Dynadot

information Jack Dorsey’s Block Acquired Block.xyz for $4,999 via Afternic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hours after Jack Dorsey resigned as Twitter CEO, his other company announced a name change.

Digital payments platform Square, adopted a new corporate name, Block...

Read the full report here.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
its unbelievable the guy priced this name a relevant premium dictionary word so low 🤦‍♂️ paper hands I guess.

Easy to say that in hindsight, but the truth is if it was priced higher he might have not bought it, i find some of these billionaires and billion dollar companies are a lot tighter with money than many start-ups who are willing to spend every last bit of money they have in the bank and even take out loans to get the domain they want.

Just because Jack's a multi-billionaire doesn't mean think he would have been happy to splash $100k+ on this, the domain may have been appealing because of the price and I think the domain was priced about right.

Last edited:
•••
its unbelievable the guy priced this name a relevant premium dictionary word so low 🤦‍♂️ paper hands I guess.

•••
What would be the BIN you would have put on the domain?
Considering its:

A powerful dictionary word in a booming niche

In an extension crypto enthusiasts love

Taken in at least 450 extensions and there is an infinite number of companies this would be an upgrade for

My answer is —considerably more.

•••
•••
Easy to say that in hindsight, but the truth is if it was priced higher he might have not bought it, i find some of these billionaires and billion dollar companies are a lot tighter with money than many start-ups who are willing to spend every last bit of money they have in the bank and even take out loans to get the domain they want.

Just because Jack's a multi-billionaire doesn't mean think he would have been happy to splash $100k+ on this, the domain may have been appealing because of the price and I think the domain was priced about right.
I said nothing about 100K or Dorsey. I said the seller sold for an embarrassingly low price. If Dorsey was too cheap to pay more that would be his loss and good luck getting better extensions on the cheap.

•••
Yeah 5K is laughable for such a name. Aim high. If they really wanted that name, block.xyz, they would have bought it if it were 10k, 20k, i mean come on. Even me, watching what has been going on in the past few months you better believe i upped my price on my xyz, I already know who might be interested in it, and they've got the money, and if they dont someone else will pay that money.

Last edited:
•••
I said nothing about 100K or Dorsey. I said the seller sold for an embarrassingly low price. If Dorsey was too cheap to pay more that would be his loss and good luck getting better extensions on the cheap.

What would be the BIN you would have put on the domain?

Last edited:
•••
Name was bought at auction, I believe investors like @DNGear & @Jimmysun participated in that auction.

A hot dictionary word in a hot industry, renews at $9. What a shame, but the seller has 8,000 names to worry about, did that cloud his judgement? I think so. But they know better I guess.

•••
seems like a pointless name change but each to their own i guess

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back