Status
Not open for further replies.

Super-Annuation

#Top Member
Impact
What do you guys think?

Pretty clever, right?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for this. I'm still new to trading. Judging by the domains in your signature I'm going to think you know what you're talking about.

I usually only ever try exact spelling, but I really wanted a cloud (albeit Kloud) domain.

If you want a "cloud" name and its already been registered, rather email the existing owner and try and buy it, dont settle for second best by registering a "Kloud" name that will never sell, you will get stuck with it and it will end up expiring. If the name is out of your price range, rather look at other possible names and email the owner, there are plenty of bargains out there. Its better to buy 2 or 3 good names and pay a bit more, rather than hand-register 20 or 50 names that will never sell, this game is about quality, not quantity.

Another Aussie i assume :xf.smile:

Good luck

•••
To my understanding, It would depend on the parameters of Nike's trademark.

No it doesn't... you can name your company NIKE in another niche but thats about it.

Can I call a mechanic work shop McDonald's? Probably.

Yes you can. however:

bad.jpg
good.jpg

Just because it's a trademark doesn't exactly mean they have Universal rights ti the brand name. .

True... but why would you want to? It's asking for trouble cos as soon as there's even the slightest chance of brandconfusion it becomes a liability.

•••
•••
•••
No it doesn't... you can name your company NIKE in another niche but thats about it.

Yes you can. however:

Show attachment 122334 Show attachment 122335

True... but why would you want to? It's asking for trouble cos as soon as there's even the slightest chance of brandconfusion it becomes a liability.

So if Nike only had a US trademark for their respective classes and services, I couldn't open Nike in Australia under those same classe and services? No.

Using your logic, what's the point of The Madrid Protocol, and international trademarks? Isn't it to service the integrity and legitimacy of international ownership of intellectual property.

This was my point, trademark parameters, and everyone thinks otherwise.

•••
So if Nike only had a US trademark for their respective classes and services, I couldn't open Nike in Australia under those same classe and services? No.

Theoretically you could. You would not be able to use any of their logo marks though. It's their intellectual property. It reaches beyond TMs.

Using your logic, what's the point of The Madrid Protocol, and international trademarks? Isn't it to service the integrity and legitimacy of international ownership of intellectual property.

That is exactly my point. TMs function mery to protect things like intellectual property. If there's no TM that doesn't mean they don't actually own the intellectual property hence you'd still be in danger of a lawsuit.

Like I said, using the same name would theoretically not be an issue. Now let's look at how this would work out with domains.

So we have Nike usa, an established TM holder. Lets say you decide to register nikeaustralia.com for your AU located business in sports wear. Where will that leave you if they decide to file a UDRP?

You might be ok using nike.com.au if you're only trading in AU and Nike usa is not. If they are trading in AU without a registered trademark for the name NIKE that would leave you vulnerable to losing the cctld name as well.

This was my point, trademark parameters, and everyone thinks otherwise.

They don't really. You have to distinguish between the ability to use a brandname and the lawfully use of intellectual property.

•••
These domains don't have any value.

•••
Turning to namebio, I enter the following words and here's what I find:

cloud: placed anywhere, a staggering 1,354 sales with an average sales price of $2,135.

Originally, when I saw these domains on this thread, I had a favorable narrative running regarding your domains.

Then I go in to the data a bit more deeply:

kloud: namebio data reveals two recorded sales have occurred since the dawn of time with an average of $209 and a top price of $259.

NameBio is not all the data.

Godaddy gives smartkloud.com a vaulation of $1,357. Interesting you can see on Godaddy SmartCloud.com sold for $5,000, yet another steal. It gives KloudBank.com a valuation of over $1700.

Disappointingly I don't see any sales for "kloud" in the Godaddy data.

While I do think you have a good chance of winning a UDRP on smartkloud.com, it does make a sale less likely, as IBM is your quintessential 600lb gorilla.

Conclusion: there are (much?) better bets out there.

Last edited:
•••
The "CLEVER" thing would have been to search for "kloud" related domain sales. Clearly there is no market

upload_2019-6-30_7-40-16.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-30_7-39-22.png
    upload_2019-6-30_7-39-22.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 128
•••

Yes you can. however:

Show attachment 122334 Show attachment 122335

Surely this is ok. Nobody in their right mind would think that this is really a McDonalds. The Pakistani Clan McDonalds are just trying to make a living.
mcdonalds-pakistan-big.jpg

•••
•••
any typo is a bad idea imo! its called desperation and who really cares about KLOUD? no one. who types it in ? NO ONE. who would want to buy it? NO ONE! who would use it as a site domain? NO ONE! its a waste of $ and effort. move on!

•••
To my understanding, It would depend on the parameters of Nike's trademark.

Can I call a mechanic work shop McDonald's? Probably.

Just because it's a trademark doesn't exactly mean they have Universal rights ti the brand name. .

It depends on the classes covered (eg. 35, 36, 9, 4) and the services covered in the class (eg. 36, financial research, computerized financial services.)
Conflicts occur when it becomes difficult to distinguish between the two names.

Blockchain: wine and beer
Blockchain: financial cloud service

Both could coexist, as long as the trademark, for say wine, was available and no opposition from anyone.

So I can keep/sell my Smart Kloud and Kloud Bank and find an available service

[QUTE="NameDeck, post: 7291377, member: 1009394"]As promised... I could type a long essay and explain but instead I've opted for a more visual way to get to the point.

Show attachment 122274

Now tell me that d

Can I call a mechanic work shop McDonald's --- YES...

McDonald's can sue you the day after you buy the domain, count with that... why put a target on your back ??

•••
upload_2019-7-3_3-48-41.jpeg

fake McDonalds and Nike combo... can i get some fries with that!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back