Dynadot

LLLLL.com (5 Letter) Sales and discussion thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GlobalDomainer

Account Closed
Impact
Hi guys,

Like anyone of you, I am always searching for new trends. For the last 18 months I went really deep into the LLLL. I placed my bets, and now only have to wait for all them 4 letters to be :sold:

So I was thinking. What would be a nice new niche for me to get into? My answer after some thinking and testing is actually quite simple. I decided to invest in quality LLLLL coms. I know I know, it is not actually a new trend and not really a niche. But I tell you, these 5 letter domains can become big business in some time :imho:

Why? Because quality 5 letter domains are extremely brandable. Lots of startups there looking for a brandable short name, especially the web 2.0 based ones. Quality 5 letter domains generate also natural type in traffic as I experienced myself. And ofcourse, it is dotcom based, the only safe bet you can make I believe.

I also believe that not all 5 letter dotcoms will be sold shortly, maybe they will never be. You really need to have quality names. But that is also a question I have for you. What is a quality name in this niche?

So maybe we can make this thread a bit sticky and share thoughts and experiences in developing this part of the domain market.

Oh yeah, just to share this with you. I recently acquired sygar, lyned, jebia, sebod, pifab, pobit, samau and penep.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When I see some 5l are registered in .COM but not in .CN, I wonder why should someone (of course Chinese) would pay even $100 for .com, when .cn is available at reg fee.

I don't see value in every 5l chip, only small amount with meaning and already registered in .cn. At least for now...

•••
And when it is scarcity of gold, it is natural that the price will increase....

If you don't find the gold in your budget, you may buy silver but it will diminish your stander when you see your friends are bearing the real golden jewelry.

•••
•••
But we don't know if gold + jewelry = golden jewelry in Chinese you try to apply english grammar rules to chinese phonetical rules.
I don't think so, gold and golden is different words even in English.
Translator shows "Huángjīn shìpǐn" for golden jewelry = HJSP, but it can be inaccurate too, since words have synonyms. Need to be natural speaker to know this details.
I own one domain in Spanish that Google translates as popular word, and recently asked opinion of Spanish domainers about it. They told me there's much better word with this meaning and mine is just form of it.
5L intrepretations actually very rare, because most of Chinese words break up in 2L Acronyms, not 3.
Of course there's few of them that have 3L, and few cities with 3L acronyms, but no more than 5-10%.
But regarding 5L buyout meaning won't matter that much, imho.
After they all gone it will be commodity, trading chips, and only few will command premium price, the rest will be the same, no matter if it has meaning or not. At least at reseller market. Resellers only worry about 1 thing - price, when you trade 100 chips each day at Ename, you don't have time to look for meaning, you look at the letters, numbers, pattern and price, that's it.

•••
lets say google translate is bullsi*t but look at this please tell me why amazon has that key on there site as gold related product

Amazon

•••
•••
How you can comment this according to

HJ = Go home
SS = at any time
HJSS = Gold Jewelry

Google is not Chinese ;)

Each letter (without considering AEIOUV) can have hundreds, if not thousands of possible words in pinyin.
And each pinyin word has at least 4 ways to pronounce it. This means at least 4 possible meanings.
Note that each of the 4 are different words.
This is why random letter are valuable. Because they can have so many uses.

•••
Google is not Chinese ;)

Each letter (without considering AEIOUV) can have hundreds, if not thousands of possible words in pinyin.
And each pinyin word has at least 4 ways to pronounce it. This means at least 4 possible meanings.
Note that each of the 4 are different words.
This is why random letter are valuable. Because they can have so many uses.

Here you go, like DotCn said before each of 20 shengmu letters can be used in a lot of corresponding acronyms. Some 2 letters together can have famous known combinations, but really, if your business is in BJ and you can't find domain starting with BJ, you can use just 1 letter B and add some other meaning in the middle. So many ways to mix, match and play around with letters in Pinyin. Every one of 20 letters is valuable.

•••
because most of Chinese words break up in 2L Acronyms, not 3.
Of course there's few of them that have 3L, and few cities with 3L acronyms

And that's the problem that I don't think 5L will be valuable 5L. Why buy from domainer 5L that is a crapped way to say some meaning when you can handreg 6L with exact meaning

•••
Because they buying not for meaning, not for end-user, but for trading purposes as digital currency, like bitcoin.
And only domains that completely bought out will have value.
If 6L will get bought out, they will have value too, but it's 64mln...
And before it happens, only good patters in 6L will have value, just like you can see it with numbers.

•••
Example. I asked him about my gchcz that Google says is "Car owner". And true if you search images with 该车车主 you see car owners. Exactly he says it means "Car owner of the car" First of all carownerofthecar.com isn't registered even in English.

Moreover it missed one letter h
Why register 5L gchcz, when 6L gchczh is more correct?

•••
Because they buying not for meaning, not for end-user, but for trading purposes as digital currency, like bitcoin.
And only domains that completely bought out will have value.
If 6L will get bought out, they will have value too, but it's 64mln...
And before it happens, only good patters in 6L will have value, just like you can see it with numbers.

Do you think LLLLLs is a good pattern for 6l? lol

•••

We don't know yet. They buy only those that can be useful.

•••
We don't know yet. They buy only those that can be useful.
You asked why, I gave you my answer.
Noone knows for sure, but I see Chinese buying 5L every day, and I saw what they took first, and what next, and what is registered now.
And study that market with LLLL.net, so I have good idea what they paying premium for.
And what can be the other reasons for buying domains besides selling it to end-users.

//They buy only those that can be useful.

When they buy, they take most of domains starting from the first 2 letters.
If you see it like this: 200 domains registered in 20 seconds you can tell they not checking translations, but taking everything with those 2 letters. It's obvious, they just want to buy them all.

•••
•••
Example. I asked him about my gchcz that Google says is "Car owner". And true if you search images with 该车车主 you see car owners. Exactly he says it means "Car owner of the car" First of all carownerofthecar.com isn't registered even in English.

Moreover it missed one letter h
Why register 5L gchcz, when 6L gchczh is more correct?

Ergo, gchcz is not 该车车主. The H at the center is redundant.
Moreover, nobody says 该车车主 to refer to a car owner.
You can cut off 2 words to leave yourself with 车主 and retain the same meaning (car owner).
BTW 车主 has pinyin of "chezhu". The dotcom is taken.

•••
•••
lol had one in my cart, then I was checking for others meaning 20 minutes later went to cart to pay and guess what? it was gone

•••
lol had one in my cart, then I was checking for others meaning 20 minutes later went to cart to pay and guess what? it was gone
same thing happened to me few days ago.

•••
Any promo code available? for .com

•••
Ergo, gchcz is not 该车车主. The H at the center is redundant.
Moreover, nobody says 该车车主 to refer to a car owner.
You can cut off 2 words to leave yourself with 车主 and retain the same meaning (car owner).
BTW 车主 has pinyin of "chezhu". The dotcom is taken.

Does it mean that there is no need to check meanings through Google translate? Because looks like everything we think is good

bspxz Video download
cjkcs The health and longevity
cjqxz Super Heroes
ckpxs Touch screen display
cptxz Product System
cwtxz Who Emperor
cxcmg Showing beauty
cxcmj This dream
cxcnr Showing a woman
cxcpd Innovative products
cypfs Tea Wholesalers
cyyqt Senate
gpzxc High quality car
gpyxz Domino game
gcslx Engineer
gqcxc Songs show
grccz Personal property

perhaps has either a redundunt letter, or is not correct translation, or nobody says this way.

•••
lets say google translate is bullsi*t but look at this please tell me why amazon has that key on there site as gold related product

Amazon

Amazon took not HJSSH, it took 黄金首饰

we do not know that HJSSH is 100% 黄金首饰
I would say we know that hjss means 黄金首饰
and jhssh has redundant letter

using hjssh instead of hjss is the same as using goldenn.com instead of golden.com You read it the same way, but writing is not correct.

Of course if there will be a company that uses hjssh as acronym and it will be selling jewlry and bingo! it sounds like golden jewelry too )))

•••
Amazon took not HJSSH, it took 黄金首饰

we do not know that HJSSH is 100% 黄金首饰
I would say we know that hjss means 黄金首饰
and jhssh has redundant letter

using hjssh instead of hjss is the same as using goldenn.com instead of golden.com You read it the same way, but writing is not correct.

Of course if there will be a company that uses hjssh as acronym and it will be selling jewlry and bingo! it sounds like golden jewelry too )))
thanks.

•••
There are 3.2 Million 5 letter Chinese 'premiums'.

That's a $30 Million a year in reg fees.

I'd be extremely cautious about investing in these without an exit plan.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back