IT.COM

Lesson Number 1: Spell Check

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jelani Abdus-Salaam

puryr.comEstablished Member
Impact
So, I'm not sure how many of you subscribe to Ali's blog, but I am. He emailed out a few domains he believed were undervalued on GoDaddy's Auction site. I quickly logged in and went to purchase one of them, however, GoDaddy glitched on me and told me to pick a domain name, which I had done. But since I was in a rush and GoDaddy continued to ask me to pick a domain, even though the one I wanted to purchase was selected, I clicked and without reading, clicked the wrong domain name.

I bought undergears.co instead of undergear.co :/ A rookie mistake, since the plural makes absolutely no sense.

So lesson learned, even in a rush, SPELL CHECK and make sure you don't buy something you never intended to buy. I just hope someone comes along and buys it for cheap just so I can make my money back.

Anyway, hope you all are having success with your investments! Cheers!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you purchased it today you can call the register and ask for a grace delete.
Or exchange it to the singular version.

•••
If you purchased it today you can call the register and ask for a grace delete.
Or exchange it to the singular version.
would I get my money back?

•••
•••
•••
•••
they have a few day refund policy. I think 5 days.

•••
they have a few day refund policy. I think 5 days.
Thats awesome to know for the future. Their support was really awesome. I use to deal with them a few years back and it was awful! They really stepped their game up

•••
you can contact their email [email protected] and told them you made a mistake.

Get your money back.
I don't see any value on undergear.co even .net

•••
Not all extensions have same refund time frames, lucky dot co is a 5 dayer.

.co - 5 days (New Registrations/Renewals)

.io is an example of an extensive your are #$%^ out of luck

•••
you can contact their email auctions @ godaddy.com and told them you made a mistake.

Get your money back.
I don't see any value on Undergear. Co even.net

I got it back as a credit, really easy and quick!

•••
Not all extensions have same refund time frames, lucky dot co is a 5 dayer.

.co - 5 days (New Registrations/Renewals)
Sweet, good to know!

•••
the last time I check, they do not allow refund for auction domain. You are lucky !
godaddy.com/agreements/showdoc.aspx?pageid=19963&prog_id=PROG_ID

It says very clear that 5 days refund only for new registration. No refund for auction domain

•••
the last time I check, they do not allow refund for auction domain. You are lucky !

It says very clear that 5 days refund only for new registration. No refund for auction domain

Did you catch the "clicked the wrong domain name" part?

•••
This reminds of when I bought seqouia dot com & didn't check correct spelling. I thought I hit the jack pot. I paid $69 & may still not be a complete loss since I have seen it used as a personal name with this spelling. If I could get my personal name in dot com without paying a fortune, I'd jump on it.

I almost bought another expiring domain recently until I realized what I thought was an L was actually a 1.

•••
Make sure that if you actually get a refund that GoDaddy sends you an email saying you actually requested a refund. If not, you wont get the amount credited to your account.

The representative didn't do this so I actually never received the credit. I had to call back to sort this matter out -_-

•••
Does instict.com worth $xx.xxx right? :) It was a negative experience...

•••
So, I'm not sure how many of you subscribe to Ali's blog, but I am. He emailed out a few domains he believed were undervalued on GoDaddy's Auction site. I quickly logged in and went to purchase one of them, however, GoDaddy glitched on me and told me to pick a domain name, which I had done. But since I was in a rush and GoDaddy continued to ask me to pick a domain, even though the one I wanted to purchase was selected, I clicked and without reading, clicked the wrong domain name.

I bought undergears.co instead of undergear.co :/ A rookie mistake, since the plural makes absolutely no sense.

So lesson learned, even in a rush, SPELL CHECK and make sure you don't buy something you never intended to buy. I just hope someone comes along and buys it for cheap just so I can make my money back.

Anyway, hope you all are having success with your investments! Cheers!

and for me here comes estibot,
my best friend in order to prevent missspellings
or poor translations in to " english"

•••
•••
This reminds of when I bought seqouia dot com & didn't check correct spelling. I thought I hit the jack pot. I paid $69
the domain is taken since 18-apr-2000

•••
@Jelani Abdus-Salaam
So lesson learned, even in a rush, SPELL CHECK and make sure you don't buy something you never intended to buy. I
would say..
#1 learn to spell check
#2 know the ins and outs of your registrar ( refund policy etc)
#3 know registrar support phone number or how to contact them..

Glad things worked out.

Last edited:
•••
Back