NameSilo

Just bought a Kindle

Labeled as discuss in The Break Room, started by TCK, Jan 15, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. TCK

TCK NameOptions.com VIP Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

Just bought a Kindle Paperwhite. Nice device. But $200? Must be about $5 to build. Did you buy one too?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. koolishman

koolishman Top Contributor VIP

3. TCK

I'm very surprised to learn that. I guess I need more time to appreciate my Kindle.

4. TCK

It's feasible that Amazon takes a loss on the ereaders and makes it up with digital publication sales.

5. TCK

I love printed books. However, everything is going digital. This little device gives you access to a huge library.

6. D Haynes

D Haynes Top Contributor VIP

Is a Kindle just a cheap ipad?

7. TCK

It is a cheap iPad for books. I like to have multiple books open at the same time as I study. Unfortunately it is increasingly difficult to have actual books and so I have to settle for multiple devices.

8. TCK

Also, digital copies are much much cheaper.

9. TCK

I just downloaded books that would have cost me hundreds of dollars in print for only about 5 bucks.

10. D Haynes

D Haynes Top Contributor VIP

I've found myself going in the audio book direction. I drive a lot for work so it's perfect. Been sucked in by a few podcasts too. Good luck with the Kindle!

11. TCK

I like Kindle and enjoy the savings. But nothing replaces actual printed books. I think Kindle is the closest to digital version of print. But there is a long way to go.

12. Grilled

Grilled Top Contributor VIP

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  13. TCK

Podcasts, audiobooks, pdf's, etc, certainly save time, money, and allow you to consume information rapidly. And when it comes to business it makes a lot of sense to take advantage of that media. And I would encourage it. I hope to use Kindle for more personal type of study and reading. You don't really need Kindle for most research. It's more of a personal type of tool. And I'm not really sure yet how useful it will be.

14. TCK

15. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Top Member NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

Just in case anyone did not know, the Kindle app on iOS and Android devices allow you to read Amazon Kindle books on those tablets, which I have done for many years, rather than buy a device just for books. Also public libraries, at least ours do, will have many great eBooks to access for free.

Personally while still a fan of print as a medium, most of the time I buy electronic versions now. But I always check library access first, unless it is a book I will want to reference a lot in future.

Bob

16. TCK

Yes. I use my iPad to read Kindle and other pubs. However, I started to notice that the light emanating from the iPad affecting my eyes. Especially if you spend much time reading on the device. I find the Kindle device much easier on the eyes. I try to get a printed copy whenever practical and reasonable to do so.

17. TCK

Amazon has learned from Apple how to make elegant packaging.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice