IT.COM

new gtlds It's Official no growth last 4 months in newGTLDs

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
What's next. No growth in nGTLDs in the LAST 4 months, didn't even reach 30million. 30million was what ICANN budgeted for nGTLDs to be registered at the end of 2014
On any measure it's been disappointing
The question is what's next for the nGTLDs, do they go into the wilderness never to been known by the general public or is there only worth is to be used for scams and phishing emailing; and only to be known for ill intent.
One thing is for sure its RIP for domain investors in nGTLDs.
It's a blood bath out there....

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you are unable to see it, does not mean the opportunity does not exist.
now we are in the realms of religion and the cult of newGTLDs, just have faith.
load of twaddle

Last edited:
•••
•••
now we are in the realms of religion and the cult of newGTLDs, just have faith.
load of twaddle

Only Twaddle here is your narrowminded assumptions....... You probably saw the one religious domain in my signature and assumed I must be religious....lol - not at all, it's a domain...just virtual real estate for me. Seems you constantly feel the need to drive a negative agenda about nGTLD's... more likely to protect your .com portfolio... or whatever your agenda is... doesn;t matter what you say what you want. I know what I am doing, no need to entertain your blah blah blah.... rather reply to people here who actually value your opinion.... to me it's all blah blah blah

•••
Only Twaddle here is your narrowminded assumptions....... You probably saw the one religious domain in my signature and assumed I must be religious....lol - not at all, it's a domain...just virtual real estate for me. Seems you constantly feel the need to drive a negative agenda about nGTLD's... more likely to protect your .com portfolio... or whatever your agenda is... doesn;t matter what you say what you want. I know what I am doing, no need to entertain your blah blah blah.... rather reply to people here who actually value your opinion.... to me it's all blah blah blah
good luck with that. I didn't notice your religious domain, the whole nGTLDs have a feeling of the cult to me, believe without question and without hard proof; always end in a mess.

•••
good luck with that. I didn't notice your religious domain, the whole nGTLDs have a feeling of the cult to me, believe without question and without hard proof; always end in a mess.

Blah blah blah?...blah... blah blah, blah ..blah

•••

.commies: cult
".com is king": belief without question
"confusion": without hard proof

Propaganda much?

Last edited:
•••

At this point .COM is the leader on any objective metric - registrations, usage, sales, etc.
That is not faith, that is reality.

Brad

•••
Objective? bwahahahahahahaha

•••
Blah blah blah?...blah... blah blah, blah ..blah
that's what children do when they don't want to hear something. puts fingers in ears and shout blah blah blah

Propaganda much?
there is such a poor argument for newGTLDs, that any discussion always ends up with this nonsense

Last edited:
•••
If I thought the risk / reward of new TLDs were favorable I might go for some .condos or .club or maybe .online. Launching one new TLD every two to three years would be OK. Launching hundreds or new TLDs in a short timeframe makes no sense as there is inadequate end user demand for so many premium-priced domains. Seven years ago I had far more non-.COM domains than .COM domains. I have sold .Net, .TV and even .Biz domains on occasion for high $XXX and in a few cases slightly higher. However, given the performance of my holdings in those extensions, I have sharply reduced the number of registrations and no longer look to acquire domains in those extensions - just holding on to my best regs from years past. I have never sold a .info and currently hold zero .biz. .Org has been an OK tld but I have never held many - only hold two or three currently and am not looking to acquire more. There are too many non-.COM tlds fighting for consolation prizes.

Today I received a high $XXX offer for a .COM I hand-regged a few years ago. This is not the first offer for this domain. As far as I can tell this domain is ONLY regged in .COM and yet the buyer who could presumably go for the CCTLD wants the .COM. What does that say about the value of other TLDs compared to .COM - not 20 percent or 10 percent or 5 percent or even 3 percent. Basically they don't want anything but the .COM.

•••
If I thought the risk / reward of new TLDs were favorable I might go for some .condos or .club or maybe .online. Launching one new TLD every two to three years would be OK. Launching hundreds or new TLDs in a short timeframe makes no sense as there is inadequate end user demand for so many premium-priced domains. Seven years ago I had far more non-.COM domains than .COM domains. I have sold .Net, .TV and even .Biz domains on occasion for high $XXX and in a few cases slightly higher. However, given the performance of my holdings in those extensions, I have sharply reduced the number of registrations and no longer look to acquire domains in those extensions - just holding on to my best regs from years past. I have never sold a .info and currently hold zero .biz. .Org has been an OK tld but I have never held many - only hold two or three currently and am not looking to acquire more. There are too many non-.COM tlds fighting for consolation prizes.

Today I received a high $XXX offer for a .COM I hand-regged a few years ago. This is not the first offer for this domain. As far as I can tell this domain is ONLY regged in .COM and yet the buyer who could presumably go for the CCTLD wants the .COM. What does that say about the value of other TLDs compared to .COM - not 20 percent or 10 percent or 5 percent or even 3 percent. Basically they don't want anything but the .COM.

HaHa.... could you please let me know the domain so I can quickly go an register some other variants..... pretty please :xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin: - it's my best grin :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

•••
HaHa.... could you please let me know the domain so I can quickly go an register some other variants..... pretty please :xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin: - it's my best grin :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
ha ha ha
don't be greedy leave some for me

•••
Too many of them! Focus on the ones that make sense. And always .com first.

•••

Loved your phrase "commies cult".

•••
that's what children do when they don't want to hear something. puts fingers in ears and shout blah blah blah

Blah Blah Blah? Blah... Blah blah

•••
•••
growth has officially stopped. further rounds will have lower quality strings.

Things will not get much better within the next few years.

IMO we are 1-2 years away from the point when most investors will give up.

Speculators unloading their portfolios will dampen excitement even more.

once this is public knowledge brands will be even less likely to use .brand

some domain sales will always happen but investors will learn to become very selective and to adjust their expectations.

Last edited:
•••
•••

once this is public knowledge brands will be even less likely to use .brand

some domain sales will always happen but investors will learn to become very selective and to adjust their expectations.

Blah blah blah, blah blah....blah.:xf.grin:

•••
found a typo

once this is public knowledge brands will be even less likely to use .com

•••
Have to change the title it's moving so fast. Now no growth in last 6 months rather than 4 months!

•••
is it july already?

time goes fast

felt like it was just yesterday we were in may

•••
Have to change the title it's moving so fast. Now no growth in last 6 months rather than 4 months!

if this continues it will be hard to convince people they're not dead.

1 year without growth = not even proponents can deny they are dead.

•••
Blah blah blah, blah blah....blah.:xf.grin:
There is money to be made, this is no time to be standing on the side lines; Dot com will become like AM radio; dot com will be dead in 10 years. Blah blah blah, blah blah....blah.:xf.grin:

•••
is it july already?

time goes fast

felt like it was just yesterday we were in may
Last time they were at 27.5million was mid-December 2016, they just keep falling and the cliff of XYZ in July is still to come

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back