Dynadot

.com Just SOLD CryptoCorp .com for $16.5k

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Held it since 2000. Maybe sold it too early, but good luck to the new owner.

Still pretty happy with the sale after hand registering it years ago. :xf.smile:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Awesome sale dude, congrats!

Nice long hold, great domain too.

Seller was happy with the price, buyer was happy with the price. Mutually beneficial deal..everyone was happy.

•••
Congratulations on a done deal, @MR PACKER!

Nice ROI after holding for 18 years. (y)

•••
•••
•••
Great sale!
Lesson: If you have a good name, ignore the usual $100-500 budget on 'Domain Buyer Requests' :xf.grin:

•••
(y)Good one, Congratuations...!!!

•••
Nice one, congrats.
It probably cost a lot of nerves to hold it until now.

•••
Congratulations.

Great sale. Great price.

•••
Congratuations! Crypto domains is still hot am I right or right? :xf.grin:

•••
Great sale and foresight!

•••
Held it since 2000.
Hats off to you, particularly in holding on to something thats was years ahead of becoming a thing.

Curious though, methinks in 2000 no one really had an inkling of bitcoin/crypto/blockchain future. You have to think, blockchain.com wasnt regg'ed until 2011, bitcoin.com wasn't regg'ed until 2008. Tells me you were thinking something completely different with CryptoCorp...something along the lines of its real intended meaning, cryptography, but not in the financial transaction sense?

So this really is amazing, how the keyword stayed true to its origin, yet morphed into the wildly popular "digital money" term its associated with today.

•••
This is the 3rd highest keyword + “Corp” sale ever reported, and THE highest since 2013.

Tough for anyone to say it was undersold IMO.

•••
Hats off to you, particularly in holding on to something thats was years ahead of becoming a thing.

Curious though, methinks in 2000 no one really had an inkling of bitcoin/crypto/blockchain future. You have to think, blockchain.com wasnt regg'ed until 2011, bitcoin.com wasn't regg'ed until 2008. Tells me you were thinking something completely different with CryptoCorp...something along the lines of its real intended meaning, cryptography, but not in the financial transaction sense?

So this really is amazing, how the keyword stayed true to its origin, yet morphed into the wildly popular "digital money" term its associated with today.

Yes exactly, my thinking at the time was purely along the lines of Cryptography. And I just held onto it and didn't even think about it much until I started getting offers for it a few years ago. I am pretty sure I could have got more in the future, but, then again, who knows? (y)

I did the same with a lot of stemcell names too, as I thought stemcells may be a huge thing in the future too.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I personally feel good when i look this type of thread. Many congratulation.

•••
nice sale and nice forecasting in 2000 :) when people were fearing the ‘00 bug , others were into ‘crypto’ ;)

may i ask people if i should sell CryptoAssetexchange(.)com for 245 usd ? some guys are proposing this price :) ? or i have to hodl ?

•••
nice sale and nice forecasting in 2000 :) when people were fearing the ‘00 bug , others were into ‘crypto’ ;)

may i ask people if i should sell CryptoAssetexchange(.)com for 245 usd ? some guys are proposing this price :) ? or i have to hodl ?
I would sell now. Good luck!

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Tough for anyone to say it was undersold IMO.

Little bid undersold, especially it's 18 years aged domain. But we should not too greedy and run with the money instead LOL

•••
Wow, respect for such a long hold! And for your vision of course. Who would think back in 2000 such a name would have any sense, let alone such value... Congrats!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back