IT.COM

Josh Reason's Domain Name Wholesale Exchange DNWE Marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
The core concept is to move domain “liquidation” out of the forums and into a simple, easy to use platform with domain quality control and price control.

The platform is purposely exclusive to domain investors so that you can keep wholesale and retail prices completely separate at the same time. Example: Gamers (.co) Lander/Afternic - $20,000. DNWE - $1,285.

Sellers are charged 9% with all associated fees baked into the price.

NP @Josh R

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 22.38.30.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Delete

Last edited:
•••
•••
Definitely need Paypal or similar,Escrow.com is a PIA especially for low value sales where it becomes expensive with fund disbursement.

•••
What is the difference between reseller and wholesale prices?
Got the answer first hand -wholesale is just below reseller pricing.

•••
Not a fan of the approval process. Seems very inconsistent. I get one 4l approved for 299 and others outright rejected that were imo better than the one approved. I've seen names listed for 999 that seem questionable at best and one words that I'd pay 5-10k more (assuming I had the cash).

I'm left feeling its a waste of my time to even try listing anything there with the inconsistent at best approval process. There needs to be a more objective process before i'd consider trying again. If you have some objective criteria for a given price range to take the guess work out of it then I would see the value in listing names as is its feels like playing the lottery.

Last edited:
•••
I wonder when people from other countries will be able to register. Currently, the list of countries is very limited.

•••
Not a fan of the approval process. Seems very inconsistent. I get one 4l approved for 299 and others outright rejected that were imo better than the one approved. I've seen names listed for 999 that seem questionable at best and one words that I'd pay 5-10k more (assuming I had the cash).

I'm left feeling its a waste of my time to even try listing anything there with the inconsistent at best approval process. There needs to be a more objective process before i'd consider trying again. If you have some objective criteria for a given price range to take the guess work out of it then I would see the value in listing names as is its feels like playing the lottery.
Had 5 accepted sold 2 , 30+ more rejected of which I have sold 2 elsewhere. It's another slightly different platform to showcase your names.

•••
@Josh R @Joshua

It's been three months (or something close to it) since you started with DNWE, maybe it's time to publish your TOS.

I've just listed (and sold) a domain on your website, and first questions that come to mind:

1) who's paying the escrow fees?
2) what's the deadline for the buyer to submit payment? (48 hours, etc.)
3) what happens if the buyer or the seller backs off from the deal? (warning, ban, etc.)
4) what happens when the domain got sold elsewhere while listed at DNWE?

Considering the front running loophole (and DNWE is probably the best platform for front runners, IMO), I find that point 2 is critical. The shorter the payment deadline, the less convenient for the front runner to sell it (albeit very possible).

Last edited:
•••
Quite a few UI bugs, btw... Maybe it's a good idea to put a chat widget for easier reporting.

•••
Registration will be open to every country/region soon.
If you only stick to Escrow.com as a payment provider and you are only open for the countries, that allowed by them than this is not possible.

Last edited:
•••
If you only stick to Escrow.com as a payment provider and you are only open fo countries, that allowed by them than this is not possible.
They are open to other countries :xf.wink:

And Epik Escrow was added recently.

Last edited:
•••
@Josh R @Joshua

It's been three months (or something close to it) since you started with DNWE, maybe it's time to publish your TOS.

I've just listed (and sold) a domain on your website, and first questions that come to mind:

1) who's paying the escrow fees?
2) what's the deadline for the buyer to submit payment? (48 hours, etc.)
3) what happens if the buyer or the seller backs off from the deal? (warning, ban, etc.)
4) what happens when the domain got sold elsewhere while listed at DNWE?

Considering the front running loophole (and DNWE is probably the best platform for front runners, IMO), I find that point 2 is critical. The shorter the payment deadline, the less convenient for the front runner to sell it (albeit very possible).
Hi Eugene,

We have been communicating with you via Email but I guess it doesn't hurt to elaborate here:

Our terms have been published since day 1 and you should have read them before completing your registration with us. https://app.dnwe.com/auth/register
Here is the direct link - https://www.dnwe.com/terms

1) This is clearly stated all over the site. DNWE pays the standard escrow fees. Standard escrow fees do not include the additional fees that are charged when a buyer chooses to use card or paypal.

2) Two business days (48 hours).

3) It depends on the circumstances, but most of the time we will ban a buyer or seller that doesn't fulfill a transaction. There are sometimes valid reasons but repeat offenders will almost always be banned.

