptions.
But they are still well ahead of the more prominent of newly-released extensions such as .club or .xyz. Everything is relative.

I never understood the hype around .club. They have a nice team and in some cases with the right keyword you can create a nice domain with it but that's it.

They are not an universal TLD and the extension is really limited compared to .info or .biz.

As most don't get excited about .biz I don't see why one would get excited about .club.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back