Dynadot

Lifetimehosting

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Guys, Would you trust a company offering Life time hosting? came across a company, offering $99
one off fee for hosting forever! too good to be true? sounds like bankruptcy down the line to me?
Not sure if I am allowed to mention the company so Google "life time hosting" let me know what you think. anyone also had experience with them? let me know

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Absolutely not - they can just close down whenever they want and then you're out of luck

•••
Just think about how can they survive if they charge their customers only one time.

•••
•••
Web hosting is a perpetual expense. It is impossible to provide lifetime hosting unless you are selling 50MB for $99999. Better look for reliable ones. :)

•••
Absolutely not - they can just close down whenever they want and then you're out of luck

$99 is a reasonably high price for so called "lifetime hosting", so it is not a pyramid scam trying to signup and collect as much as possible with an imminent shutdown when they can't provide services they promised that cheap. $99 is a very solid profit for them to make on the basic hosting they probably offering

BUT
They don't have to shutdown to cut their costs associated with providing you with service. They can just put more and more and more and more clients on the same server, which is going to make it extremely cheap for them to run (per client) and make most demanding clients to drop out (but hey they already paid as much as they could possibly pay, so why worry?

Last edited:
•••
Nothing is lifetime, heck the most I'll pay upfront for most services is usually 1 year (max 2 years in some cases).

No matter how deep the discount for multiple years, you can't forsee bankruptcy, or a sale to a new owner who won't honor the original deal, etc.

Stick with reputable host who has a good track record

•••
Better get month-by month hosting, if you're serious with your online activity.

•••
If you care for your data then say no to lifetime hosting.

•••
•••
It's more about providers' responsibility to your data, then about having an experience..

•••
From their FAQS'

Q: Can I change my domain name?

A: Ah, you found a catch. No, you may not. Your service is tied to your domain name, so if you want to change it you’ll have to purchase a new Lifetime Host plan. Sorry about that.

•••
•••
Sounds a bit complicated :)
Better just try to find a good, reliable hosting provider with cheap hosting plans and money back guarantee in the offers section, to get what you want without a hassle ;)

From their FAQS'

Q: Can I change my domain name?

A: Ah, you found a catch. No, you may not. Your service is tied to your domain name, so if you want to change it you’ll have to purchase a new Lifetime Host plan. Sorry about that.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back