IT.COM

advice I’ve Said It Before, Your Domain Names Suck

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
I have received an increasing amount of inquiries from new domainers, mostly by means of DMs in Twitter. I love the fact that there is fresh blood entering the industry and looking to learn and profit form domain names. Even more, I am humbled that these new domainers are looking to me for advice on this early stage of their journey.
Many of the DMs are good, solid questions asking me to expand on previous tweets or on email approaches to selling domain names to end users. Others are people struggling to make a sale and don’t understand why it’s not happening. They will either include a list of their names in the initial contact or follow up with another message asking me to review the names the are trying to sell...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There was a time when we were all pleased to learn the ropes, Rarely would anybody state that their particular domain was brilliant, ideal for ...etc. It was so much more fun when just about everyone was on the learning curve (apart from a few old-timers - who gave their advice so freely) I think we all recognized this was going to take years of heartbreak, occasional windfalls to just about balance our losses.

But today most see themselves as instant experts. Just look at the references to absurd valuation, they are quoted almost every listing. Those poor old multi-million/billion dollar businesses just don't know what they're missing. If only I could get them to recognize my genius. No wonder most of the real old-hands stay away from the boards these days - It just isn't worth the pain of being honest.

Ultimately they all fall by the wayside but not before they have vented their disdain at anybody who dared question their logic.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for sharing the news 🤦

•••
There was a time when we were all pleased to learn the ropes, Rarely would anybody state that their particular domain was brilliant, ideal for ...etc. It was so much more fun when just about everyone was on the learning curve (apart from a few old-timers - who gave their advice so freely) I think we all recognized this was going to take years of heartbreak, occasional windfalls to just about balance our losses.

But today most see themselves as instant experts. Just look at the references to absurd valuation, they are quoted almost every listing. Those poor old multi-million/billion dollar businesses just don't know what they're missing. If only I could get them to recognize my genius. No wonder most of the real old-hands stay away from the boards these days - It just isn't worth the pain of being honest.

Ultimately they all fall by the wayside but not before they have vented their disdain at anybody who dared question their logic.
A lot of people can't think for themselves, learn from their mistakes or are not willing to put the hard work in.....which are basic requisites if you want to be successful

Self Learning? Nah....I'll watch a couple of YouTube or TikTok videos and I'll then be an expert.....

Hard Work? Nah....I'll buy some random shite and hope to get lucky......If that don't work, I'll blame everyone else

Engage in thoughtful discussion? Nah....I'll hit a downvote button if someone writes something I disagree with

Lot of fools out there nowadys.....

•••
Back