IT.COM

advice Just a translation question ichizushi.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domaindogged

Top Member
Impact
Hi

Just asking if any one Japanese-fluent could confirm how ichi translates as in the word combo ichizushi

I am confident zushi is sushi (although also a place name, I think).

Thanks in advance for the help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Domaindogged - From my very rusty Japanese the word "ichi" can be considered as the number '1' or 'First'.

"Zushi" means drawing or picture.

So combined I think this would mean 'First drawing / picture / illustration' or winning '1st drawing / picture / illustration'

Undoubtedly others more proficient in Japanese will either confirm or correct this. But hope this helps.

By the way 'Zushi' is not to be confused with 'Sushi' the fish dish.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks @TheBaldOne I like the idea that Zushi could be picture or drawing, I like to think of sushi as art on a plate This was the sushi type connection I was making zushibistro. Anyway look forward to a definitive answer. Thanks Again

Last edited:
•••
It's a very long time ago but I seem to remember ichi as I or me. So ichizuchi could be self-protrait or self-drawing. But I'd await confirmation from a Japanese speaker before repeating this!! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back