Dynadot

domain Looking for branding opinions for new business - A G B A. com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Recons.Com

Top Member
Impact
I would really appreciate if fellow NPers would help with the choice of brand for my future business.

The idea is to reveal the business area a bit later, so that opinions are expressed on the options by themselves. What kind of associations come to mind when you see the name, when you say it out loud, what business would you assume just by looking at/hearing the name.

Please write your response without reading responses by others, if possible.

Then I will share the business area I am looking for to see how that gauges against the expressed perceptions. I have .com of all the names below that I am seeking feedback on:

A G B A

A N E M

A X O T

E E X O

E F Z Y

E L I X

E U V O

U L D Y

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow, thank you all so much. Will respond to all posts tomorrow from computer, but glad to be in the community with so many bright minds.

•••
How many end-user requests have you had on each of those names? (domainers' offers do not count as they bid on anything 4L and shorter when they see one passing by)

I will be surprised if ELIX and EFZY do not stand out (in this particular order) and the rest are just marginal.
If this is the case, that's what i think of them too:

1) ELIX (anything goes)
2) EFZY (something casual and entertaining, guys wearing ties get cut off but we don't like them anyway)
..better looking/sounding 5-6L alternatives
100) the rest of the list

just my amateur 2 cents..

•••
Having worked with different short brand names and being in that sorta field, i really like talking about this so i will try to give you my opinion.

The 4L.com domain names are the best for doing business with because the name can really be unique and easy to read but most of all it catches your eyes straight away, but the only problem is that the best have already been used and what is left is your job to work on it to make it sound and look like a million dollar name.

From your list i would have to agree with the majority, Elix can be brand-able however make sure it would work well with the type of business this will represent, because it could look way off if for instance you used it for a burger joint. The second i would choose is Agba.com, which is easier to read and pronounce and doesn't need a second look to say it right.

The big problem with these names are the way people say them, I might be pronouncing Elix in a different way to you and to me it might sound different depending on the business.

At the end make sure that you ask family and friends how would they say the name and if most say it the way you do then you have a winner.

Good Luck.

Thank you for the detailed response.

99% of names will have the problem of pronunciation, especially if you factor in different languages, countries etc.

Some, though, to lesser degree. I chose the names in the list considering that factor too. They are much less prone to variations.

Let's see if your opinion will change after I write what business it is for.

•••
Thank you for the detailed response.

99% of names will have the problem of pronunciation, especially if you factor in different languages, countries etc.

Some, though, to lesser degree. I chose the names in the list considering that factor too. They are much less prone to variations.

Let's see if your opinion will change after I write what business it is for.
I just want to know if I nailed it or not? :)

•••
My expression:

AGBA - something related to art (like symmetrical "A" letters, and strong "G" in it)
- it reminds me of ABBA - Swedish pop group

ANEM - computer software, animation

AXOT - most soundable for me; rough; heavy industry

EEXO - export company

EFZY - frenzy, entertainment

ELIX - electronics

EUVO - music industry

ULDY - documents, certifications (moody, unspecified, dont like it)

Very nice post ) Great name associations )

•••
Similar but when dealing with syllable breaks, IMO having it begin with 'e' adds great value if the category is online business/service. Thus a major difference between enom and anem. (Despite 'A' being superior when sorted alphabetically)

Actually never had thought of enom or amen associations )) I associated it most with animation and it turned out the word is of the same origin and nowadays anem- is used as wind-.

•••
1. AXOT
2. ELIX
3. EEXO
4. ANEM

AGBA a name for a more traditional type company. Simple but a bit boring.

ANEM Reminds of a short version of Anthem.

AXOT Tech type company comes to mind

EEXO There is something about this name I really like. Definitely tech related but with a younger vibe

EFZY I'm not a huge fan of the letter F in brandables but it is easy to remember and pronounce but does remind me of EFTY

ELIX Tech type company comes to mind. Coolest one of the bunch

EUVO It would be pronounced like it starts with a Y so you may lose some people

ULDY If you said this in a noisy bar they may end up at ALDY or OLDY. Doesn't fit with tech in my opinion but will work in other areas.

Thank you for the list of associations ) Interestingly, there is a European chain store called Aldi, that is active in the US too. I agree that there are variations of sounding/spelling, but advantage of pronounceable LLLLs is that you can say it and then quickly spell it like "you - el - di - why".

•••
ELIX - #1 by far. It wins all the way around. I can see this name being used for anything under the sun.

All of the rest are middle of the road here in the list you have given us and I kinda like them all for different reasons on each of them.

EFZY - This one is the worst by far. I dont like this one at all. Yes it is short and pronouncable and sounds similar to EFTY but it fails the radio test miserably. When you tell someone to go to your site they will end up at "FZ".com unless you explain each letter.

