IT.COM

advice Looking for input and advice on a domain sale pitch

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brian Baird

Established Member
Impact
This is my first post, so forgive me if I'm doing things horribly wrong.

I wrote a pitch for some hoverboard battery domains and I'm going to send it to battery, hoverboard and technology repair vendors. I would appreciate it if members of the namepro community gave me input and advice on my sales pitch (in italics below).

Greetings,

I'd like to offer you the opportunity to purchase some battery related domain names that are about to catch fire, really! These domain names could be the foundation to successfully expanding your business.

HoverboardBatteries.com

HoverboardBattery.com

HoverboardBatteries.net

HoverboardBattery.net

HoverboardBattery.xyz

HoverboardBatteries.xyz

Hoverboards are rapidly gaining poularity and are one of the most saught after gifts this holiday, but they have a massive problem, most hoverboards come with poorly manufactured batteries that are causing fires. Some airlines have banned hoverboards from flights and the USPS just banned them from aerial shipping because of the fire hazards their cheaply made batteries pose. Amazon.co.uk just told many of their hoverboard customers to dispose of them at recyling centers and is offering full refunds.

Purchasing and developing any of these domains is a great short term business decision.
  • The media is stirring up a lot of fear with the reports of hoverboard fires caused by cheap batteries. The companies selling hoverboards with low quality batteries may not be finacially capable of recalling their products or offering refunds. People who can't receive refunds or replacement hoverboards are going to want to replace the batteries on their own, you could be the marketplace that provides them with the quality batteries that they need.
Purchasing and developing any of these domains is a great long term business decision.
  • Hoverboard batteries have limited lives, they'll all need replacing eventually.
  • There isn't a clearly dominant hoverboard battery marketplace right now. If you start building a hoverboard battery replacement website soon, you could be the go to source for hoverboard batteries from now onward.
Please reply if any of these domains interest you. I look forward to hearing from you.

I'm looking forward to hearing your input. Remember that i'm new at this, so please be forgiving.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/how-to-find-potential-end-users.68798/
Has some templates,very informative thread,seems to have quietened since the chinese craze

I dont mind your email - Using bullet points is good but try to keep it short and sweet and to the point

Try to put one of your names in the header but try not to use stuff like 'forsale' because its more than likely going to end up in the spam folder
some people link to the listing of the domain they are selling but i was adviced againt this because the majority of people dont click links in unsolicited emails
Try to explain the virtues of them owning the name and why they would benefit,make it slighty personal to them rather than explaining about ,in this case,hoverboard batteries,which as your pitching to them,they should be fully aware of.
Always add a phone number with your contact details aswell.

I used to do outbound emails with ok results but with the chinese thing ive stopped.I am planning to start doing it again.Reading the VR thread thats how the bigger sales come.
Hope this helps.Best of luck

•••

I wrote a pitch for some hoverboard battery domains and I'm going to send it to battery, hoverboard and technology repair vendors. I would appreciate it if members of the namepro community gave me input and advice on my sales pitch (in italics below).

Greetings,

I'd like to offer you the opportunity to purchase some battery related domain names that are about to catch fire, really! These domain names could be the foundation to successfully expanding your business.

HoverboardBatteries.com

HoverboardBattery.com

HoverboardBatteries.net

HoverboardBattery.net

HoverboardBattery.xyz

HoverboardBatteries.xyz

Hoverboards are rapidly gaining poularity and are one of the most saught after gifts this holiday, but they have a massive problem, most hoverboards come with poorly manufactured batteries that are causing fires. Some airlines have banned hoverboards from flights and the USPS just banned them from aerial shipping because of the fire hazards their cheaply made batteries pose. Amazon.co.uk just told many of their hoverboard customers to dispose of them at recyling centers and is offering full refunds.

Purchasing and developing any of these domains is a great short term business decision.
  • The media is stirring up a lot of fear with the reports of hoverboard fires caused by cheap batteries. The companies selling hoverboards with low quality batteries may not be finacially capable of recalling their products or offering refunds. People who can't receive refunds or replacement hoverboards are going to want to replace the batteries on their own, you could be the marketplace that provides them with the quality batteries that they need.
Purchasing and developing any of these domains is a great long term business decision.
  • Hoverboard batteries have limited lives, they'll all need replacing eventually.
  • There isn't a clearly dominant hoverboard battery marketplace right now. If you start building a hoverboard battery replacement website soon, you could be the go to source for hoverboard batteries from now onward.
Please reply if any of these domains interest you. I look forward to hearing from you.

I'm looking forward to hearing your input. Remember that i'm new at this, so please be forgiving.

Personally, I think it is way too long. I agree that anyone doing business in this space KNOWS the problems. You don't need to tell them. I caught 3 spelling mistakes. That is the kiss of death!

•••

Putting aside any potential trademark issues or the validity of the fire issue you described because I know nothing about them in this case, I would recommend only offering a single dot com domain in your letter. You can offer the other domains to the prospect AFTER they buy the first domain or you can offer them to competitors.

You may also want to A/B test 1 or 2 shorter versions of your letter. One shorter version might look something like:

I own the domain HoverboardBattery.com and thought your company might be interested in developing it or forwarding it to your existing website because of the battery-related fire hazard that has been mentioned in the media recently. The price of the domain is only $X (or you can sayis very reasonable”) Let me know if you have any questions or would like to purchase it.”

As someone else has already said, spelling and grammar are SUPER important. Hope this helps.

•••
the domains are good, at least the .com ones are. Once you find an efficient email template and the public becomes more aware of the hoverboard battery issues, then you should have a better result trying to sell these. good luck

•••

Greetings,

HoverboardBatteries.com

HoverboardBattery.com

HoverboardBatteries.net

HoverboardBattery.net

HoverboardBattery.xyz

HoverboardBatteries.xyz

----------------------
Am I missing something. Isn't Hoverboard trademarked??

•••
I appreciate the input, thanks everyone.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back