IT.COM

Looking for feedback please - domainmarket.io

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Billy Wagner

Nameplicity.comTop Member
Impact
Hey Guys,

So for the past two or three weeks I've been working on my new baby, domainmarket.io. What do you guys think? Personally I think it looks amazing, but then again I'm bias since I created it. :D

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice website. I like the most it is responsive, fast loading and simple design.
It has 404 page, contact us, terms, social share - all elements that make a site looks professional.
Having a blog is nice too.
Now what I do not like:
- red color is the main color. Despite it looks classy and many designers use it, I personally do not like it on a website, especially a shopping one, especially when "buy now" button is signal red - I feel like in danger or warning. In my opinion green is the best color for buy now button.
- 'buy now' is the most important button but it is positioned below social buttons /I think customer must not be offered option to share when he wants to buy/ Also button is not visible immediately and not big enough. Many sites like Godaddy, Namejet etc. use green color. There are exceptions of course.
- error messages are black - user expects red error messages - this is where I like red.
- my opinion is that shopping cart is not needed, a simple Paypal 'buynow' button is faster for user, no need to register. Also, I put 4 times the same domain which is not good for domain shopping website - you must set only one piece of an item. There may be more issues with shopping cart if one digs deeper.
- I think you can put something like 'all domains' menu link because there is no way to see the full list if I landed to an inner page.
- the grey color is a little hard to read, espeially on the right sidebar. think about a little bigger or contrast font.
- starting sentences with small letter /like I do here/ does not look serious on a shopping site.

And one small thing, but it was the first I saw on the site - the animated arrows. You may find another way /place/ to promote your newsletter.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you for the awesome feedback @barefooted I have added a "view all" link to the individual product pages, as well adjusted the stock levels for all domains so only one can be added to the cart (thought I had already done that, but didn't, so thank you for pointing that out!). I also made the grey on the sidebar widget darker so it should be easier to read.

The lowercase "theme" of the site it so all of the domain names are easily readable. I don't want to have all of the domains in lowercase, and then use proper capitalization throughout the remainder of the site.

I've thought about changing the red color, and I may in the future, but for now I'm going to leave it as is. :)

And the shopping cart is so customers can buy more than one domain at a time. :D Or at least that's the hopes.

•••
Looks nice, clean and simple. I agree animation irritates me, if you can set it to animate ONCE, then stop I find that less annoying.

I am also big a believer in ProperCamelCase on domains for easy readability, what is Practice For Extra Ding? : wink :

Do you expect to add logos at some point or keep it all text?

Oh and Contact us at the top instead of hidden down at the bottom, or put it both, you should be esy to find

•••
You got rid of the arrows, good. I checked it the other day on my phone. Like it, contact us at top of page I would suggest.
Only issue is your logo area, consumes the entire screen on my phone. All I see is white, with your logo, cart, checkout. I see all and search products only until I scroll down. Maybe your logo area is to large

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/?url=domainmarket.io

•••
Looks nice, clean and simple. I agree animation irritates me, if you can set it to animate ONCE, then stop I find that less annoying.

I am also big a believer in ProperCamelCase on domains for easy readability, what is Practice For Extra Ding? : wink :

Do you expect to add logos at some point or keep it all text?

Oh and Contact us at the top instead of hidden down at the bottom, or put it both, you should be esy to find

Thank you for the feedback. I've set the arrows to only "bounce" once now vs. continually. I want to draw attention to the sign-up form, but I agree the constant animation was a bit much.

That's a really good point for PracticeForexTrading. :D I've set the domain names to revert to CamelCase when they are scrolled over. What do you think?

As far as logos go, I don't plan on ever adding any. Not when I'm selling at these price points.

I've added the "contact us" link to the main menu. I originally had it hiding because I didn't want to receive potential spam, but on second thought it does give more credibility to the site with it being on the main menu.

•••
I only had a quick scroll down but its good that your names have BIN prices and the actual prices arent outrageously high. All the best with your site my friend. I think your headed in the right direction.

•••
You got rid of the arrows, good. I checked it the other day on my phone. Like it, contact us at top of page I would suggest.
Only issue is your logo area, consumes the entire screen on my phone. All I see is white, with your logo, cart, checkout. I see all and search products only until I scroll down. Maybe your logo area is to large

Yes, for mobile and tablet users it seemed easier to just remove the entire box. May implement it again in the future.

I'm still fine tuning the mobile version. I've noticed that as well. I removed the cart icon and that seemed to help a little, but I need to make the height of the white space smaller.

•••
So I've changed the logo color from red to a shade of blue. Any thoughts?

•••
I've redone the site to make it a "make offer" site rather than a "BIN" site. Any thoughts or suggestions?

•••
I've added some color to the site and re-arranged a few things. Any thoughts?

•••
I do not like logo. kinda nontechy-ish.
it's like watching my beer bottle... a bit.

so I'd work on that. but thta's just me. since you asked.
cheers

•••
I do not like logo. kinda nontechy-ish.
it's like watching my beer bottle... a bit.

so I'd work on that. but thta's just me. since you asked.
cheers

What about everything aside from the logo? And I don't really want it to be techy per say, just want something simple that stands out.

•••
What about everything aside from the logo? And I don't really want it to be techy per say, just want something simple that stands out.

ah ok
well u got a techy extension and techy subject/name.. so I thoght you wanted techy everything.

the rest looks good to me. so I guess if logo is only thing people are mentiong to you maybe you did good! gl!

•••
Back