IT.COM

јр.com – I was a victim!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Mods- leave it here or move it,but it is important.

Taken from my blog.

"You have seen the reported “sale” of јр.com xn--p1a1c.com for $1100
On contacting the new owner it transpires, that as we had guessed, he did not realize it was an IDN and in his words “I am a victim”.

Many of you will be aware that myself and others have been trying to get Sedo to take notice of these lookalike real English words that are in fact IDN this one “јр” being Serbo-Croat cyrillic.

I have no doubt that these names were created solely to confuse and part the unwary newbie from their money.

Currently the same Russian owner of јр.com (sorry ex owner) has these on Sedo, some had been on auction with the necessary one bid to get the name off and running.

ѕео.com Created 11th Dec 2011
аѕѕ.com Created 16th Nov 2011
арр.com Created 16th Nov 2011
есо.com Created 16th Nov 2011

More:

рі.com
ја.com
ѕі.com
хѕ.com
сі.com
іѕо.com
ріе.com
роѕ.com
еуе.com
рѕі.com

I hope nobody else has been caught out by this mutton purporting to be lamb!

Now you may say that the “buyer” should have been aware? But IDN are very new to the majority of the community and as pointed out these names are created simply to take advantage of this and already at least one person has been taken in by it. I am in fact sure he is not the first and will most definitely be the last.

Any chance the buyer could get recompense? Well Sedo will say we pointed out that the name(s) were IDN with a small logo to indicate that and on the auction page it refers to the punycode, a nice get out clause perhaps.

But wait, this seller has had a number of these recently registered names make it to auction. That of course requires an opening bid. I am willing to bet that each of those opening bids were either from the same person or new members signing up with the sole purpose to make a bid.

Yes, I am saying that I think that each of the names from this seller and similar names from other sellers currently on /or have been on Sedo auction are “shill bids”.

Now if that is the case Sedo had been advised on many occasions by myself and others what was going on and had done nothing about it. Sedo should look back at these names in question, check out the first bidder in each case, do a little sleuthing and show some transparency and let the community know if there is anything untoward going on or that they are satisfied that their current due diligence meets requirements.

If I was the buyer armed with this information I would be seeking legal advice at this point in time.

What do you think?"

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
sedo.co.uk/auction/auction_history.php?language=e&auction_id=125456&tracked=&partnerid=&language=e

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
another one

sedo.com/auction/auction_detail.php?auction_id=125837&trackingRequestId=25164719&tracked=&partnerid=&language=us

regards,
tonecas

•••
Already on the blog but it's good to know a few more people are taking notice,maybe one day even Sedo will! :O

•••
I guess the first "buyer" realised what he/she was getting and pulled out so Sedo will have banned a potential buyer.

Never mind, Sedo allowed it to go back on auction and drew in 9 bidders this time!

Bidding History:
арр.com

Winning Bid:
6,255 USD

Reserve met!

Winning Bidder:

Bidder 4

Auction ended:

Mar/12/12 09:32 AM CET

Still in the name of the Russian so I am guessing the the deal fell through,hopefully! :tu:

I would like to post more details about the people who are doing this but it appears that it is now becoming acceptable with threads being deemed derogatory and inflammatory (honest imho) banished to the graveyard.

•••
another one

sedo.com/auction/auction_detail.php?auction_id=125837&trackingRequestId=25164719&tracked=&partnerid=&language=us

regards,
tonecas

I was trying to figure out what was going on as it said Shop.com and was looking for any IDN notice but did not see any. I copied and pasted in the address bar and got this.
xn--n1ae5d4v.com
Boy that's totally bad!:(:|

•••
I was trying to figure out what was going on as it said Shop.com and was looking for any IDN notice but did not see any. I copied and pasted in the address bar and got this.
xn--n1ae5d4v.com
Boy that's totally bad!:(:|

Perhaps you should talk with each other? It's exactly what this guy was doing and both he and the guy who got screwed are members here:p

http://www.namepros.com/thread-graveyard/749442-subjot.html

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

I do almost understand why the thread had been sent to the graveyard but being an old cynic I am pretty well convinced it is more for any potential liabilities NP's may have as a result of the content of the thread as opposed to the welfare of the members here.But that's just me.

•••
Still in the name of the Russian so I am guessing the the deal fell through,hopefully! :tu:

I would like to post more details about the people who are doing this but it appears that it is now becoming acceptable with threads being deemed derogatory and inflammatory (honest imho) banished to the graveyard.

арр.com

Amazingly it's back on Sedo auction yet again for a third time along with at least 3 others from the same Russian(Elena),all with bids.

ѕео.com
рі.com
іо.com

Don"t get screwed.

