Dynadot

Josh Reason's Domain Name Wholesale Exchange DNWE Marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
The core concept is to move domain “liquidation” out of the forums and into a simple, easy to use platform with domain quality control and price control.

The platform is purposely exclusive to domain investors so that you can keep wholesale and retail prices completely separate at the same time. Example: Gamers (.co) Lander/Afternic - $20,000. DNWE - $1,285.

Sellers are charged 9% with all associated fees baked into the price.

NP @Josh R

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 22.38.30.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
One thing I'd suggest if at first you don't succeed, wait then try again. I had a name I tried submitting in the past and while it was accepted only at $299, which I wasn't willing to accept. After waiting some time I resubmitted and got it approved this time at 599, and just got the email today, less than a week after listing, that it sold.

Still see lots of inconsistencies though. For example I had several 4L .coms rejected when I try to list them at 299 but I see approved 4L's at 299 and even 399 that have equally as bad letter combinations, if not worse.

•••
We get hundreds of submissions that are MANUALLY reviewed every single day by @jstenn13 - You’re getting free appraisals from someone that owns some of the best names in the industry and knows the wholesale market VERY well.

Anyone who feels a decision is unjust, I would suggest posting the name in this thread and the price you submitted it for. For now we’ll take another look at all submissions IF they wish to appeal them inside this thread (must be visible to all).

We’ve made a few exceptions in the past and the names never sell but we continue to go above and beyond to cater to as many people as we can. When evaluating domains it’s obviously somewhat subjective but also massively based on data which most people don’t really look at.

We’ll continue to base our curation on wholesale data and commercial application which has resulted in extremely high sell through rates with dozens of well regarded buyers and sellers using the platform actively on a daily basis.
I submitted about 10 domains and all were rejected saying those do not merit even $99. Once domain was rejected with the reason that it does not merit $500 I listed for. I want to relist the same domain for lesser price, however the DNWE platform does not allow me to do the same. It says the domain is already existing. I sent 3 mails to the support at dnwe dot com asking them to delete that domain so that I can relist the same domain for lesser price, however there are no replies at all from the Support, even after several days Strange! Hence I am reporting it here!

•••
Currently there are only 36 curated domains available on DNWE. You should market DNWE better, for example here on Namepros.

Who is active on DNWE here? Do you think it's worth the monthly subscription fee?

•••
Currently there are only 36 curated domains available on DNWE. You should market DNWE better, for example here on Namepros.

Who is active on DNWE here? Do you think it's worth the monthly subscription fee?

I’m active, and the fee was worth it for me, liquidated a bunch of names in the first month or two, and also picked up a couple of decent deals. But I’ve been logging in less and less, and I’m disappointed in the direction it’s taking - more and more worthless names at crazy prices, difficult to sift through and find any value, and very very few curated names.

•••
I purchased 2 domains on DNWE during the period while the membership was free and there was only commission. Then I didn't subscribe when they introduced the membership fee. But I have subscribed to DNWE recently, I hope that I will be able to buy some domains.

I am interested in the curated section, since it's a big help for me that those names are vetted. But there are not enough curated domains, please add more, market DNWE better. Because otherwise the concept is great: being able to buy domains at wholesale rates for a fixed price instantly, and the curated section is also a unique innovation.

•••
I've managed to buy a great domain on DNWE this month for $104.21 (= $99 + DAN fee).

•••
@jstenn13 please consider returning to the commission only model. I stopped using DNWE, but I would use it again without the fixed monthly fee. Just use the old commission-based model, that was better.

•••
DNWE seems like a pretty platform for its relevant audience of buyers and sellers. I have yet to see some more customer reviews and liquidation success attestations before trying out the $15 subscription - although I'd definitely check out the website if it it reintroduced a free trial period. (feel free to update me if that happens, founder Josh!)

•••
Anyone buying or selling on Dnwe these days?

•••
Anyone buying or selling on Dnwe these days?
I listed 47 names in the last couple of weeks.

Sold one.

Last year, that would have been 2-5, at least.

As far as the number of listed names at DNWE:
— Dutch auctions section = 0 names
— Total names = 944 (of which 46 are mine lol). It used to be in thousands.

Last edited:
•••

Sold one.

I listed like 6 2 months ago and sold 2. It's semi-dead but can still generate sales

•••
I listed like 6 2 months ago and sold 2. It's semi-dead but can still generate sales
Pretty much anything can generate sales under certain conditions.

•••

Sold one.

As far as the number of listed names at DNWE:
— Dutch auctions section = 0 names
— Total names = 944 (of which 46 are mine lol). It used to be in thousands.
Update: liquidated four more names since I posted this. Mid $$$ to low $$$$. Not bad at all.

•••
Are you guys still getting deals done there?