4) If the domain is sold elsewhere PRIOR to it selling at DNWE then simply remove the domain from your published listings on DNWE. If it sells at DNWE first then you must honor the transaction at DNWE.

We had a seller that sold at domain on DNWE and then got an end-user offer via their landing a few hours later. The seller did the right thing and proceeded with the transaction on DNWE.

Finally, we have done over 100 successful transactions in the last couple of months and have zero tolerance for front-runners. I think you'll find a lot more front-running on the public platforms like NJ, GD, etc. We've had 1 deal fall through because of a shady buyer, which I hope won't be the case for the transaction you currently have in Escrow Eugene :)

A 48 hours window for payment is short, but we feel like it's necessary based on our mission to help domain investors obtain FAST liquidity.

Last edited:
•••
If you only stick to Escrow.com as a payment provider and you are only open for the countries, that allowed by them than this is not possible.
We're now using Epik Escrow and Escrow.com. Registration is open :)

•••
@Josh R

Thanks, Josh.

I would just suggest that you add a link to the TOS to your site's footer. I understand that buyers can see some notes/warnings, etc. As a seller, I want to know that too. I was literally clicking all over and couldn't find the answers :xf.wink:

•••
@Josh R

Thanks, Josh.

I would just suggest that you add a link to the TOS to your site's footer. I understand that buyers can see some notes/warnings, etc. As a seller, I want to know that too. I was literally clicking all over and couldn't find the answers :xf.wink:
Will implement that feedback Eugene - Thank you :)

•••
After over 100 sales, we have now had 2 deals fall through. Both were the same buyer, and he has been banned permanently... We didn't ban him initially because of the market conditions and his excuses seemed valid. In reality I think he was probably just a shady front-runner.

I'd like to publicly apologize to @uzver for the inconvenience. I hope your next experience will be a great one at DNWE :)

Front-runners, non-payers, and people that try to make deals outside of our platform after seeing a domain for sale at DNWE are toxic and I hope you'll help us keep the bad apples out.

Thanks to everyone that supports our mission at DNWE.

•••
No worries, @Josh R

And I appreciate your full support in this matter :xf.wink:

•••
Now sold 3 out of 5 accepted in 3 weeks. 29 rejected so a pretty good good conversion rate. And Epik escrow works fine, recommended.

•••
Now sold 3 out of 5 accepted in 3 weeks. 29 rejected so a pretty good good conversion rate. And Epik escrow works fine, recommended.
Thanks @wot

We've still got so much work to do and we know that :)

Last edited:
•••
Thanks @wot

We've still got so much work to do and we know that :)
Just registered , looks nice. I think having Escrow other than Escrow.com is good. Does it take so long to verify application?

•••
@Josh R Thank you for approving the account. That was quick and I appreciate it. I just wanted to let you know that this link "
Don't have an Epik Escrow Account? Sign up here , the sign up here link is going to Escrow.com not Epik.

•••
@Josh R Thank you for approving the account. That was quick and I appreciate it. I just wanted to let you know that this link "
Don't have an Epik Escrow Account? Sign up here , the sign up here link is going to Escrow.com not Epik.
Thanks for letting us know :)

On it.

•••
Thanks for letting us know :)

On it.
Are new members limited to only 1 domain submission per day? Cause I get error saying my approval is less than 20% and I am limited to 1 domain per day. I submitted one name only so far so I have no approval rate to compare since there is still no result.

•••
Are new members limited to only 1 domain submission per day? Cause I get error saying my approval is less than 20% and I am limited to 1 domain per day. I submitted one name only so far so I have no approval rate to compare since there is still no result.
That's a small bug on our end - That rule should only kick in after 25 submissions. Will get that fixed within 24 hours :)

•••
@Josh R any chance of getting a filter to only shown names that except a specific payment method?

For example Epik Escrow is not available in my state, so I would like a way to hide domains for sale that will only accept Epik Escrow only showing ones that will accept Escrow.com. And presumably I'm sure there are others who have the opposite problem of only being able to use Epik.

Also, any tips on submitting names? I've seen some bizarre names listed at 299-499, but I submit a one-word .io at 299 and it gets rejected. I'm quite puzzled. The only 2 names I have ever gotten to get accepted were at 299 which there's just no way I would accept that little for them so I deleted them instead of completing the listing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back