IT.COM

parody Just Brokered a One-Word Brandable - 2 Million

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ja Kai

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Catchy Title - But, who cares unless I divulge the name.

I think people should post their successes, but in doing so should provide provenance of the event.

If you're going to brag - BRAG ABOUT SOMETHING. Not just a two-word brandable.

So, please take the knowledge of me selling a one-word brandable for 2 Million, and see how that helps you accomplish anything meaningful.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congratulations! You should certainly divulge the name. I am very curious...as many others probably are. :xf.grin:

•••
•••

I think people should post their successes, but in doing so should provide provenance of the event.

So, please take the knowledge of me selling a one-word brandable for 2 Million, and see how that helps you accomplish anything meaningful.

Elegant.

I would be happy about you reporting a sale. Even if you can't disclose the name.
I like your effort though for posting this. 15 minutes well spent there mate.

•••

Can you disclose some of the "knowledge" that you mentioned. Maybe I missed something, but all I got from your statement was just a mention of your sale..

•••
•••

Certainly a fair point and I agree with your point about it not really being helpful, but sales in the 6 figures or more range are often also part of a non-disclosure agreement with the purchaser. Probably best to simply keep quiet about past large sales. You never know who or what might be looking.

•••
2 Million what, Miss Columbo? :xf.love:

•••

So... Did you sell it (bold) or broker it (title)? You may want to edit that or ask the mods to do so for clarity :)

•••
It depends if an NDA is in place, then you can't.

•••
This is obviously parody from a post earlier today.

I do have to say I have sold a lot of domains over the years, and the amount of NDA I have signed is very few. It does seem like people with unverified sales seem to have a disproportionate amount of them.

Brad

•••
I'm glad you Shot for the Moon (insert link to thread)

•••
2 million USD?
Or
2 million RMB?
Or perhaps Pesos? Or Rupees?😁

Edit:
I had two friends.
1 spent 2 million on a Bugatti.
Thee other on Bat Guano.

Which one do you think gets the "ladies"? 😁

Details do matter in the end.

Last edited:
•••
This is obviously parody from a post earlier today.

I do have to say I have sold a lot of domains over the years, and the amount of NDA I have signed is very few. It does seem like people with unverified sales seem to have a disproportionate amount of them.

Brad

I always post the actual sales slip from Dan, Afternic, Sedo and ect, for just that very reason if I am divulging a sale I make publicly here. If I am not willing to do that, I don’t post a sale here in the “Name sales” forum, which is 99% of the time, the only reason I post a sale every now and then is to contribute to that forum, as far as talking about making a sale, I don’t have any interest or time to post or discuss any of that stuff. I would rather cut up in the forums and relax lol.

Last edited:
•••
I always post the actual sales slip from Dan, Afternic, Sedo and ect, for just that very reason if I am divulging a sale I made publicly here. If I am not willing to do that, I don’t post a sale here in the “Name sales” forum, which is 99% of the time, the only reason I post a sale every now and then is to contribute to that forum, as far as talking about making a sale, I don’t have any interest or time to post or discuss any of that stuff. I would rather cut up in the forums and relax lol.

I only did it once to gain exposure. I doubt I'll ever do it again unless it's high five figures

•••
I only did it once to gain exposure. I doubt I'll ever do it again unless it's high five figures

Any sale over $1000 is forbidden fruit for me to post any where, I once disclosed a $2,200 sale back in 2010 I think it was, the buyer was livid with me, but even if it is a $100 sale and the buyer asks for non disclosure, I will abide by the buyers request.

I look at it like my day job, if I disclosed every guitar i built and for whom , I most likely wouldn’t be in business today, I feel the same way with domains the majority of the time, plus, I don’t come here to NamePros to do business, I don’t sell to resellers, I come here to kick it and relax. Lol

Last edited:
•••
Funny.......I mean if you hired a broker to do a job, how would you feel if said broker told the world he had closed the deal for xxx.xxx I know the name has not been mentioned, the "NDA", "Verbal Agreement" or whatever the hell it is has been stuck to in principal but it would make me think twice before using them again.

It's good he closed a deal for that size and I congratulated him, but some things are best left behind closed doors...Earn your commission and move on to the next one

I report my sales (for what there worth!) as I am new and would like to earn a smidgen of credibility, this includes the name, price, date and venue..won't be forever, but long enough to get some xxxx ones reported (eventually) If I ever did a deal like this no one would ever hear about it, except the wife.....

•••
@Ja Kai Don’t take offense to this, I am not inspired by anyone, the reasoning? You live long enough, you figure out that being inspired by someone does not pay one bill you have, and the person or persons that so inspire you aren’t going to pay $1 towards your monthly bills due. Words of wisdom, inspire yourself, , and keep inspiring yourself , because at that end of every day, you are the only one that is going to pay your bills and pave way for opportunities in this life time.

•••
Any sale over $1000 is forbidden fruit for me to post any where, I once disclosed a $2,200 sale back in 2010 I think it was, the buyer was livid with me, but even if it is a $100 sale and the buyer asks for non disclosure, I will abide by the buyers request.

I look at it like my day job, if I disclosed every guitar i built and for whom , I most likely wouldn’t be in business today, I feel the same way with domains the majority of the time, plus, I don’t come here to NamePros to do business, I don’t sell to resellers, I come here to kick it and relax. Lol

Same here. But isn't that "unprofessional" as I've been accused of numerous times on here? Lol

This is why I'm turning a new "leaf" with my recent post. Lol

But anyways. If OP did make a $2 MILLION DOLLAR sale then YAHOO!

That's 100,000 dances or 50,000 for each lap! Haha

•••
Same here. But isn't that "unprofessional" as I've been accused of numerous times on here? Lol

This is why I'm turning a new "leaf" with my recent post. Lol

But anyways. If OP did make a $2 MILLION DOLLAR sale then YAHOO!

That's 100,000 dances or 50,000 for each lap! Haha

well, if it is unprofessional, then I am very unprofessional 😂 , but i am kind of an original “Black Sheep” around here any how, I start shit , cuss to much and cut up more than some would like I think , I don’t speak on a politically correct status quo so to speak so I have heard through the years 😂

it takes all kinds to make the world

•••
Funny.......I mean if you hired a broker to do a job, how would you feel if said broker told the world he had closed the deal for xxx.xxx I know the name has not been mentioned, the "NDA", "Verbal Agreement" or whatever the hell it is has been stuck to in principal but it would make me think twice before using them again.

It's good he closed a deal for that size and I congratulated him, but some things are best left behind closed doors...Earn your commission and move on to the next one

I report my sales (for what there worth!) as I am new and would like to earn a smidgen of credibility, this includes the name, price, date and venue..won't be forever, but long enough to get some xxxx ones reported (eventually) If I ever did a deal like this no one would ever hear about it, except the wife.....
If I had a 100k sale, believe me, the wife would be the last to know 😂

•••
If I had a 100k sale, believe me, the wife would be the last to know 😂
Mate, I have been forced into joint account status for a number of years now - I have no choice, was trying to be polite as she might read this :whistle::xf.smile:

•••

Wow, congrats - was the name with dash? I have read somewhere those are back in fashion now :glasses:

•••

Any suggestions for Guitarsy dot com, being a guitar maker and all:)

•••

Agreed. I believe people should mention the name atleast, but to mention no price and name....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back