Dynadot

question Listing on Sedo AND Dan .com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JohnAmibo

Established Member
Impact
Hi, just wondering is it okay to list on multiple marketplaces?

I currently have my domains listed and parked with SEDO, but I have also listed them on DAN .com, simply because dan .com requires no verification (as far as I'm aware) so why not was my initial thought and just wondering how this is viewed by members of the community? Will it hurt my chances of a sale in any unforeseen way?

Many thanks, Ja

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would generally recommend listing your names at as many places as possible and make sure you have a for sale landing page too. It could create an issue if your name were to sell at two venues at the same time but I would assume most run that slim risk.

You can set "make offer" to them to avoid that issue ofcourse or only have a BIN price on a single marketplace and "make offer" on the rest.

But yeah the more the merrier.

•••
Most of my domains are listed as follows....

DAN - Landing page - make offer
Afternic - BIN
Sedo - Make offer

There are some exceptions to the above, I have BIN on DAN for some higher priced domains so I can use the payment plan option.......Also I use Sedo landing pages for a few .orgs

Last edited:
•••
@D Haynes @NickB Thanks for the advice, both seem like solid strategies

•••
Hi, just wondering is it okay to list on multiple marketplaces?

I currently have my domains listed and parked with SEDO, but I have also listed them on DAN .com, simply because dan .com requires no verification (as far as I'm aware) so why not was my initial thought and just wondering how this is viewed by members of the community? Will it hurt my chances of a sale in any unforeseen way?

Many thanks, Ja
The Afternic/Sedo/Dan combo appears to be popular.
It's unclear, now that GoDaddy is branded with Dan, whether placing "Buy Now" on both Afternic and Dan would be feasible. Since "Buy Now" is much likelier to yield a sale, one would hope that this could be an option in the near future.
And, incidentally, don't worry what the members of the community think. Many of them would probably wait until you drop your domains for lack of sales, to buy them in the expired auctions!:xf.wink:

•••
Most of my domains are listed as follows....

DAN - Landing page - make offer
Afternic - BIN
Sedo - Make offer

There are some exceptions to the above, I have BIN on DAN for some higher priced domains so I can use the payment plan option.......Also I use Sedo landing pages for a few .orgs
Would you still be able to enable AN Fast Transfer even though your domains pointing to DAn DNS

•••
Would you still be able to enable AN Fast Transfer even though your domains pointing to DAn DNS
That's never been a problem. Afternic Fast Transfer is independent of the lander DNS.

•••
And, incidentally, don't worry what the members of the community think. Many of them would probably wait until you drop your domains for lack of sales, to buy them in the expired auctions!:xf.wink:
Where did this come from?

He asked for advice - I shared what I do and David gave some good advice, no one shared any negative thoughts or asked what domains the OP has so we can try and grab them at expiry....Unless I'm missing something....

•••
Where did this come from?

He asked for advice - I shared what I do and David gave some good advice, no one shared any negative thoughts or asked what domains the OP has so we can try and grab them at expiry....Unless I'm missing something....
Well, the OP appears concerned that listing his domain on all three marketplaces would affect the way the Namepros members view his domains. He raised the issue that maybe this potentially could hurt his sales in some way. He seemed to implying that he is interested in sales using Namepros.
He can relax, because plenty of folks here might not even care how many marketplaces have the listings....they would just as well catch the domain on expiration!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back