Dynadot

information lnvitation.com sold for $20156 ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
lnvitation.com > Lnvitation.com sold for $20156 ???
241 bids
(small L)

wf-lnvitation.jpg

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The bid winner will surely feel like he took a collective punch in his stomach after realizing it was L. 🤣🤣🤣

•••
Surely there's something more to this? SEO domain? 241 bids might know something that we dont? haha

•••
Dynadot should fix the way domains are displayed.

They need to be displayed in both upper and lower case to avoid this type of thing.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Surely there's something more to this? SEO domain? 241 bids might know something that we dont? haha
Ahrefs is showing a grand total of 2 backlinks.......

Border line scammy the way it is presented

•••
Even I thought it is I and not l !!!

•••
The bid winner will surely feel like he took a collective punch in his stomach after realizing it was L. 🤣🤣🤣

Unlikely to pay one would think?

And yes, very close to scammy!

•••
I think that sale will be a hard flop. Hard to imagine they were intentionally bidding up a typo. They thought it was the real word.

Can you imagine paying 20K for what you think is a high value dictionary word and find out after the fact you bought a typo?

•••
That "l" is the difference between a $20k domain and $20 domain!
That's why I use this tool i or L checker

Last edited:
•••
•••
the buyer took an L in multiple ways 🤭 on a serious note have seen the same thing happen on squadhelp multiple times - still surprised people aren't pasting names directly into google before committing money (or replying to suspicious looking emails)

•••
You should watch-out of domains typo. It's will be better if you copy and past the domain on google to double check.

It's happened to me yesterday, I have almost bid on the following domain amercianeagle.com on Namejet, I thought it was American Eagle.

Last edited:
•••
I saw this when it was still at 500 bucks and copy and pasted the name into a search bar which shows what it is. To be fair to Dynadot they listed the name all in the same case (lower) which is probably the default. More fool the bidders I say.

•••
GD auctions already showing that simple lower/upper case variations of the domain name:

gd-upper.png

It's not that hard at the programming side.
This is shame of dynadot. They should think it while developing that page.

If I were them, I would make a full refund to the buyer and ban that scammer in a moment.

•••

Last edited:
•••
I wonder if you can actually request a refund for this kind of situation (false advertising).

@Dynadot should definitely do something about and start displaying both variations.

•••
•••
i have sold a domain on Dan, later the buyer said he had mistaken and asked for refund Dan refunded it.
Dan paid me some money as excuse I appreciate it but I decided do not use Dan anymore and removed my portfolio from the platform.

•••
i have sold a domain on Dan, later the buyer said he had mistaken and asked for refund Dan refunded it.
Dan paid me some money as excuse I appreciate it but I decided do not use Dan anymore and removed my portfolio from the platform.

Just curious, was that domain a misspelled word as well?

•••
•••
It's now listed at Dynadot marketplace for $19,999.

•••
It's now listed at Dynadot marketplace for $19,999.
Good luck with that, a very embarrased "buyer" I would think.

Parked at Uniregistry.

•••
I believe that previous owner has renewed the name. At Dynadot you need to wait 3-5 days after winning the auction to take control over it. Name is now on "Make offer".

Last edited:
•••
I believe that previous owner has renewed the name. At Dynadot you need to wait 3-5 days after winning the auction to take control over it. Name is now on "Make offer".
That is hilarious if correct..:xf.smile:

And the "buyer" breathing a huge sigh of relief.

Last edited:
•••
Too expensive for a typo. But what do I know?!

•••