Dynadot

question-answered I've just changed to ns5/ns6 Afternic landers and no BIN button

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Selstar84

Upgraded Member
Impact
Hi,

I've just changed many of my domains to ns5/ns6 Afternic landers and what I see is may be for sale. I don't see any BIN buttons. Is this normal?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
You need to list your domains for sale with BIN prices in your Afternic account .

•••
You need to list your domains for sale with BIN prices in your Afternic account .
They are listed with BIN price in afternic

•••
I have couple names with bin but not showing prices. Better off forwarding to
Afternic.com/domain/DomainName
Or use dan nameservers fix that problem

•••
Where do you find the ns5/6 landers?

•••
•••
Mine is not showing BIN eitber. But check this merchapps.com
(not mine)

•••
You need to put a bin when you add domain to afternic. I am sure I read it here. Wasnt other forum.lol
All mine work. Delete a name, add it with bin and see if that does the trick
Updates by afternic are 9 pm pacific time for certain things cant remember which

•••
That happens for me when the domains aren't at 60 days yet. They show as 'may be for sale' until they are cleared for the fast transfer network at 60 days. Then once you are past 60 and approve for transfer, they will switch to a $ amount for BIN.

I considered pointing the landers to DAN until 60 days, but then decided it didn't really matter enough to add the extra step to go back and forth.

Last edited:
•••
Adding the domain hasn't fixed it. Let's see if it is a matter of time.

•••
Most probably they are stuck in pending review.

•••
I like the landers of NS5 and NS6 but most of my domains there do not have buy now button. But in my back office it says... buy now price missing = 0
which is false because 70% of my domains do not have a buy now button. I wrote support to resolve the issue and will come back if they resolve it.

•••
Here is the reply of Afternic's support:

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Afternic Support.

After looking into this query, we can inform you that this happens when the domains are listed on both GoDaddy and Afternic. What we would advise you to re-list the domains via the List for Sale service and wait up to 48 hours in order for the parking pages to propagate and display the proper Buy Now price.

Thank you for your patience & understanding.

Regards,

•••
I thought their reply says "delete the listing and relist it" and tried that to no avail. Now I read their reply again and found this phrase "List for Sale service"

Now what does "List for Sale service" (of Afternic) mean?

•••
•••
So list for sale means list them on afternic.
Why list them on godaddy if your using afternic?

•••
I listed them on Godaddy already. In fact I listed them in Sedo, Dan & Godaddy at the same time and used Dan's landers. I had no issue with Dan.
But I saw so many sales reports from Afternic here in Namepros and wanted to try it. I changed name servers of all my domains to Afternic and then the landers don't have buy now - most.
However my newly registered domains and some of the previous do have buy now button. Donow why Afternic is giving me a hard time 😡

•••
Told you, from my experience, you need to add the bin when you add the name.
If you add name and change bin after or add without bin and add a bin month later it wont show.
Are your prices showing at godaddy.com/forsale/ domainhere.ext
Nice lander with godaddy at top and footer

•••
I added a new domain yesterday with BIN. It's not showing buy now.

Last edited:
•••
Just to update, I've alerted both Afternic support and the engineering team to this. I'm also working with @Denismth behind the scenes to resolve his issues.

If anyone else has similar problems, please email me jiles (at) godaddy.com. Thank you all!

•••
Back