question kijli.com brandable or not ??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

candy16

Established Member
Impact
if yes where would it sell and for how much approx

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
IMO very hard to pronounce or spell if heard if English is target language. Very unlikely any business would choose a name like this. Makes for a poor brandable, probably only worth reg-fee. But again, this is just my opinion.

•••
Also it would seem way too close to Kijiji.com for my comfort... That's owned by eBay who are very pro-active in monitoring their trademark names, and they have multiple TMs for Kijiji.

•••
Also it would seem way too close to Kijiji.com for my comfort... That's owned by eBay who are very pro-active in monitoring their trademark names, and they have multiple TMs for Kijiji.
thanks for info

•••
@canswift Kijiji.com/ca is owned by Ebay? i didn't know that.

I don't know what ebay marketing staff were thinking when they chose Kijiji name.

I thought it was some individual that created the website for fun and it went viral in Canada but now i know it was ebay and i'm shocked it's just a awful name to type (but it is catchy and easy to remember).

When i first heard about Kijiji was from my Canadian friend he sells a lot of stuff there he said to check it out, when i went home i tried to type it in just like he said and couldn't find the site (and i tried a couple of variations), tried to search for it on google and even then it was hard to find it.

But one thing is certain it's a very well known website in Canada.

•••
@canswift Kijiji.com/ca is owned by Ebay? i didn't know that.

I don't know what ebay marketing staff were thinking when they chose Kijiji name.

I thought it was some individual that created the website for fun and it went viral in Canada but now i know it was ebay and i'm shocked it's just a awful name to type (but it is catchy and easy to remember).

When i first heard about Kijiji was from my Canadian friend he sells a lot of stuff there he said to check it out, when i went home i tried to type it in just like he said and couldn't find the site (and i tried a couple of variations), tried to search for it on google and even then it was hard to find it.

But one thing is certain it's a very well known website in Canada.
so what about kijli ?

•••
@candy16 kijli is even worst then kijiiji.

It's easier to write kijli but it's still confusing and it isn't even remotely close to the brandability of kijiiji i mean just say the 2 out loud and you will se kijiiji is easy to remember, catchy and just funny to say where kijli don't have this features.

Also like mention by canswift eBay highly protects their brands you would get sued at the speed of light and its hard to defend because you got to notice kijli is very similar to kijiiji

•••
@candy16 kijli is even worst then kijiiji.

It's easier to write kijli but it's still confusing and it isn't even remotely close to the brandability of kijiiji i mean just say the 2 out loud and you will se kijiiji is easy to remember, catchy and just funny to say where kijli don't have this features.

Also like mention by canswift eBay highly protects their brands you would get sued at the speed of light and its hard to defend because you got to notice kijli is very similar to kijiiji
so what

it does not mean that kijli is their's to own

•••
You asked "so what about kijli ?"

I was just giving my opinion.

I'm not stating that eBay is going to sue you or that they would win.

Im just saying that there is a probability of that happening because of that and other reasons it might be a concerne and turn off for potential buyers.

But this is just my opinion you might even sell this domain for xxxx$ range to the right enduser without any problem.

Only time will tell.

Hope you do sell it :xf.smile:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back