CAVEAT EMPTOR

More on my blog from others on Sedo auction with a list of their ASCII lookalike IDN.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Have to show to some of these names, how is it possible they are even there on Sedo:

рерѕі.com
јеер.com
аԁіԁаѕ.com
іраԁ.com
іроԁ.com
саѕіо.com

•••
fantastic... I guess COMMISSION rules

•••
Here is another one - sedo.com/search/details.php4?language=us&domain=xn--n1a9bb.com&partnerid=55490&origin=partner

ЅОЅ.COM - aka XN--N1A9BB.COM

Name is registered 2 month ago and already 45 offers at Sedo.

Nice...

•••
Here is another one - sedo.com/search/details.php4?language=us&domain=xn--n1a9bb.com&partnerid=55490&origin=partner

Nice...

At least it's not on auction yet.

Not sure if something is happening at Sedo but there are only a couple of the crappy IDN ASCII on the featured domains compared with over a dozen a week or two ago.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Now maybe something is really happening,only 2 crappy ASCII IDN on auction at the moment!

Sedo- are you actually taking action?

•••
IMO some bidders knows about placing a bid on non sense IDNs, but they may thing, this is a "great" investment for the future.

Nice...

•••
IMO some bidders knows about placing a bid on non sense IDNs, but they may thing, this is a "great" investment for the future.

agree. but it's not likely that every one of these domains got the starting bid for real.

n fact, many domains never sell, and some even drop because no potential buyer wants to make a true effort in purchasing a domain. most only bid when a domain is going to change hands for sure. that is one of the problems with SEDO. the seller has the only right to decide whether to put a domain on auction after receiving a bid or not. 4.cn in that case is more well built and it is increasingly successful in doing it.

regards,
tonecas

•••
so, until now "Elena" has scam at least 2 persons
http://sedo.com/auction/auction_det...stId=24398887&tracked=&partnerid=&language=us

and the buyer of the domain in this thread.

it has probably scammed more since her seller index at SEDO is at the top.

it has been a good raid since the sales cover in excess the cost in reg fee the domains (and a bunch of others).

notoriously, she has also been able to list and re-list for sale the same IDN on SEDO for 3(?) times without any problem:
http://sedo.com/auction/auction_det...stId=23860864&tracked=&partnerid=&language=us
and
https://www.sedo.co.uk/auction/auct...tion_id=125456&tracked=&partnerid=&language=e

and SEDO is acting in such a meaningful way that the scammer is still allowed to list and use SEDO. :lala:

the important seems not to stop scammers but to avoid any legal implication for SEDO. Here is the new "disclaimer":

Important Notice:

** This domain contains special non-English characters (i.e. "ä","ö","ü","á","é", "í") and is an Internationalized Domain (IDN). Please note that even if the signs in this domain name appear like regular signs, the domain may not be always reachable by typing in the name, due to browser limitations on IDN names and user setup. The domain can be reached by typing in: XN--80A6AA.COM.

http://www.sedo.co.uk/search/details.php4?domain=xn--80a6aa.com

regards,
tonecas

•••
so, until now "Elena" has scam at least 2 persons
http://sedo.com/auction/auction_det...stId=24398887&tracked=&partnerid=&language=us

and the buyer of the domain in this thread.

it has probably scammed more since her seller index at SEDO is at the top.

it has been a good raid since the sales cover in excess the cost in reg fee the domains (and a bunch of others).

notoriously, she has also been able to list and re-list for sale the same IDN on SEDO for 3(?) times without any problem:
http://sedo.com/auction/auction_det...stId=23860864&tracked=&partnerid=&language=us
and
https://www.sedo.co.uk/auction/auct...tion_id=125456&tracked=&partnerid=&language=e

and SEDO is acting in such a meaningful way that the scammer is still allowed to list and use SEDO. :lala:

the important seems not to stop scammers but to avoid any legal implication for SEDO. Here is the new "disclaimer":

Important Notice:

** This domain contains special non-English characters (i.e. "ä","ö","ü","á","é", "í") and is an Internationalized Domain (IDN). Please note that even if the signs in this domain name appear like regular signs, the domain may not be always reachable by typing in the name, due to browser limitations on IDN names and user setup. The domain can be reached by typing in: XN--80A6AA.COM.

http://www.sedo.co.uk/search/details.php4?domain=xn--80a6aa.com

regards,
tonecas

Yes,she has a similar sales record to me and I have sold quite a few real ones.:)

Sedo are getting there but they are still not addressing the obvious shill bids particularly from this woman and she has made a fool of a lot of people! And a few buyers poorer now with worthless assets.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

срс.com - Only this one left on auction with it's inishill (Intended) bid the only bid and only a few hours left so hopefully nobody else gets caught.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

I can confirm that the buyer of XN--N1A2C.COM оі.com‏ was NOT aware of what he had bought.

Another one of the Russians victims.And she and a couple of other still have many similar names at Sedo.com waiting for the next one to get trapped.

