Dynadot

Leased Domains with Epik? Your Experience?

NameSilo
Watch

CJ6

My favorite movies are too offensive now. Whimps.Top Member
Impact
I just started trying out Epik. Have you successfully leased any domains through them? If so, can you tell me how you priced your leasing options/buy now? How was the experience through Epik?
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
@robepik
I have a few questions regarding leasing domains at Epik.
What happens when someone decides to lease. Do they gain access to the domain through their dashboard?
Do they have access to change the nameservers (and contact info), or do they have to contact the domain owner for that?
Have you (Epik) had good success with leased domains?
What prices do you generally see that lease well?
Thanks!

•••
@robepik
I have a few questions regarding leasing domains at Epik.
What happens when someone decides to lease. Do they gain access to the domain through their dashboard?
Do they have access to change the nameservers (and contact info), or do they have to contact the domain owner for that?
Have you (Epik) had good success with leased domains?
What prices do you generally see that lease well?
Thanks!
FYI to all, I copied these questions and sent them to Epik support. Here is their response....

Thank you for your message. To answer your questions, Epik has had many customers who have had success in leasing their domains. We typically suggest the owner list the domain for 10% of whatever they would sell the domain for. So if you were to put a sale price of $1K on the domain then we would suggest you lease it for $100usd per a month. Now, that does not mean that someone will necessarily agree with that price but its a standard we go by/suggest. As for access/control of a leased domain. The lessee would be able to manage the domain from their Epik dashboard and yes they could edit the DNS/NS records, forwarding, however they would not be able to edit the whois information nor transfer it out of Epik.
If you have any further questions please respond to this ticket. Have a great day!

Thanks,
Jessica R.
Epik Support Team

Last edited:
•••
I just started trying out Epik. Have you successfully leased any domains through them?

Yes...it was seamless. My pricing for lease is low...about one to two percent what I would sell for at full retail. The trick is not to lease for too long in the event a buyer comes along.

I offer the lease option to someone who does not want to pay my asking price. It is promoted as a 'tasting' period to them...if it works well for them, then they can justify the cost. If they let it go and stop leasing, no problem as I have made money to renew the name and more.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back