Dynadot

news James Iles appointed GoDaddy liaison to domain investor community

NameSilo
Watch

Bob Hawkes

Top Member
NameTalent.com
Impact
For those who have not heard, GoDaddy created the new position of domain investment community manager. The person will serve as a liaison to the domain investor community, helping domain investors with GoDaddy services, and providing feedback from the investor community to GoDaddy on ways to improve its services.

And the first person to fill that position is someone very well known to the NamePros community, @James Iles !!

Congratulations to James on this new position, and to GoDaddy on creating the position.

Hat tip to Andrew @DomainNameWire for breaking the story today (see https://domainnamewire.com/2022/12/...daddy-as-liason-to-domain-investor-community/)

JamesNewPosPN.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Does someone know how can a domain be renewed until 2030 at Godaddy but be in pending delete status?
The domain now is catched by someone at NameBright, yes that one company servant of ICANN and Verisign.

•••
Does someone know how can a domain be renewed until 2030 at Godaddy but be in pending delete status?
The domain now is catched by someone at NameBright, yes that one company servant of ICANN and Verisign.
Please feel free to email me jiles (at) godaddy.com with details of this. I'm happy to look into it

•••
Almost 100 days already (82 days at the time of this writing). Would @James Iles be able to celebrate his 100 days in the position of community liaison by making GD/Afternic/DAN add at least one frequently requested feature, improvement, etc.? So far, James is posting the official newsfeed and, in some aspects, replaces individual support by escalating account-specific issues and answering various questions. It is greatly apprecitated, and is indeed what liaison means as per the dictionary ("A liaison is a person who acts to arrange and assist interaction between parties"). Or, should we simply stop expecting any improvements @ GD / Afternic ? James is not a wizard, and, if GD is unable to improve its systems - then there is little or nothing the liaison can do to change this... :()

•••
Almost 100 days already (82 days at the time of this writing). Would @James Iles be able to celebrate his 100 days in the position of community liaison by making GD/Afternic/DAN add at least one frequently requested feature, improvement, etc.? So far, James is posting the official newsfeed and, in some aspects, replaces individual support by escalating account-specific issues and answering various questions. It is greatly apprecitated, and is indeed what liaison means as per the dictionary ("A liaison is a person who acts to arrange and assist interaction between parties"). Or, should we simply stop expecting any improvements @ GD / Afternic ? James is not a wizard, and, if GD is unable to improve its systems - then there is little or nothing the liaison can do to change this... :()

Hey Tony. This is a long-term project covering more than just highlighting support issues & providing feedback between the community & GoDaddy, and vice-versa, but we're starting from a blank canvas; there was literally nothing formal for the domain community before I came on board.

GoDaddy is a huge company, and affecting change doesn't necessarily happen quickly - but it will happen. There are some updates coming, though, including a solution to ownership verification at Afternic, which is something the community desperately wants.

Would a blog post on life at GoDaddy be of interest to give an insight into what I'm doing?

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Hey Tony. This is a long-term project covering more than just highlighting support issues & providing feedback between the community & GoDaddy, and vice-versa, but we're starting from a blank canvas; there was literally nothing formal for the domain community before I came on board.

GoDaddy is a huge company, and affecting change doesn't necessarily happen quickly - but it will happen. There are some updates coming, though, including a solution to ownership verification at Afternic, which is something the community desperately wants.

Would a blog post on life at GoDaddy be of interest to give an insight into what I'm doing?
GoDaddy should be happy with such an engaged community. There is a lot of knowledge available and a lot of good ideas come out of it. It would be wonderful if the good ideas were finally implemented. However small sometimes, it all leads to improvement. I'm looking forward to the new developments on the blank canvas, as you call it. Thank you for all your efforts, James.

•••
GoDaddy should be happy with such an engaged community. There is a lot of knowledge available and a lot of good ideas come out of it. It would be wonderful if the good ideas were finally implemented. However small sometimes, it all leads to improvement. I'm looking forward to the new developments on the blank canvas, as you call it. Thank you for all your efforts, James.

Completely agree - this is a community that cares and there are some great ideas and feedback coming from the community.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back