Very nice 4-L dot coms.
Best of luck with your project!

Vito

Yes, there is something about elix that I cannot fully explain that it is universally likable. It gets an offer every other month from end users and a new end user pops up in search regularly. When I bought it in auction many years ago, I paid nearly LLL.com price for it and never regretted doing so.

Efzy seems to get strong feelings so far, albeit at different ends of spectrum ))

•••
Elix.com is the best one imho to brand with. Has a "magical" feel to it because it's the short form of the word Elixir. After that I'd say Anem, which just feels right.

You are right. Does remind of elixir and also actually is medical term for extracting.

What type of business(es) would you associated Anem with?

•••
Your alphabetical order . . .
A G B A

A N E M

A X O T

E E X O

E F Z Y

E L I X

E U V O

U L D Y

The board preference . . .
E L I X
A N E M
E F Z Y
U L D Y
E U V O
A X O T
E E X O
A G B A

My top 4 prediction alphabetical . . .

A X O T
E L I X
E U V O
U L D Y

The one you will use . . .

Second runner up is . . . E U V O
Winner . . . U L D Y

You want to be stand out from the crowd. Top 3 board pref as listed by me seems like a slam dunk . . . You have a bunch of domain investors discussing domains. Its great. I am certain it is helpful. You aren't trying to flip a domain to an investor. You are building a brand, if I understood correctly.

I would bet 1 month business class that one of these 4 win . . . which will be most everyone's bottom half. TOOK OUT BET BC IM SURE IT BREAKS A RULE . . .
U L D Y
E U V O
A X O T
A G B A

thank you!

What are your associations with this names?

If you had to assume what business a company is based just on the name, what your guess would be for them?

•••
Thank you for the list of associations ) Interestingly, there is a European chain store called Aldi, that is active in the US too. I agree that there are variations of sounding/spelling, but advantage of pronounceable LLLLs is that you can say it and then quickly spell it like "you - el - di - why".
I shop there sometimes. Great prices.

•••
How many end-user requests have you had on each of those names? (domainers' offers do not count as they bid on anything 4L and shorter when they see one passing by)

I will be surprised if ELIX and EFZY do not stand out (in this particular order) and the rest are just marginal.
If this is the case, that's what i think of them too:

1) ELIX (anything goes)
2) EFZY (something casual and entertaining, guys wearing ties get cut off but we don't like them anyway)
..better looking/sounding 5-6L alternatives
100) the rest of the list

just my amateur 2 cents..

Definitely Elix beats them all combined for offers. But, again, not interested in that aspect. I want to figure out associations just by seeing the name without knowing anything else. Then hopefully we can discuss for the specific business and see how it matched.

•••
thank you!

What are your associations with this names?

If you had to assume what business a company is based just on the name, what your guess would be for them?
When I look at all the letters it is tough to conclude this . . . be that as it may, I just thought it was some sort of advertising or consulting type of business.

•••
I shop there sometimes. Great prices.

I ignored them for long time for some reason, but have been stopping by once a month now. They do have very good deals on some items, although the whole concept is completely different from others in the US.

There is also a cosmetics chain in the US called ULTA

•••
Elix is a beautiful name, I'd build a startup on it any day ... any type of business

•••
Elix is a beautiful name, I'd build a startup on it any day ... any type of business

Yeah, that is the "problem" with it ) I am keeping it for a different business idea, but might end up using it as an umbrella brand like "Virgin" does

•••
I just want to know if I nailed it or not? :)

there is no nailing on this one ) As the point is to find out what people associate the name just by its look and sound. Then I will mention the business idea and we all can see if there is a match.

•••
•••
Elix or efzy

What are your associations with those names? What type of business just by looking at E L I X or E F Z Y text at a billboard?

•••
Actually never had thought of enom or amen associations )) I associated it most with animation and it turned out the word is of the same origin and nowadays anem- is used as wind-.

Enom / Anem similar by pattern VCVC with m/n consonants.

Autocorrect on my Android (English) changes anem to amen by default.

Last edited:
•••
What are your associations with those names? What type of business just by looking at E L I X or E F Z Y text at a billboard?

Elix, I think of Elixir, like alchemy (turning metal into gold etc) but I just like the way it sounds, and it's fairly memorable.

Efzy, I like the most because as someone stated earlier, you just have to remember "F" and "Z", as I think it'd be pronounced that way FZ..

It's hard to say which one I think is the best for a business though, without at least knowing the general category of the business. So not knowing, I vote Elix, then Efzy, however that could change based on the business idea.

•••
•••
I like E F Z Y , its similar to Efty.

•••
•••
anem = cryptocurrency
elix = toy shop
euvo = special lights

Last edited:
•••
Back