IT.COM

question Listing on Afternic (Registrar GoDaddy)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

omardomaining

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone,

When listing on Afternic (domain registered at GoDaddy), does it make a difference whether the domain is listed through your GoDaddy account , or using your Afternic account ?
In order for the domain to be properly and smoothly listed, and included in the Afternic Network.

Regards,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello everyone,

When listing on Afternic (domain registered at GoDaddy), does it make a difference whether the domain is listed through your GoDaddy account , or using your Afternic account ?
In order for the domain to be properly and smoothly listed, and included in the Afternic Network.

Regards,

There appears to be one clear benefit of doing it directly through Afternic. You can immediately see that the domain is indeed listed with the appropriate pricing.

I've always done it directly through Afternic, but perhaps others can weigh in on their experiences. Also @James Iles could perhaps help clarify this question.

•••
Thanks @LoveCatchyDomains - I've always listed through Afternic, and I'd say that's pretty typical of most GoDaddy & Afternic users.

•••
There's one benefit in listing directly from GoDaddy. If the previous owner hasn't removed the old Afternic listing, you will override it when listing from GoDaddy.

This will save you from contacting Afternic support and then waiting a few days for them to manually remove the old listing.

•••
There's one benefit in listing directly from GoDaddy. If the previous owner hasn't removed the old Afternic listing, you will override it when listing from GoDaddy.

This will save you from contacting Afternic support and then waiting a few days for them to manually remove the old listing.
Unfortunately, this method doesn't work anymore. Annoying!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back