Dynadot

sales IT.com sold for $3.8 MILLION

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Digital Nomad

XNetwork.comTop Member
Impact
IT.com sold for $3.8 MILLION which was brokered by James Booth.

itcom.png

Source: LinkedIn

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Isn't that too cheap for such a domain ?
Anyways congrats to all three.

Last edited:
•••
Isn't that too cheap for such a domain ?
Anyways congrats to all three.
I was thinking the same, it's a 2 letter .com meaning something in a huge industry, an actual keyword. Not just a random 2 letter domain. Buyer got a great deal IMO. I remember Facebook buying fb.com for $8.5 MILLION.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I was thinking the same, it's a 2 letter .com meaning something in a huge industry, an actual keyword. Not just a random 2 letter domain. Buyer got a great deal IMO. I remember Facebook buying fb.com for $8.5 MILLION.
FB did mean something for the right company with deep pockets and the seller knew it......

I don't normally say this, normally if the seller is happy with the price that's all that matters......but in this case I'm going to say this was undersold.....Though 99% of people would not sniff at $3.8 million minus commission in their bank account.....

•••
FB did mean something for the right company with deep pockets and the seller knew it......

I don't normally say this, normally if the seller is happy with the price that's all that matters......but in this case I'm going to say this was undersold.....Though 99% of people would not sniff at $3.8 million minus commission in their bank account.....
What are the odds this was the wholesale price?

•••

I agree completely, then the right buyer did not come along for IT.com yet, but some people got a nice "paycheck", so it is worth selling right now if it made a nice profit, instead of waiting for example 20 years for the right buyer of $10 MILLION IMO.

Last edited:
•••
I agree completely, then the right buyer did not come along for IT.com
No such thing as the “right buyer”. You’ll die most of the time waiting with that thought in mind.

It’s only about the right time. When it’s the right time between buyer and seller, things get done :)

•••
No such thing as the “right buyer”. You’ll die most of the time waiting with that thought in mind.

It’s only about the right time. When it’s the right time between buyer and seller, things get done :)
IMO it's about the right time, the right buyer, the right seller and/or the right broker :yuck: Edit: I forgot and the right domain and right extension haha

Last edited:
•••
$3.8mil for a subdomain service? Tried host.it.com and they are asking $10k? lol
This reminds me of so many failed attempts. The last one was in.net.
Some people have too much money to burn.
What a waste of an awesome domain.

•••
$3.8mil for a subdomain service? Tried host.it.com and they are asking $10k? lol

Especially when Dot IT has been available for decades... doesn't look like a smart use of money if that was the point of the purchase...

Last edited:
•••

bird.it.com "Premium"​

Select the period of use of the domain:

1 year $1373
2 year $45
3 year $40
4 year $35
5 year $30

•••

bird.it.com "Premium"​

Select the period of use of the domain:

1 year $1373
2 year $45
3 year $40
4 year $35
5 year $30

But their regular price is 50 dollars a year. At that rate they would need to have 76k customers to make their money back on "registrations"....not including hosting and other services if they offer.

•••
After checking archive.org it seems the new buyer did not create this service. Check out the screenshot from 2021. Maybe they will create something new with the domain hopefully. I'm even wondering if this is a domain name only sale or did it include the business etc.

itold.png

Last edited:
•••
Selling "subdomains" as a digital product is an extremely clever idea. Congratulations.

•••
Alternative to .it (italy tld), what a waste. But they might have done some deals with some registrars, so naive people looking for .it may buy .it.com instead. I search for .asia, my past favorite registrar shows it after 5 tlds.
Godaddy says ".co is great alternative to .com" (and of course it is not, they are saying so because they are the registry). If they own that .co, they would be more likely to say so, if you own it, they may not be so enthusiastic to promote it. Everyone is trying to abuse their position to make quick cash nowadays. As long as rules are fair, I'm not against it. For example at Epik, buyers think they are contacting domain owner, while they are contacting Epik only. This is cheating. Maybe Icann should stop new Epik from doing this.

Last edited:
•••
I
IMO it's about the right time, the right buyer, the right seller and/or the right broker :yuck: Edit: I forgot and the right domain and right extension haha
yes and to get them all aligned at the sane time... im sure its rare.
I guess the seller would prefer $3.8M now rather than wait and hope it sells.

Think I may take a leaf out of their book. Much as I feel my domains are worth $1k each, I would just like to shift them, so maybe I should start accepting offers and see what happens

•••
•••
My opinion exactly at @Anees Ahmad, I think the buyer got a very nice deal.

•••
Congratulations to the seller but for me that was very cheap compare to the potential attached to the name.

•••
Anyone know what they are going to do with it? Personally, I think it's a pretty good domain for it to be turned into a website. And a reasonable price too. I have 3 .it.com domains. Names, Sales, Sports, .IT.com I'd like to know if they will continue with their current business, or if they are going to wind it up.

Last edited:
•••
The only subdomain I'd buy on the service would be screw.it.com )

Good price and I think subdomain service is waste for the potential of this amazing name. Doesn't get better than this. 2 letter huge industry.

•••
Anyone know what they are going to do with it? Personally, I think it's a pretty good domain for it to be turned into a website. And a reasonable price too. I have 3 .it.com domains. Names, Sales, Sports, .IT.com I'd like to know if they will continue with their current business, or if they are going to wind it up.
I saw an ad on NamePros for IT.com today.

Ad screenshot:

itads.png

The domain sale was reported on DNJournal.com. Here is some more info by Ron Jackson:

"That transaction actually got started last fall when the broker for the buyer, Igor Furdyk (Linkoeln.com) and the broker for the seller, James Booth (Booth.com) hammered out an installment plan for the domain. The buyer, Intis Telecom, made a $1.5 million down payment and was scheduled to pay the rest over 36 months but decided to go ahead and pay the full balance early. Intis has already started using IT.com as the foundation for a new registrar offering third level domains (buy.it.com, for example)."​

Last edited:
•••
Oh that’s why i see their ads here now! ;)

Jk. Cool name! GL on their endeavor.

Love the creative financial structure to buy it!
(Hat tip @URLU via DNJournal)

Last edited:
•••
That seems insanely cheap for such an industry-defining domain.

•••
Back