Dynadot

.online Keep the faith - I just sold FindMe.online for $7,500

NameSilo
Watch
Not too shabby! Left money on the table here, but happy with the sale, none the less!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow, that's great, and inspiring, too! I can't wait to get my first sale. You did a really nice job with the name; it's memorable, direct, and obviously, something that someone would like to use. What inspires you when it comes to picking names for your domains?

•••
Wow, that's great, and inspiring, too! I can't wait to get my first sale. You did a really nice job with the name; it's memorable, direct, and obviously, something that someone would like to use. What inspires you when it comes to picking names for your domains?
Like anything, there are plenty of contributing factors. Historical sales, branding potential, memorability, etc. Additionally, one can consider the value in more concrete terms via CPC (Cost-Per-Click) and type-in traffic. Moreover, some people specialize within specific niches.

At the end of the day, while some of it can be predicted with statistical support, much of determining a domain's value comes down to intuition and experience, too.

If you want to read more, I go into a bit more depth here: https://www.availdomains.com/value-domain/

Stick with it, learn as much as you can, and you'll surely get a better feel for it.

Last edited:
•••
Had a potential buyer with pockets nibbling for a while and was obviously very interested, but with small price increases during negotiation on another platform. Like many domainers, I spent the last couple weekends assigning fixed prices to names listed at Afternic to shake things up. Three days later, this one sold there. I agree with many of the comments here that it was a win win for buyer and seller. I indicated I thought I left money on the table, only because of those negotiations. I was asking for low $XX,XXX and think the name is worth that. If Berkins had sold this name for $25K, nobody would blink an eye. Just sayin! Like you guys, I'm curious to see who the buyer is and if it is the same potential buyer I was dealing with.

Anyway, I still have BuyPot.online and PlaceBets.online, so I've got some marketing to do now that I have a good comp!

please tell me more about the price tweaks

•••
well the reason I asked is because I am not aware this is high quality domain

which must mean I am in the 10% of domainers.

I may be missing something, and I do not prentend to know everything abotu every extension under the sun.. but I'd not pay more than $200 for this domain.

i find it unbelievable that 90% of domainers would pay 3.5k for it. but I am sure you know more than me.

totaly agree

•••
Win Win for both the buyer and seller.

•••
congrats!! Great sale and price!!!

I took your post / sale this into consideration today which helped me in my choice to pick up.

Order*Groceries*(dot) Online (Now that walmart is stepping up to Amazon)

Again congrats! Thanks for the inspiring share.

•••
Congratulations!, great price for a great domain.

•••
Like anything, there are plenty of contributing factors. Historical sales, branding potential, memorability, etc. Additionally, one can consider the value in more concrete terms via CPC (Cost-Per-Click) and type-in traffic. Moreover, some people specialize within specific niches.

At the end of the day, while some of it can be predicted with statistical support, much of determining a domain's value comes down to intuition and experience, too.

If you want to read more, I go into a bit more depth here: https://www.availdomains.com/value-domain/

Stick with it, learn as much as you can, and you'll surely get a better feel for it.

Thank you so much for giving such a detailed answer! It seems like it would be easiest to specialize within a specific niche, but would that have the potential to be too limiting? Ha, I'm going to have to work on my intuition and experience - it seems like the two would go hand in hand. Thank you for providing that link. I'm excited to learn more.

•••
@vinsdomains.com

Congratulations on the sale.

Follow up question: If you felt the name was worth $xx,xxx why did you set the BIN price at only $7,500? In our view, the BIN price should be what you think the domain name is worth to the end user with the highest and best use. Then you wait for that end user to show up and pay the BIN price because they just gotta have it.

Only if cash flow was a challenge for us would we lower our BIN price to attract buyers with less than highest and best use. Assuming that cash flow was not a problem for you, did you have another rationale for pricing the domain name lower than what you felt it was worth?

Given that we do not understand the value of new gTLDs, we would not have even hand regged this domain name for $20. Congratulations on having insights into value that we do not see here. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back