Dynadot

discuss It would be cool if NamePros can create landers for us

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Future Sensors

78% of human domainers will be replaced by robotsTop Member
Impact
It would be cool if NamePros can create landers for us with no commission, because here is the only place where auctions are commission free that I know off.

With the increasingly monopolized domain marketplace landscape, @URLU had this phenomenal idea.

In this thread, let's brainstorm what such a service could possibly look like.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't know what kind of extra load that would put on them.

Technically, you could spruce up a thread for your domain in the Marketplace section and just forward your domain to it.

Being mainly an investing forum though, many members use this as an exclusive place for just a select few of their assets, and may not be so keen associating all of their domains to it. 3rd-party marketplaces have a sort of anonymity until point of purchase.

•••
3rd-party marketplaces have a sort of anonymity until point of purchase.
That’s an excellent point.

$10/mo (or $99/yr) for a Gold account would allow a secondary account for their business to achieve that sort of anonymity.

The 0% commission would hopefully make back that upgrade fee and a lot more.

let's brainstorm what such a service could possibly look like.
Agreed; what would be useful vs. important vs. urgent?
  • Name servers for convenient redirection?
  • Anonymity until an agreement is reached?
  • Beautiful page templates?
  • CRM?
  • Buttons (e.g., Make Offer)?
  • Search of offers received?
  • Export options of marketplace data?
  • Intuitive funnels for buyers?
  • Payment processing?
These things aren’t challenging, but they’d have to be prioritized over other initiatives, which could delay projects like community moderation (a big challenge).

I don't know what kind of extra load that would put on them.
Our tech team says it would be fine.

•••
Agreed; what would be useful vs. important vs. urgent?
Thanks for having this joint session. I will come up with a more detailed response soon.

An essential feature of such a solution with NamePros sales landers is a simple way to generate a unique ID within the NamePros account, which can prove ownership of a domain in DNS. Such a function can also be used immediately for current domain listings in the marketplace section of this forum, if necessary.

•••
I believe that a NP domain lander service does not necessarily have to be at no additional cost to members. I would certainly be willing to pay for it as a seller (fixed subscription, or variable amount). A model in which the buyer bears the costs is also possible.

Last edited:
•••
Sounds as though this could be a good idea. Looking forward to seeing what could be made.

•••
>>Agreed; what would be useful vs. important vs. urgent?
  • Name servers for convenient redirection?
    yes and alternatively a static IP address

• Anonymity until an agreement is reached?
    no
    full disclosure of the buyers details

• Beautiful page templates?
    no functional and fast

• Search of offers received?
    yes

• Payment processing?
    that would make it perfect

•••
Also, having stats on number of views per page/listing, etc. would be useful

•••
I wrote a long post regarding this subject... Then deleted it...

If we land our domains at namepros, won't that draw end user attention to wholesale pricing? I mean, they may land on a sales page, then check out the site (np) noticing a BIN or auction page offering the same domain for pennies.

I end up selling quite some domains for good profit which I acquired here for low to high $xx...

Maybe a white label service?

I like that the mods are open to investigate the concept. nP is a trusted venue within the industry. It could definitely earn it's space amongst domainers trading, adding additional security to higher tier transactions. Like mentioned, end user sales when white labelled.
Name servers for convenient redirection?
Yes. Custom (branded) nameservers.

Anonymity until an agreement is reached?
Yes.

• Beautiful page templates

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Keep it KISS. I love Dan but their most minimal sales lander is overly complicated. Leverage your brand recognition. Be blunt, straightforward.

Maybe. If you want sellers/buyers to be able to stay anonymous you would definitely need a CRM environment.

... Skipping a few I don't care for...

Payment processing
Yes. Payment processing and preferably the ability to push/transfer the domain to an escrow account. This may complicate things a bit but that's where most venues fail to add value considering the fee they're charging.

Maybe NP credit? Like the old system? It could save both np and users on transaction fees untill there's a cash out.

I would like to add to the list:
- domain ownership verification through TXT records or a similar option.
- HTTPS (on demand) for our Landers. It decreases your bouncerate.
- you should earn commission. Maybe a different tier for marketplace auctions vs sales but I wouldn't mind up to 10% commission. Maybe free for auctions...

•••
•••
The time has come for us to form our own marketplace with the increases from the Godaddy group.

If we all paid a fee...fifty cents to a dollar...per name (maybe much less depending on total of names) a domainer friendly site could be developed.

•••
Aint gonna happen, don't let me be the party pooper though. Could just create a post and forward all your names to that, but I don't see that happening either.
It is a great idea, but not on this medium. @Bravo Mod Team team chimed in 6 months ago, do they have an update on this?

•••
Aint gonna happen, don't let me be the party pooper though. Could just create a post and forward all your names to that, but I don't see that happening either.
It is a great idea, but not on this medium. @Bravo Mod Team team chimed in 6 months ago, do they have an update on this?
I experienced that there is willingness, but the suggestions and concrete implementation will depend on a collaboration between the forum administrators and its members.

•••
Agreed with what Hotkey said above. And this type of thing has been talked about before, probably some old threads somebody could bump up. It's not going to happen here. And do you really want end users to come to a domain forum for a sale? I don't. You're going to turn them into bargain hunters, let them in on the game, for those that aren't already hip to it.

•••
And do you really want end users to come to a domain forum for a sale? I don't.
Agree. The lander doesn't have to be on the namepros.com forum. It could be on a separate domain or website.

Last edited:
•••
You're going to turn them into bargain hunters
Many marketplaces have inexpensive domains available in their inventory. For example, Sedo has lots of domains available for only $20 USD at Buy-It-Now.

Buyers can be educated that there are cheaper domains available but if they want your domain name, then your price is the price. They cannot go elsewhere to get it cheaper.

Serious buyers will understand this reality, even if they don't like it. It's just the nature of domain names.

do they have an update on this?
Kind of. Not exactly a progress update, but more of a... it's done. ✅ 😁

https://www.namepros.com/threads/free-for-sale-landers-by-namepros.1041899/

Let us know what you think of it.

•••
Let us know what you think of it.
I think it's already looking great, and it can only get better from here when new features are added.

Merci, bravo and the other teams !!

Last edited:
•••
Epiks 999 auction was a hit

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back