Dynadot

discuss Is Y part of CVCV?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Now that we have determined ourselves whether we define a CVCY as a CVCV, i have another question:

CYCY.com ?

Is it also a CVCV or a CCCV.com ? ty

•••
Now that we have determined ourselves whether we define a CVCY as a CVCV, i have another question:

CYCY.com ?

Is it also a CVCV or a CCCV.com ? ty
are you asking is y a consonant or a vowel?

•••
are you asking is y a consonant or a vowel?
well, in my own decision making ive decided CVCY.com is CVCV.com which makes y a vowel, but ive heard that if y comes first in a word its a consonant. Just thought somebody else might be able to clear this up better.

•••
well, in my own decision making ive decided CVCY.com is CVCV.com which makes y a vowel, but ive heard that if y comes first in a word its a consonant. Just thought somebody else might be able to clear this up better.
in the domain world y is always a consonant. if you owned...cary.com it would be described as...cvcc.

•••
in the domain world y is always a consonant. if you owned...cary.com it would be described as...cvcc.
thats what i mean half the domainers claim cvcy to be a cvcc while the other half say cvcy is cvcv. But what is cycy? a cccc?

•••
thats what i mean half the domainers claim cvcy to be a cvcc while the other half say cvcy is cvcv. But what is cycy? a cccc?
yes

•••
•••
what would you price a cycy.com at? half a cvcv? hmmm
well there is actually no such thing as a...cycy domain...but if you owned cycy.com godaddy values it at $6000 and estibot at $ 11000.

•••
well there is actually no such thing as a...cycy domain...but if you owned cycy.com godaddy values it at $6000 and estibot at $ 11000.
here is an example sales result from namebio:

hysy.com1,075 USD2022-09-23GoDaddy

•••
•••
•••
Is anything wrong having 2 vowels e.g o and y in a single word domain?

•••
Is anything wrong having 2 vowels e.g o and y in a single word domain?
Hi

the appeal could be in the placement or arrangement of the letters within the domain.

ie: yego

imo...

•••
Hi

the appeal could be in the placement or arrangement of the letters within the domain.

ie: yego

imo...
Ok but how about the "o" before "y"? Thanks for your response.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
i don't know why but y is always a consonant in the domaining world. you can check out shortnames.com and see that this is true.
Ok I did. Where does it state that, because I'm not seeing anything saying such?

•••
•••
Ok I did. Where does it state that, because I'm not seeing anything saying such?
you can adjust the settings on the left hand side. cvcv. vcvc.cvcc etc.

•••
you can adjust the settings on the left hand side. cvcv. vcvc.cvcc etc.
I'm sorry but I don't see where you can adjust settings on the left or right. What am I missing?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back