IT.COM

Lead generation - Need help

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hey guys,
I have one .com that is the category killer in some small niche. I want to develop it in a lead generation site. As I don't have any expirience in it I have some questions.
Let's say I have table.com and want to work 15 table manufacturers.
I want to build the site, to put some unique content regarding this field and to sell the products of these mentioned manufacturers using their images and discriptions. I want to take from them some % if I will sell their products.
As I understand there are 2 possible techniques how to do it:
1. To take the orders and then redirect them to the manufacturer.
2. To redirect orders to the manufacturer in the moment of putting the order.
Now the question: hot technically I can do this? I mean how to track orders in the variant 2?
How high % should I ask?
Or maybe there are better solutions?

Something about the product value: $100-$400 per item.

Thanks, Nick

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yo!

Have an urgent question.

Look. I found a supplier of one particular product and he wants to work with me. I offered them the scheme below:
- i will use their images descriptions etc. and other info on my site
- i will take orders from clients and will redirect (send) them to the manufacturer
- after order will be finished the manufacturer will pay me agreed %.

But how to make it?
I have a company where this product is manufactured and sells mainly. I have address, phone. But I have some questions that I don't have answers:
1. When order will be send to the manufacturer by me, the customer will need to pay for the product to manufacturer. I already see a problem cause I think it will be strange for the customer to place an order on one site (mine) and than pay through the other site to other company (manufacturer). How to fix all this?

2. Manufacturer sells his products through his website. My prices will be the same. Why the buyer will prefer my site over manufacturer's?

3. Should I clearly say on my site that I'm... who? Reseller? Distributor? But if my prices are the same, and the manufacturer's website is more legitimate (for sure) - what should I do not to lose the client?

Thanks in advance.

•••
Yo!

Have an urgent question.

Look. I found a supplier of one particular product and he wants to work with me. I offered them the scheme below:
- i will use their images descriptions etc. and other info on my site
- i will take orders from clients and will redirect (send) them to the manufacturer
- after order will be finished the manufacturer will pay me agreed %.

But how to make it?
I have a company where this product is manufactured and sells mainly. I have address, phone. But I have some questions that I don't have answers:
1. When order will be send to the manufacturer by me, the customer will need to pay for the product to manufacturer. I already see a problem cause I think it will be strange for the customer to place an order on one site (mine) and than pay through the other site to other company (manufacturer). How to fix all this?

2. Manufacturer sells his products through his website. My prices will be the same. Why the buyer will prefer my site over manufacturer's?

3. Should I clearly say on my site that I'm... who? Reseller? Distributor? But if my prices are the same, and the manufacturer's website is more legitimate (for sure) - what should I do not to lose the client?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

You can easily set up a WP site with a WooC "Multi Vendor" ECommerce or other MV shopping cart. Make a deal with the "vendor/manufacturer" to resell his products on your site if he will ship to the customer (otherwise known as drop shipping) and YOUR shopping cart will automatically deduct your percentage and then you send payment to the "vendor/manufacturer" when the order ships or is delivered (depending on your agreement).

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Regards,

WPM

•••
Hey guys,
I have one .com that is the category killer in some small niche. I want to develop it in a lead generation site. As I don't have any expirience in it I have some questions.
Let's say I have table.com and want to work 15 table manufacturers.
I want to build the site, to put some unique content regarding this field and to sell the products of these mentioned manufacturers using their images and discriptions. I want to take from them some % if I will sell their products.
As I understand there are 2 possible techniques how to do it:
1. To take the orders and then redirect them to the manufacturer.
2. To redirect orders to the manufacturer in the moment of putting the order.
Now the question: hot technically I can do this? I mean how to track orders in the variant 2?
How high % should I ask?
Or maybe there are better solutions?

Something about the product value: $100-$400 per item.

Thanks, Nick

Build a informational and review site on the niche, and sell advertising to the manufacturers at monthly rates and take the "steady" money.

Some niche category killers can charge hundreds to thousands of dollars a month depending on the search and PPC numbers.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Regards,

WPM

•••
It looks like you're jumping in the deep end of lead generation. Try working with some affiliate networks first and they might help you set up with their existing merchant programmes.

Once you got some experience under your belt then you can try working with a merchant directly.

Good luck.

•••
It looks like you're jumping in the deep end of lead generation. Try working with some affiliate networks first and they might help you set up with their existing merchant programmes.

Once you got some experience under your belt then you can try working with a merchant directly.

Good luck.

No disrespect to your comment... but,

IMHO: There is no "DEEP END" to lead generation. You either do it right the first time or you don't. Affiliate links are worthless "in general" unless the niche is something super special and rare with high payouts.

But I can understand where you are coming from in your advice considering the experience level of the OP. His money would be well spent doing it right though, and, include some affiliate ads. ;)

Regards,

WPM

•••
You misunderstand what I was referring to. Having a merchant set up with an affiliate network means they will already have the backend technical aspects implemented. Then as an affiliate you just need pick which method of delivery e.g. affiliate links/post leads/iframe. This is alot easier than going to a new merchant and build a logistic backend from scratch.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back