IT.COM

question Job "title" domains, valuable?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

haxo201

Established Member
Impact
Hey all!

I was doing a little bit of research on google searches and there is of course a lot of searches for specific job positions or job titles. For example: "Financial Engineer" etc...

Would domain names like FinancialEngineer.com be of any value? I mean, there are tons of searches for the keywords, so would it be worth picking domains like these up?

Have a good day and thanks in advance. :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
why would anyone be searching for this phrase?

think of the reasons, if any

don't just go by search results

•••
why would anyone be searching for this phrase?

think of the reasons, if any

don't just go by search results
Well, people looking for jobs I would imagine mostly. Or people interested in the profession.

But if there are searches shouldn't that mean potential traffic?
I'm new and I don't know this stuff, so please give me as much of an understanding as you can. :)

•••
Well, people looking for jobs I would imagine mostly. Or people interested in the profession.

But if there are searches shouldn't that mean potential traffic?
I'm new and I don't know this stuff, so please give me as much of an understanding as you can. :)

Hi

search volume "does not" equal actual visitors that an "unregistered" term or phrase will/would receive, if it was a domain name.

google will return a result for most any term you put in, regardless to whether it's properly structured, has additional plurals, is hyphenated, etc.

however, common sense has to take over, to decide if the term/phrase is viable.
one has to do further research beyond the keyword tool.

professions in general, are limited to the demand or decline of that respective industry/service. so you have to look at potential growth or potential stagnation.

imo....

•••
Hi

search volume "does not" equal actual visitors that an "unregistered" term or phrase will/would receive, if it was a domain name.

google will return a result for most any term you put in, regardless to whether it's properly structured, has additional plurals, is hyphenated, etc.

however, common sense has to take over, to decide if the term/phrase is viable.
one has to do further research beyond the keyword tool.

professions in general, are limited to the demand or decline of that respective industry/service. so you have to look at potential growth or potential stagnation.

imo....
Alright, I understand.
Thank you for that!

Are there even good unregistered domains out there anymore?

•••
as long as there are new ideas, products, services, etc., there will be a need to describe it and a term to associate it with.

so yes, there will be some good unregistered domains, but you'll have to be ahead of the game or quick on the draw, to acquire them.

imo...

•••
as long as there are new ideas, products, services, etc., there will be a need to describe it and a term to associate it with.

so yes, there will be some good unregistered domains, but you'll have to be ahead of the game or quick on the draw, to acquire them.

imo...
So in other words, the best bet is niches?

I get what you're saying, thanks again for your info and opinion. :)

•••
You can expect about 1% of search volumes to be type ins

•••
The example you gave (financialengineer) has been taken by an end user since 2002, and is also taken in other extensions. It seems to have some value, yes. I see some job names going for good prIces. They could be used for websites offering job placement, offering staff, or as a forum for people in that occupation, to name a few. If I described myself as a financial engineer and my services were for hire, I would be right on that name.

Like Biggie says, don't rely too heavily on searches. That's just one metric out of many. Think about what the name would be worth to an end user, in terms of new clients/business, and approach it that way.

•••
Yes obviously Google searches make a lot impact on Domain names:

Suppose you search "top 10 web hosting" on Google then it will show results and you will see there are many results but the result:

http://www.top10bestwebsitehosting.com/ comes first on the results so it definitely effects it.

hope this helps you to understand.

Thanks

•••
Yes obviously Google searches make a lot impact on Domain names:

Suppose you search "top 10 web hosting" on Google then it will show results and you will see there are many results but the result:

http://www.top10bestwebsitehosting.com/ comes first on the results so it definitely effects it.

hope this helps you to understand.

Thanks
Today an exact match domain does not mean if someone types the same keywords as in a domain name that the corresponding domain will be the first that shows in searches. I could register (fffhjugdxbydvhui.com) and have it outrank an exact match domain by completing seo. There are many metrics to seo that are taken into consideration by google algorithms. I wish it was still as easy as simply having an exact match domain.

•••
Today an exact match domain does not mean if someone types the same keywords as in a domain name that the corresponding domain will be the first that shows in searches. I could register (fffhjugdxbydvhui.com) and have it outrank an exact match domain by completing seo. There are many metrics to seo that are taken into consideration by google algorithms. I wish it was still as easy as simply having an exact match domain.
Thats the thing I want to deliver!!

Thank so much for contributing the clear picture!!

•••
You can expect about 1% of search volumes to be type ins

in general, that is a false assumption.

why?

because "volume" also relates to extension and popularity within regions.

a term may have 2k monthly searches, but majority of that will be for .com or if region specific, a cctld may garner more visitors.

the exceptions are when a "niche/popular" site is promoted on an extension other than .com, like "pokerstars.net" was. or it's something global like "youtube" where a multitude of extensions may benefit from type-ins.

but in general, other extensions typically do not benefit from a high volume term, when it comes to "type-in" traffic.

imo...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back