IT.COM

Josh Reason's Domain Name Wholesale Exchange DNWE Marketplace

NameSilo
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
The core concept is to move domain “liquidation” out of the forums and into a simple, easy to use platform with domain quality control and price control.

The platform is purposely exclusive to domain investors so that you can keep wholesale and retail prices completely separate at the same time. Example: Gamers (.co) Lander/Afternic - $20,000. DNWE - $1,285.

Sellers are charged 9% with all associated fees baked into the price.

NP @Josh R

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 22.38.30.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great news! I stopped using DNWE in May 2021 because of the monthly fee (as a buyer), now I will start using it again! DNWE is back!

Last edited:
•••
... AND ...
Didn't take long for someone (NP member) to reg. DomainNameWholesaleExchange.com
(2020-02-12 @ 16:37:47)

For sale @ DAN :facepalm:
Over 3 years later and that domainer is still sitting on the name, thinking Josh will pay over 8k for it.

•••
So they’ve dumped all costs back onto the seller and want 12% for doing absolutely nothing. Got it.

•••
So they’ve dumped all costs back onto the seller and want 12% for doing absolutely nothing. Got it.

The buyers will pay this commission eventually. The sellers will include the commission in their prices, and then eventually the buyers will bear this cost.

"doing absolutely nothing" - no, it's a good idea to create a private marketplace for wholesale acquisitions, where you can see the prices and buy the domain outright and you can browse the marketplace using filters, see the metrics such as extension, number of other extensions taken, length, exclude hyphens and numbers etc. Providing data, bringing together the supply and demand side, why is it "absolutely nothing"? Have you used this platform before?

•••
Disappointed, but not surprised. I wonder what their average monthly active subscribers was, can’t imagine more than a couple hundred. Maybe if it’s more profitable now they’ll spend more time curating names and developing the platform - I’ve mostly ignored it as a buyer because it feels like dumpster diving.

I’ve been subscribing on and off when I have needed to liquidate names, and I’ve made sufficient sales to keep coming back (certainly a much faster, easier, and more pleasant process than trying to liquidate here). I’ll probably continue to use it as such, but I do wish they spent more time curating (and not just selecting featured names, but maybe going back to the original model of not allowing everything to be listed.)

•••
Email from DNWE:

The Marketplace Back Open

Earlier today we had a bit of downtime while we switched the platform back to a free-to-use, commission-based model, how it used to be. We're happy to announce that the downtime is over and we just opened back up again!

Some details are below:

• Any approved DNWE user can now access the platform to buy and sell domains. No paid subscription is required anymore.

• All active listings prior to the switch have been moved to expired status. To access your previously active listings visit your seller dashboard and click on "Expired Listings". From here you can edit prices if desired and then you can click the "Resubmit" button to relist.

• It may take some time for the listings on the platform to repopulate as sellers log in and resubmit their domains. Be patient, please.

• Sellers will now pay a 12% fee upon successful sale (7% DNWE commission + 5% DAN escrow fee). Buyers will no longer pay any extra fees.

• If you had a paid subscription your prorated refund for any time you had remaining will be on its way soon. Keep an eye out for that.

• We received overwhelmingly positive support when we announced this change back to an open, yet still private, domain investors-only platform. We appreciated that and it gave us the confidence that we were moving in the right direction.

We can't thank you enough for continuing to believe in us and our mission to improve liquidity for all domain investors. We believe this switch back to our previous model is the way to go and we think the marketplace will see an increase in activity bc of it. Please enjoy.

If you experience any issues or bugs, please email us or DM us on Twitter.

Have a great weekend!

Happy buying and selling,

Josh & Josh
DNWE TEAM

Last edited:
•••
A timely decision, with the current crisis more people might be forced to liquidate so the platform being back in action can have more dynamic and of course those with cash reserves will certainly find some good opportunities there.

•••
The buyers will pay this commission eventually. The sellers will include the commission in their prices, and then eventually the buyers will bear this cost.