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

The latest version almost there but still not correct and the grammar needs some work:

“** This domain contains special non-English characters (i.e. “ä”,”ö”,”ü”,”á”,”é”, “í”) and is an Internationalized Domain (IDN). Please note that even if the signs in this domain name appear like regular signs, the domain may not be always reachable by typing in the name, due to browser limitations on IDN names and user setup. The domain can be reached by typing in: XN–80A6AA.COM.”

i.e. -Should be e.g.

Internationalized Domain -Should be internationalized domain

“signs” – should be “characters”

Any advance?

•••
Binɡo.com xn--bino-27b.com

Sold at Sedo.com $940 registered 3 months ago,looks like another poor b got screwed!

CAVEAT EMPTOR

•••
the obvious shill bids particularly from this woman

Russian women are too beautiful to bother to learn what the domain is :)

I guess I saw that guy posting on Russian forums a while ago.

•••
As an update.

The crap names that were finally banned from Sedo auctions and featured domains are now,would you believe,appearing on DNF,4cn & amazingly a nice block ad on DNJournal!

See my blog below for more details.

•••
Some time ago I saw that guy complaining on Russian forum. It appeared that Sedo removed his idn crap from his Sedo account. He was quite upset.

•••
•••
Just looking back on this old thread and it appears that we had a big success and in general the majority of the crappy names have disappeared,despite the naysayers pessimistic attitudes.

Well done guys.

•••
You think so, don't overestimate the intelligence of domainers. It's because people are now bidding on domains like lnvestor.com or vveekly.com :lol:

•••
I'm the new owner of ѕео.com and just wanted to say that I had nothing to do with the past owners issues with yourself/anyone else. Sorry that you had issues with sedo/this owner.

Mods- leave it here or move it,but it is important.

Taken from my blog.

"You have seen the reported “sale” of јр.com xn--p1a1c.com for $1100
On contacting the new owner it transpires, that as we had guessed, he did not realize it was an IDN and in his words “I am a victim”.

Many of you will be aware that myself and others have been trying to get Sedo to take notice of these lookalike real English words that are in fact IDN this one “јр” being Serbo-Croat cyrillic.

I have no doubt that these names were created solely to confuse and part the unwary newbie from their money.

Currently the same Russian owner of јр.com (sorry ex owner) has these on Sedo, some had been on auction with the necessary one bid to get the name off and running.

ѕео.com Created 11th Dec 2011
аѕѕ.com Created 16th Nov 2011
арр.com Created 16th Nov 2011
есо.com Created 16th Nov 2011

More:

рі.com
ја.com
ѕі.com
хѕ.com
сі.com
іѕо.com
ріе.com
роѕ.com
еуе.com
рѕі.com

I hope nobody else has been caught out by this mutton purporting to be lamb!

Now you may say that the “buyer” should have been aware? But IDN are very new to the majority of the community and as pointed out these names are created simply to take advantage of this and already at least one person has been taken in by it. I am in fact sure he is not the first and will most definitely be the last.

Any chance the buyer could get recompense? Well Sedo will say we pointed out that the name(s) were IDN with a small logo to indicate that and on the auction page it refers to the punycode, a nice get out clause perhaps.

But wait, this seller has had a number of these recently registered names make it to auction. That of course requires an opening bid. I am willing to bet that each of those opening bids were either from the same person or new members signing up with the sole purpose to make a bid.

Yes, I am saying that I think that each of the names from this seller and similar names from other sellers currently on /or have been on Sedo auction are “shill bids”.

Now if that is the case Sedo had been advised on many occasions by myself and others what was going on and had done nothing about it. Sedo should look back at these names in question, check out the first bidder in each case, do a little sleuthing and show some transparency and let the community know if there is anything untoward going on or that they are satisfied that their current due diligence meets requirements.

If I was the buyer armed with this information I would be seeking legal advice at this point in time.

What do you think?"

•••
When we put a lot of emphasis on trying to make buying a domain feel safe and trustworthy for end-users who aren't familiar with the industry, it's incredibly unreasonable to expect them to know that these domains are, quite literally, not what they appear to be.

I want marketplaces to give strong warnings, if they insist on having these names for sale at all. Not fine print. Huge red letters, and a pop-up, and a final warning before checking out: "THIS DOMAIN IS ACTUALLY dfw3f-w3-33-rsar.com and NOT Hi.com."

Just having a little sign that says "IDN" is not good enough. Many people don't know what that means. Buying a domain for the first time is already plenty confusing, between DNS, "Do I need privacy? Do I need whatever other super-duper upsell they're trying to push on me?"

We can, as an industry, say "Well it's buyer beware", but then we mustn't cry when the buyers decide to be so aware that they stay away from the aftermarket altogether.

It reminds me of selling those fake .extensions that don't actually work in regular browsers, without making it blatantly obvious that it's not a real domain name.

Thanks to OP for calling out nonsense in the domain industry, it's the only way we'll get better, and we'll build a stronger, more liquid market.

Edit: Just saw the date of this thread haha, this has been a problem long before my time I guess!

Last edited:
•••
Back