IT.COM

budget: above $1 Looking for the owner of the domain name "Hamsterball.com"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Evan Rice

Impact
Hey,

Me and some people have a small community on discord around this old game called "Hamsterball"

Recently we have gotten information about hamsterball 2 from the original developer.

He just revamped his website, he got domain names for all of his games.

But the domain name for hamsterball was not a .com which made me kinda sad..

So i want to try to find an email for the original owner of the domain name of "Hamsterball.com" and buy it. I
have never done domain stuff too much so i might be dumb with this entire thing,my budget for buying the domain is 50$.

Heres what I have done to try to find the owner

I have done all whois lookups for the domain, he got namecheaps whois guard so I cant find it through that mean.

If you go to the website currently all you see is a login page, so a 'no go' there

I looked up the domain on archive.org and it was a "self-help schooling page" if i click contact I dont see an email, just one of those "contact me" things with no email, because of archive.org I obviously cant submit a contact request

Can anyone help me out for free? I just joined this website so I'm not sure if thats too much to ask for or not, im a noob. The most I will offer to a (is it called a broker? someone who finds the owner to a domain?) is about 10$

Thanks! also someone tell me if im in the wrong section

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Did a quick background search & whoever the owner was/is 2014 - present has had (paid) domain privacy services added. So, it wont be quite that easy - the time it would take & the cost you incur to hire a pro to track, would be far beyond $50. Honestly, access to the programs to be able to find this info would cost you more than 50.

sorry, not trying to be mean or rude - just didnt want to leave your message hanging & wondering why no one responded.

Do wish you luck in finding the owner, though. GL

Last edited:
•••
Did a quick background search & whoever the owner was/is 2014 - present has had (paid) domain privacy services added. So, it wont be quite that easy - the time it would take & the cost you incur to hire a pro to track, would be far beyond $50. Honestly, access to the programs to be able to find this info would cost you more than 50.

sorry, not trying to be mean or rude - just didnt want to leave your message hanging & wondering why no one responded.

Do wish you luck in finding the owner, though. GL

Just curious, what tools would you use if you had the budget to find the domain owner?

•••
I will help you for a fee of $99 / lookup. Brokering sale $500 + fees,. DM for link to pay. Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
Hello and welcome. It looks like you did your homework right and you are not a complete a noob. I hope you can get in touch with the domain holder and acquire it, but i can't guarantee you the $50 deal. 😀

•••
First of all I would try finding any email addresses associated with that domain name (i.e. [email protected] etc.) If no luck with that and if I was serious about that domain name I would probably just hire a professional. For example secretbrokerage.com ($17 per domain name + commission)

Also, the domain names was registered in 2000 and kept for ... 20 years. Back then renewals were more expensive so the owner spent quite a lot for keeping it so long. Today it is a well aged domain name so it's value is a lot higher than $50. The important question is wheater the owner is aware of that ;)

Here's a GoDaddy's domain appraisal:

upload_2020-12-1_0-49-12.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
Back