IT.COM

discuss Lab Grown Food Domain Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

In today's news, the first lab-grown hamburger was consumed.

CNN is also covering this story.

It looks as though lab food is in our future (yum!).

I regged LabGrownFood.com two years ago after reading a New Yorker article on the research being done with creating food in the petri dish.

According to the article, meat isn't the only food to be grown synthetically, which is why I regged my domain. (I think this is my only "Lab food" domain I have.)

Anyone else holding any of these types of domains?

B-)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's interesting. Synthetic meat could be a solution for the constraints we may face in the future due to population growth. Also less land and water would be required for the same output of meat.

The article says that at the moment, it's high cost and low volume. If they can switch that around, it could prove to be an alternative to having livestock. Especially in poorer countries where malnutrition is a serious issue. Meat provides Iron, and other nutrients which prevents anemia.

•••
growyourmeat.com is available to register

;)

serve two markets

imo...

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

It's interesting. Synthetic meat could be a solution for the constraints we may face in the future due to population growth.

:talk:

be very careful here, as this is part of population control's agenda

once you can make synthetic meat... then you can make synthetic children.

as opposite attraction dies, immorality takes over the world and procreation becomes a thing of the past.

puff, puff....snort

imo....

•••
I wonder if Vegans/Vegetarians would be persuaded to eat Synthetic Meat?

•••
I wonder if Vegans/Vegetarians would be persuaded to eat Synthetic Meat?

This is definitely a good question.

The purists, probably not -- the stem cells needed come from animals, although those animals aren't killed (I'm supposing here).

Those who go vegetarian for health reasons might be willing to embrace this meat because of its non-fat qualities.

It all depends how it tastes and possible side effects.

BTW, the burger sample today (8/5/2013) got mixed reviews and cost over $300,000 to produce, so I'm guessing you won't be finding it anytime soon in your local grocery store.

:D

Last edited:
•••
So what happened to the "Organic" niche domains craze? Any luck?

•••

be very careful here, as this is part of population control's agenda

once you can make synthetic meat... then you can make synthetic children.

as opposite attraction dies, immorality takes over the world and procreation becomes a thing of the past.

puff, puff....snort

imo....

As far as synthetic meat goes, I'd personally never consume it.
There's people whoprefer fresh meat. I'm one of them.
Some settle for frozen- I just can't eat this.
Then some eat processed meats: sausages, burgers, etc... I don't eat this either.
Canned food? Meat or veggies. NEVER EVER! It's poisonous.

Chickens that are fed "fish meal" and junk- I don't eat.

I pay a bit more for the real and fresh products. Same with eggs, and other products, etc. So then I am eating less, but quality foods. Then you get some folk who want the cheaper product, more food and lower quality. E.g. some may prefer 2 kgs of GM potatoes, vs 1kg of non modified potatoes.

Vegetables I buy I ensure are not genetically modified.

Tampering with food can cause serious health issues. Exposure to it even a few times can be detrimental to health. I came across some strange stories over the years.

But-knowing people, they will go for the cheaper product. Look at how many people eat McDs? KFC? Eat canned veggies/meats? GM Foods?

That is not real food. People know this, but they still eat it because it's a quick or cheaper fix for their hunger if they are at out or at work. It could be the case that they don't have a choice.

But I don't think the bulk of people are going care as much as you or I. If they can't afford food as it is, they will think of their pocket, and will miss the agenda completely!

GM veggies can also cause impotency and other conditions.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, but what about the internet domains ??????

•••
Personally I'd rather eat worms. This stuff reminds me of...
DDT.jpg

•••
I expect that a brand will dominate this market one day, like Quorn. It will need to incorporate meat with some sort of vegan/humane aspect. Or perhaps the new/nu/modern/tech aspects.

HappyFlesh.com << something in that direction, but certainly not that one!

NewMeat.com
FutureRump.com

I doubt it will come in different "cuts" so the name could be describing the shape and texture.

MagicMince.com

•••
everyone thing is modified these days, from corn and plants that are resistant to bugs and dieses - to cloned animals... they can even print synthetic body parts on 3D printers now.

•••
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zAFA-hamZ0"]''Soylent Green Is People'' - YouTube[/ame]

D-:

•••
•••
•••

last nite wgntv showed clips of the labburger cooking in the skillet

available to register:

laboratoryburgers.com

manmademeatcompany.com

petridishrecipes.com

imo....

•••
•••
Yes, but what about the internet domains ??????

I think internet domains in this niche will be huge-of course.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUaKcFI4BZY"]Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - trailer #1 - YouTube[/ame]

•••
Great Thread!
Available for brave souls:
TestTubeTurkey.com
BionicBeef.com
SyntheticSteak.com
LabLamb.com (also LaboratoryLamb.com)
Fauxfurters.com

Have to admit I regged FrankenSalmon which has been around for a while. :lol:

•••
Still not a big thing on the public agenda - I feel it should be, really. Not a fan of the idea of eating ''lab grown food'' myself, but as this option gets cheaper and cheaper and researchers manage to improve looks and taste, this can definitely become the meat of the future.

•••
I”vet had this one for years...and might be keeping it for many more to come....

3DPrintedMeat

.com

•••
I've got the following about "Lab food" subject.
But I've always had a doubt, what "fake food" exactly means ? I'm not sure it is related to real (or Lab) food.

360synth(com)
buyfakefood(com)
buyfakemeat(com)
buysyntfood(com)
buysynthfood(com)
cleanmeatonline(com)
eatfakefood(com)
eatfakemeat(com)
eatsyntfood(com)
eatsynthfood(com)
fakebbq(com)
fakefoodguide(com)
fakefoodshop(com)
fakegrill(com)
fakemeatonline(com)
fakemeatrecipe(com)
fakemeatshop(com)
fastfakefood(com)
fastsynthfood(com)
itsynth(com)
justsynth(com)
myfakefood(com)
mysyntfood(com)
mysynthfood(com)
streetfakefood(com)
streetsynthfood(com)
syntbbq(com)
syntbeef(com)
syntburger(com)
syntburgher(com)
syntdrink(com)
syntegg(com)
syntfood(com)
syntfoodshop(com)
synth360(com)
synthbbq(com)
synthbeef(com)
synthburger(com)
synthburgher(com)
syntheticbbq(com)
synthfoodguide(com)
synthfoodonline(com)
synthfoodshop(com)
syntmeat(com)
syntsteak(com)
yesynth(com)

•••
•••
Bloody awful hard enough as it is to have good tasting mince meat imagine worst meat frozen flavor. Sure they can make a burger for 10k now and eventually it will be 10c but i can't imagine fake zombie meat tasting any good.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back