IT.COM

advice Landing page or parked w/ for sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ang

Upgraded Member
Impact
Have about 150 domains, some great, some not. 50/50 mix of .ca and .com.

All are parked, currently in optimization phase with Above and most receiving around 15-30 uniques per month.

All are listed at Sedo, Afternic & Flippa.

So... my question is do I continue with the direction I am going OR do I change to for sale landing pages with Efty OR some different strategy.

Advice & opinions please.
Ang

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Run them for 1-3 months
Look at earnings
Keep any parked that make enough parking income to justify being parked
Non earners or minimal earners flip to sales pages
Personally I have around 450 on sales pages as parking income has never been my thing as always made more from domain sales but worth a test to make sure ya don't put a sales page on something that could be bringing in good parking income
Usually majority of parking income comes from just a few names unless you've specifically built a portfolio based on parking earning acquisitions

Last edited:
•••
Very good advice, thank you.

My main problem is patience... I have none :)

•••
Very good advice, thank you.

My main problem is patience... I have none :)

Join the club, can't tell ya the number of times in the past before Above came around where I was manually testing parking companies a month each and those tests turned into 1-2 weeks each instead of a month. :laugh:

•••
Yup... patience is my biggest downfall for sure. That and my addiction to buying/regging haha

•••
Think this depends on the domain really. Not every situation fits every domain itself.

•••
Have about 150 domains, some great, some not. 50/50 mix of .ca and .com.

All are parked, currently in optimization phase with Above and most receiving around 15-30 uniques per month.

So... my question is do I continue with the direction I am going OR do I change to for sale landing pages with Efty OR some different strategy.

Advice & opinions please.
Ang

what optimization?

if you have only sedo as parking company

•••
•••
I do not park anything with Sedo... not sure where you got that from.

•••
Yes, they are listed for sale at Sedo as I indicated. I did not specify the parking services I am currently optimizing with Above.

But I digress, feedback on my original post is appreciated.

•••
Parking doesn't matter for sales at all... only quality of domains...
I park with Bodis and ParkingCrew - and I don't see any difference in terms of offers...

•••
Try a few names with our platform Toughdomains.com you can test 20 names for free forever.
We offer a hosted content page that increases revenue from traditional parked domains. Most customers with 200 names go from $2 to $3 per month with parked pages to $18 to $25 with our hosted pages.

You need to have an adsense account and we offer a free offer form and take no commision.
We also provide you referrals and stats on your domains and give you a portfolio link for up to 5 portfolios.

We keep all your offers in our system and show you the geo location location of the person who made the offer on your names.

Last edited:
•••
Parking doesn't matter for sales at all... only quality of domains...
I park with Bodis and ParkingCrew - and I don't see any difference in terms of offers...

I forgot the parking company but one company has a offer ribbon on the page that they claim increases response rate of offers by 30% (compared to a link that says "this domain may be for sale" at the top)
voodoo provides the ip address and location of the person making the offer which is very useful.
So the offer page that the parking company uses could have an effect on the response rate and info provided to you so the offer page provider could influence sales.

•••
ParkingCrew has such ribbon also.

•••
But those ribbons can significantly reduce your CTR... if monetization is important for you.

•••
I havent seen any data on ribbons reducing CTR. is that online or from your own experience?
Ultimately if you have the ribbon you want to sell or lease the name and if there are 30% more offers to the name a sale of the name would be better than the pennies you get from parking page. Not saying parking is bad in some cases parking revenue did exceed a hosted content page in adsense in our tests. But in general we saw a significant increase in revenue per domain (ten fold in some cases) when we connected a content page with ads on it vs parking link. At the end of the day you need to use a system what will show you traffic to the domain ( our system provides full referral and country info of each name as do most parking companies) Then you need to test different platforms to see which will generate the most revenue and the most offers to your name with the least commission fee. Most parking companies dont take a % of the sale however they also dont integrate with buying platforms such as escrow.com or promise pay.

The more closely the content is matched to the domain the better the ads and better the ad rev per domain.
For example we have a domain purpleitems.com/ and found a site that sells purple items and included that content on the domain which increases the relevancy of the domain a user clicking on that name.

•••
Can you send me samples so I can review. If you can PM me a few sites of yours that would be appreciated.

•••
Try a few names with our platform Toughdomains.com you can test 20 names for free forever.
We offer a hosted content page that increases revenue from traditional parked domains. Most customers with 200 names go from $2 to $3 per month with parked pages to $18 to $25 with our hosted pages.

You need to have an adsense account and we offer a free offer form and take no commision.
We also provide you referrals and stats on your domains and give you a portfolio link for up to 5 portfolios.

We keep all your offers in our system and show you the geo location location of the person who made the offer on your names.

have any sample domains we could checkout to see what those parked content pages look like?

•••
Back