"doing absolutely nothing" - no, it's a good idea to create a private marketplace for wholesale acquisitions, where you can see the prices and buy the domain outright and you can browse the marketplace using filters, see the metrics such as extension, number of other extensions taken, length, exclude hyphens and numbers etc. Providing data, bringing together the supply and demand side, why is it "absolutely nothing"? Have you used this platform before?
12% total commission on names you are liquidating is too much. You would do better just to leave them on Afternic for full exposure. You can pay less at most registrars in house. You pay zero here to reply to requests. I’ve sold domains with no commission in domainer groups and on apps.

The more fair way would have been to split that fee between buyer and seller right down the middle.

This “private” thing does someone announce your sales with a megaphone because they don’t mine. I can privately sell many places without paying 12%.

•••
I check the dnwe.com site daily as a buyer, please upload some great deals, thank you :)

The site is active and a lot of new domains are added each day, it is worth checking it out as a buyer or seller.

I like the features that you can filter the results using multiple parameters (GoDaddy appraisal, registered TLDs etc.) and the listings have BIN (buy it now) prices, so can you quickly buy a domain without a lot of back-and-forth negotiations.

Since the monthly fee has been removed, it is a no-brainer to register there and check the site periodically should you need domains at wholesale rates.

Great platform, it just needs more buyers and sellers.

Last edited:
•••
I've just bought a great two-word, brandable .com domain for 99 USD on DNWE. The transaction was closed in 2 days (it is fast, because the transaction was during the Easter holiday and the seller is located in a completely different timezone).

When you buy a domain, you will be redirected to the Dan.com platform where you can finalize the purchase. It is a nice thing that you will get a tax invoice automatically. The fixed price was 99 USD. There is no payment processing fee, so paying by credit card or PayPal adds 0% surcharge to the total price. The seller pays the 12% commission.

But the site still needs more buyers and sellers.

•••
Domain investors used to dump expiring domains on NameLiquidate.

Now it's all going on DNWE it seems.

I do wish they spent more time curating (and not just selecting featured names, but maybe going back to the original model of not allowing everything to be listed.)

•••
Domain investors used to dump expiring domains on NameLiquidate.

Now it's all going on DNWE it seems.
Oh it's been like that for a minute. It's worse than NameLiquidate in some ways, with NL at least there was some cap on pricing and everything was dutch auctions if I remember well. Can't really complain, I've made some decent deals on DNWE, both buying and selling - but it's still a bit of a shame to see the promise of curated value gone.

Last edited:
•••
is dnwe marketplace still active ?
they post zero sales data, no way to know if sales happening there, or if it is still active

•••
is dnwe marketplace still active ?
they post zero sales data, no way to know if sales happening there, or if it is still active
Yes, still active.

And they recently switched from 'subscription' to 'commission' model.

•••
Still active and making minor updates here and there. Going to spend a little more time on DNWE this year (just a little :xf.wink:)

•••
Have you considered allowing an option of less than $99 ending price on Dutch Auction names? I think there would be a market that came closer to what used to be offered at NameLiquidate.

Or is the $99 limit imposed by the Dan integration, and can't be less unless a different payment provider to close the deals is invoked?

Anyway, just a suggestion.

It is nice the occasional posts/emails highlighting names, and I suspect also you will get more traffic with Shane now covering some DNWE listings in DSAD newsletter.

-Bob

•••
Have you considered allowing an option of less than $99 ending price on Dutch Auction names? I think there would be a market that came closer to what used to be offered at NameLiquidate.

Or is the $99 limit imposed by the Dan integration, and can't be less unless a different payment provider to close the deals is invoked?

Anyway, just a suggestion.

It is nice the occasional posts/emails highlighting names, and I suspect also you will get more traffic with Shane now covering some DNWE listings in DSAD newsletter.

-Bob
Hi Bob!

Spot on. I wish we could offer a way for dutch auctions to go below $99 as I completely understand that it's a major segment of the wholesale market.. Unfortunately we are unable to do this with the DAN integration.
To be honest I don't blame them at all because with everything that goes into fulfilling a transaction (payment, transfer, fraud etc) the juice just isn't worth the squeeze on deals that small. Even at $99 it doesn't really make much sense.

I'm happy to be advertising with DSAD though. Hoping that will add some eyeballs in 2024.

We did over $60k in volume in January so there is a decent amount of sales taking place on the platform.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back