IT.COM

discuss Low appetite for LLLL.com from Dropcatch users?

NameSilo
Watch

muttus

Established Member
Impact
Hi Nps,

If I followed correctly there have been 19 LLLL.com droping today and only 5 seems to be caught by Dropcatch. Why do you think it is? I have placed some backorders on Dynadot with zero success, but for the first time I have been allowed to register 3 LLLL directly with GoDaddy just to get my order revoked few minutes later. How do you backorder your LLLL?

If you want to dig further these are domains I am talking about.

xzih.com
ajqo.com
atzj.com
dzgi.com
eevz.com
idgz.com
iuql.com
jsak.com
oqbt.com
qfbc.com
qgae.com
qvtp.com
rjcz.com
ugbx.com
uoxt.com
uxnv.com
uynj.com
xpbu.com
zisp.com

I am looking forward to your opinions.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Whois for one of those turned up Domain Monkeys which seems to be a Snapnames partner registrar.

One of the "usual suspects".

•••
8 dropcatch
3 pheenix
1 dynadot
2 backorderzone
4 snapnames
1 unrecognized chinese registrar

•••
Thanks for final count. So it was more then expected, but still I would expect bigger battle for those names.

1 Dynadot .... hmmmm .... let me check :) ...... nothing ..... Dynadot did allow me to put only 8 on backorder and obviously ones they did not catch.

Good to see that Pheenix make sense in some cases. I will have to focus on it as well, since I am not ready to pay 59+ for some of those domains.

Last edited:
•••
Dynadot does not seem to catch much, anyone else having luck there?

•••
I don't think these names are worth backordering.

•••
Dynadot does not seem to catch much, anyone else having luck there?

I think they just catch those which are not back ordered by big boys. I got 3 out of 35 orders and I do not think these were ordered elsewhere (in other words I could have redged them myself) . So I will stop with backorder there and try Dropcatch with hope I am the only one with them. I have seen few domains I liked which did not go to auction and have had some orders with Namejet.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back