Dynadot

sales Just made my first 6-figure sale! (.xyz)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mjc

Established Member
Impact
After lurking on NamePros for the past ~4 years... I've finally made a sale that I'm extremely proud of.

I purchased this seven-letter-keyword .xyz back in the summer of 2019 for ~$300 with the intentions of developing it into a social-network-style website. Hard to believe I was a freshman in college. Fast forward 4 years, and for the past couple months I've been getting tons of offers for it on DAN.com. After doing a little background check on one of the more serious offers I received, I find that this person is a majority owner of a content creator subscription service. They threw a solid offer to begin with, but I politely declined. After waiting a month, I sent one last message saying that I'm still open offers (just higher ones, lol).

No less than 2 hours later, they offered $50,000. I contemplated using the brokerage service that is integrated with DAN.com, but I opted to negotiate myself because the 20% brokerage fee on top of DAN.com's 9% transaction fee seems absolutely absurd. I counter with $150,000, and we go back-n-fourth a few times before basically settling in the middle of where we started. Yesterday, it was the 5th highest .xyz sale according to NameBio.com, but I see that Swetha has done it again with the sale of wrap.xyz... so now my sale is the 6th highest .xyz sale. ;)

I'm unsure about the etiquette of revealing the buyer, domain name, and the exact sale price... but if it's appropriate, I'm happy to share the details.

I'd like to say thanks to the NamPros community for teaching me over the past 4 years, and also to @DNGear for showing everyone the true value of .xyz domain names.

- mjc

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Congratulations on your fantastic sale @mjc

•••
Please let me know if you think this was a waste of $300 ;)
We need to appreciate your determination to hold this name for 3 years despite that fact that you had doubted that this $300 was a waste!
Patience Pays, always.

•••
•••
Nice sale, last year I was the top seller of xyz then swetha beat me, I am holding Garage.xyz and hope this domain if it sell then again I am the top seller for xyz, it’s good we are competing each other in a good faith,

yea dream on.. swetha always was and will be top xyz seller... or do u got 20k 1word domains too? if so.. which language? bahhaha

•••
yea dream on.. swetha always was and will be top xyz seller... or do u got 20k 1word domains too? if so.. which language? bahhaha
I guess he meant 1 domain top sales.

•••
•••
•••
Congrats! Definitely report to Namebio, that's the source for .xyz's monthly domain sales reports on their blog

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Especially amazing when you consider that the .com, .co, and .io are all actively listed for sale. The .io can be had for $18K.

•••
•••
Wow! Congrats ! I wish you and myself more sales.

•••
I've got parknft in xyz. Appraisal?

•••
Congrats, I would've just taken the $50k

I am curious about the name of the domain, I do not personally care about who the buyer is or final price :D

•••
Congrats, I would've just taken the $50k

I am curious about the name of the domain, I do not personally care about who the buyer is or final price :D
The OP revealed it later on in the thread. It was "profile".

•••
•••
Especially amazing when you consider that the .com, .co, and .io are all actively listed for sale. The .io can be had for $18K.
Now that is interesting

•••
•••
•••
I cant believe people.downvote when I say its dumb to.buy xyz for 100k when io etc is.at 18k... and at same time everyone here would buy at 18k

what was that word again...hypocrites?

•••
Back