Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

YairDD

I'm cool, I think?Top Member
Impact
I just bought FindAdvisors at com

Godaddy Expiring Auctions for $255

It's a really strong 2 words domain that was sold for $3,500 in 2012,

What do you think? Did I find a really good deal?

I'm new with domaining ( Almost 2 weeks in )

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not bad buy - atleast i would say do learn before buy anything . I never bought domain for above $50 - but i sold many xxxx range , I started domaining in 2016 . Good Luck with your purchase (y)

•••
Not bad buy - atleast i would say do learn before buy anything . I never bought domain for above $50 - but i sold many xxxx range , I started domaining in 2016 . Good Luck with your purchase (y)

It's hard to find $50 domains that could actually sell for high $xxx or low/mid $xxxx.

I'm here to take risks and enjoy, and earn some money.

•••
Godaddy Expiring Auctions for $255

What do you think? Did I find a really good deal?

I'm new with domaining ( Almost 2 weeks in )
Maybe, but for now focus on cheaper domains until you spend more time reading here.

•••
It's hard to find $50 domains that could actually sell for high $xxx or low/mid $xxxx.

I'm here to take risks and enjoy, and earn some money.
Hand reg domain sold for 9888$ - what do you say ? Keep learning and then try aftermarket . Check namebio , expiredomains , namepros is best place to find nice domains for low prices .

•••
Hand reg domain sold for 9888$ - what do you say ? Keep learning and then try aftermarket . Check namebio , expiredomains , namepros is best place to find nice domains for low prices .

I know that... I didn't say you can't do it, I said it's way harder.

•••
I get your thinking behind this one, but you will likely find that it's too broad and generic for an end-user to see value in it. From a consumer standpoint, if I'm looking to find an advisor it's going to be for a specific topic e.g financial advisor, mortgage advisor etc.

IMO at 2 weeks in you should not be bidding on Godaddy auctions, unless you have thousands of dollars to lose.

My advice for beginners is to stay away from auctions until you've sold a few domains and have begun to understand what sells. Check the expired domains list everyday and handreg drops that you think have potential. There are plenty of domains that drop everyday that you can easily flip for $200+ within a few months, and at $10 a pop you have a much greater chance of selling something. You could've had 25 domains of better quality for what you just paid for one.

•••
I agree with most posters above, it's a steep investment considering the expected payout, if any. I think you're fine but I wouldn't continue the trend. It actually isn't so hard to find $50 or (much) less names that would fetch 3 to 4 figures later. Keep in mind there are no guarantees, but the risk/reward ratio makes those smaller purchases a better strategy overall.

Last edited:
•••
If you are planning on selling it, focus on selling it. Maybe challenge yourself to not acquire any more domains until this one is sold.

Best of luck!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back