Labeled as budget: above $1 in Requests, started by Evan Rice, Nov 18, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. Evan Rice

Evan Rice New Member

User's Time:
    2:15 AM
    Hey,

Me and some people have a small community on discord around this old game called "Hamsterball"

Recently we have gotten information about hamsterball 2 from the original developer.

He just revamped his website, he got domain names for all of his games.

But the domain name for hamsterball was not a .com which made me kinda sad..

So i want to try to find an email for the original owner of the domain name of "Hamsterball.com" and buy it. I
    have never done domain stuff too much so i might be dumb with this entire thing,my budget for buying the domain is 50$.

Heres what I have done to try to find the owner

I have done all whois lookups for the domain, he got namecheaps whois guard so I cant find it through that mean.

If you go to the website currently all you see is a login page, so a 'no go' there

I looked up the domain on archive.org and it was a "self-help schooling page" if i click contact I dont see an email, just one of those "contact me" things with no email, because of archive.org I obviously cant submit a contact request

Can anyone help me out for free? I just joined this website so I'm not sure if thats too much to ask for or not, im a noob. The most I will offer to a (is it called a broker? someone who finds the owner to a domain?) is about 10$

Thanks! also someone tell me if im in the wrong section

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. BrandPlease

BrandPlease BrandPlease.com VIP Gold Account

User's Time:
    2:15 AM
    Did a quick background search & whoever the owner was/is 2014 - present has had (paid) domain privacy services added. So, it wont be quite that easy - the time it would take & the cost you incur to hire a pro to track, would be far beyond $50. Honestly, access to the programs to be able to find this info would cost you more than 50.

sorry, not trying to be mean or rude - just didnt want to leave your message hanging & wondering why no one responded.

Do wish you luck in finding the owner, though. GL

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  3. jtc10101

jtc10101 Established Member

User's Time:
    1:15 AM
    Just curious, what tools would you use if you had the budget to find the domain owner?

4. comnicoless

comnicoless Restricted (15-30%)

User's Time:
    12:45 PM
    I will help you for a fee of $99 / lookup. Brokering sale $500 + fees,. DM for link to pay. Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  5. iAdam

iAdam Upgraded Member Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

User's Time:
    11:15 PM
    Hello and welcome. It looks like you did your homework right and you are not a complete a noob. I hope you can get in touch with the domain holder and acquire it, but i can't guarantee you the $50 deal. 😀

6. NameWell

NameWell Established Member

User's Time:
    9:15 AM
    First of all I would try finding any email addresses associated with that domain name (i.e. [email protected] etc.) If no luck with that and if I was serious about that domain name I would probably just hire a professional. For example secretbrokerage.com ($17 per domain name + commission)

Also, the domain names was registered in 2000 and kept for ... 20 years. Back then renewals were more expensive so the owner spent quite a lot for keeping it so long. Today it is a well aged domain name so it's value is a lot higher than $50. The important question is wheater the owner is aware of that ;)

Here's a GoDaddy's domain appraisal:

upload_2020-12-1_0-49-12.png

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  7. griff

griff Top Contributor VIP

User's Time:
    7:15 AM

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice