Dynadot

news IT.Com Sells for $3.8 Million in Biggest Domain Sale Reported YTD + DNJ's Latest Sales Report

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The new bi-weekly domain sales report is out at DNJournal.com. Late breaking news about the biggest publicly reported domain sale of the year to date - a $3.8 million blockbuster - stole the spotlight. Just minutes after finishing the report we got word from veteran broker James Booth about his eye popping sale. Even before that news broke there was a lot to like about what happened in the domain aftermarket over the past two weeks. Our latest all extension Top 20 Sales chart includes a pair of mid 6-figure sales that totaled over $1 million. Impressive results were seen across all categories including .coms, ccTLDs and non .com gTLDs. You can get all of the details here: https://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2021/20211110.htm

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

good news Ron

Last edited:
•••
So the same person scored 3 very large sales starting with the word meta, but nobody else in the space got a sausage.

Seems to be a pattern of people that just happen to score big and report their own sales.

•••
No way IT.com should be sold for $125M . :xf.eek: lol

I say it again , market has matured .

Marketing.com , Sports.com and IT.com are Super premium domains and they priced for low-mid 7 figures each .This is fair value

Last edited:
•••
Yes the domain name itself seems to be expensive. But the doubt is, will the buyer get turnover greater than the buying cost soon... there are many factors that affects sales.. it's not easy to remove some barriers in market.

•••
Maybe I am way wrong, but should IT not have sold for a bit more?

•••
With respect to anyone saying $125m or should have got more etc. If you don’t own any highly valuable domains yourself, doing analysis saying seller should have got this or that is like sat in your armchair watching a football game on television shouting at your TV what Cristiano Ronaldo should and shouldn’t have done.

Last edited:
•••
Great stuff! #5 --- I think it was MetaXR.com (not "MetaRX.com") that sold for $60,000.

•••
This inspired me to pick up ITDTC.com dtc is acronym for about 5 different business and tech terms. I know I won't get 4 million but maybe one day six figures you never know.

•••
IT.com Sells for $3.8 Million

Earlier this year, British company IntisTele acquired IT.com, almost a year after it purchased IT.co.uk for £187,200 (around $242,000 at the time of the sale). At the time of its IT.com acquisition, the purchase price was unknown.

However, this week, details of the deal have been disclosed. It has been confirmed that IT.com sold for $3.8 million in a deal brokered by James Booth. As of publishing, the $3.8 million IT.com sale ranks as the largest of 2021.

Topic by: @Ron Jackson

it.com sells for $ 3 800 000 which is 94 % higher than it.co.uk for $ 242 000 and both from a U.K. company. Just saying. Strange. Or not?

Last edited:
•••
First ai now it, what's next?
These are sold for a cheap price.

•••
I think they would've been better off buying a domain that features their company name along with the .it extension, e.g. mycompany.it. That would have been a much more eloquent way for them to associate their company with the field of IT, and I dare say a lot cheaper too (!)...

•••
it-1990-pennywise.jpg

Last edited:
•••
IT.com > voice.com
3.8m < 30m

Which tells that domains value is subjective.

•••
•••
I think the new owner should create a sub-domain, "SH", on it.com. That would make a perfect domain hack out of the name (albeit with two dots) and he could use the sub-name to tell folks just how bad .com is...

•••
I think the new owner should create a sub-domain, "SH", on it.com. That would make a perfect domain hack out of the name (albeit with two dots) and he could use the sub-name to tell folks just how bad .com is...

They wil be selling Subdomains on it.com so the option is open :)

•••
The new bi-weekly domain sales report is out at DNJournal.com. Late breaking news about the biggest publicly reported domain sale of the year to date - a $3.8 million blockbuster - stole the spotlight. Just minutes after finishing the report we got word from veteran broker James Booth about his eye popping sale. Even before that news broke there was a lot to like about what happened in the domain aftermarket over the past two weeks. Our latest all extension Top 20 Sales chart includes a pair of mid 6-figure sales that totaled over $1 million. Impressive results were seen across all categories including .coms, ccTLDs and non .com gTLDs. You can get all of the details here: https://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2021/20211110.htm

I know owner, but I dont understand why he's choose to sell subdomains for that great domain. It would be better to create an information portal and distribute email like @it.com for $9.99 per year for example.

•••
IT.com is worth much, much more. Down market.

•••
Back