•••
Are you guys still getting deals done there?
I keep signing up for a month or two then cancelling it when I realize how much spam and how little curation there is. I bought one ok name this month but haven’t sold one since March, though previously I had managed to liquidate some decent names there. But this year I keep getting a sense that every time I log in all I see is spammy random .xyzs and ridiculous asking prices on brandables. Probably won’t renew again. 🤷‍♂️

•••
I bought a year subscription that I let end. There definitely are sales happening, and it is another place to buy and to sell. I sold 6 domain names there over the year of my subscription. 1 .com, 1 .org, 1 .cloud and 3 .vc.

I debated signing up for another year, but decided not to invest the money in the subscription. I am pretty frugal about subscriptions in general. I wanted to mainly focus on retail sales, and when I want to sell wholesale found I had other alternatives, including here on NamePros.

The DNWE integration with Dan for payment and payout worked very smoothly. Pretty well always names transfer and you get paid within 24 hr.

One feature I liked with DNWE is that names you buy or sell are not reported. That is good for wholesale, and you can keep names listed on retail marketplaces while they are on DNWE. DNWE allow search by various metrics, like age or GD appraisal value. In the latter months I had a subscription it seemed to designate only a few names for the curated collection, mainly .com. I would have preferred more curated names.

The GD valuation number had a glitch, and often gave $0 when that was not right, especially for non-legacy extensions. Not sure if that had an impact on names searched, as some use that as a filter.

If I was doing much wholesale buying and selling I would have kept a subscription.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
I'm thinking to end my subscription there. A lot of garbage names lately, with crazy prices.

•••
It isn't worth it, the owners should switch back to the old, commission-only model. Then I would use the platform again (no fixed fee, only commission).

•••
the owners should switch back to the old, commission-only model.
Yes, I would have continued to use it from time to time if it was back on a commission model.

•••
I will not be renewing my subscription.

The Two Joshes don't care about the platform anymore.

•••
I bought a year subscription that I let end. There definitely are sales happening, and it is another place to buy and to sell. I sold 6 domain names there over the year of my subscription. 1 .com, 1 .org, 1 .cloud and 3 .vc.

I debated signing up for another year, but decided not to invest the money in the subscription. I am pretty frugal about subscriptions in general. I wanted to mainly focus on retail sales, and when I want to sell wholesale found I had other alternatives, including here on NamePros.

The DNWE integration with Dan for payment and payout worked very smoothly. Pretty well always names transfer and you get paid within 24 hr.

One feature I liked with DNWE is that names you buy or sell are not reported. That is good for wholesale, and you can keep names listed on retail marketplaces while they are on DNWE. DNWE allow search by various metrics, like age or GD appraisal value. In the latter months I had a subscription it seemed to designate only a few names for the curated collection, mainly .com. I would have preferred more curated names.

The GD valuation number had a glitch, and often gave $0 when that was not right, especially for non-legacy extensions. Not sure if that had an impact on names searched, as some use that as a filter.

If I was doing much wholesale buying and selling I would have kept a subscription.

Bob
Do they have Auction or bin make offer only

•••
•••
Anyone still using DNWE?
I am. I sold 26 domains there in 2022 ranging from $99-$1200. Bought 4 for $99-$1000. Overall, despite some issues, I love DNWE. I hope the Joshes will keep it up and running and devote more attention to it.

Last edited:
•••
Got this email.

On behalf of DNWE, we hope you're doing well and that your year is off to a great start.

As you may or may not recall, in January 2021 we decided to try DNWE on a subscription-based model. The primary motivation was to offer investors a cheaper way to transact at wholesale.

While we continue to see various degrees of success and plenty of users taking advantage of the platform, we have made the decision to switch back to a free to use model (no subscription required). This will entail switching back to the same commission structure we previously implemented when launching the platform. Sellers will go back to paying 12% commission when selling a domain and buyers will no longer pay a DAN escrow fee when buying a domain.

As for the domains currently listed on the platform, right before we make this change all active listings will move to expired status and will appear in your Expired Listings list in your seller dashboard where you can easily modify the prices if desired and resubmit the domains for active listing.

This change will go live in just a few days on April 1st. There may be a bit of downtime right before this change is made. We'll be sure to update you so you're aware.

We want to take a second to thank the hundreds of users that continued to support our platform during this period. For those of you that have an active monthly or yearly subscription, on April 1st you will be issued a prorated refund for the amount of time you still had left.

If you did not have an active subscription you will soon be able to use your account for buying and selling again.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply to this email and we'll do our best to get back to you in a timely manner. Talk again soon!

Happy buying and selling,

Josh & Josh
DNWE TEAM​

•••
First post:
Sellers are charged 9% with all associated fees baked into the price.
Today's email:
Sellers will go back to paying 12% commission... and buyers will no longer pay a DAN escrow fee
??

Last edited:
•••
Back