Dynadot

question Is .xyz good to buy ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Aboaljood

Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
It has gained a lot of polpularity and there have been some big sales, mostly solid one-word names that can be used as brands. If you can pick up any .xyz names like that for a good price, it is probably a good buy.

•••
Google bring the attention on this extension and couple of good solid keyword related sales as well.If you catch or buy good keyword.xyz name,it will be good and profitable as the other extension, like .com,.net etc.
The key is good and profitable keywords 👍

Last edited:
•••
One challenge with .xyz appears to be the renewal costs. While the top tlds seem to have standard renewal prices, .xyz seems at time much, much higher.
Perhaps some of the experts here can better explain this.

•••
•••
It has gained a lot of polpularity and there have been some big sales, mostly solid one-word names that can be used as brands. If you can pick up any .xyz names like that for a good price, it is probably a good buy.
I wanaa use plumber niche

•••
I wanaa use plumber niche

.xyz is mainly being used by “web 3” companies in tech, crypto, etc... Plumbing companies are very low tech in general and very slow tech adopters historically. I personally don’t think it is a good for for this extension, at least now or in the near future. Maybe if it keeps gaining adoption then down the road it could be, who knows.

•••
•••
•••
So is there a trend for internet access to .xyz domains being blocked?
Yeah, as well as .icu and some others. Especially those who started with offering $0.01 registrations and the like..,

why and is this applicable to only certain .xyz domains?
Bad actoros, including but not limited to spammers, were using these extensions. Not a surprise that sysadmins are trying to block _all_ such domains

•••
Yeah, as well as .icu and some others. Especially those who started with offering $0.01 registrations and the like..,

Bad actoros, including but not limited to spammers, were using these extensions. Not a surprise that sysadmins are trying to block _all_ such domains
At least .xyz is not on the top of the SpamHaus "badness index." .surf, .net, .live, .gq, and .tokyo currently have the distinction of being the top five abused domain tlds. .xyz is lower on the list.

•••
Last edited:
•••
in 2022 nooooooooooooooo because all excellent names are taken
Sure looks like the best have been taken. The interesting aspect to this is whether many are being dropped rather than renewed due to high renewal costs.
The original poster asked whether .xyz is good to buy. The initial upfront cost may be very low, but the renewal costs may be prohibitive.
In researching the question about .xyz renewals, I learned that various new TLD options do not have the ICANN renewal cost controls. So .com, .net, and .org may have predicatable, low renewal costs, but other newer TLDs, such as .shop, .club, and .xyz, are not regulated. So, that $1 initial domain purchase may require a renewal price even in the thousands.
Admittedly, IMHO, I'd prefer to stick with domains with more predictable renewal prices. Clearly, though, there are still fans out there for the .xyz despite renewal costs issues.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back