Dynadot

analysis Is .US more valuable than .CO or .IO?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Business Brands

Knowledge is PowerRestricted (Market)
Impact
Have you seen .US auction prices?
Is not .US more liquid and valuable than .CO and .IO?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
It's a three letter LLL.us
Ok I thought you got the money already ...once you got the money, it would be nice to share

•••
•••
I sold one last week for $1,000
I have a bad habit that I don't reveal the sold names.

Last edited:
•••
where is .net?
.net > .co

sorry I don’t own any .net so I didn’t give my opinion on .net

but from research, yes .net better than .co in general

•••
If any USA company uses a .co or any other cctld instead of .US should not represent or state they are a USA company...

Last edited:
•••
Interesting which name ? .us is good but the problem is that the owner is restricted to US only
is NOT RESTRICTED ONLY TO USA
STOP TELL THIS THINGS ( OR MAYBE YOU DON'T KNOW )
ANYONE CAN REGISTER OR BUY A DOMAIN ON AFTERMARKET
ONLY HAVE TO DO IS NOT TO LIE ABOUT YOUR IDENTITY OR PROVE YOUR CONNECTION WITH A USA CITIZEN OR A USA COMPANY WITH OFFICE IN USA OR HAVE BUSINESS WITH A USA COMPANY ETC...ONLY AND ONLY WHEN YOU RECEIVE A NEXUS COMPLAINT
TO RESOLVE A NEXUS COMPLAINT IS ENOUGH A BILL OF ANY KIND BUT MOST OF TIME THAT SHOW / PROVE THAT YOU MAKE A BUSINESS WITH A USA CITIZEN OR A COMPANY HAVE OFFICE OR REGISTERED IN USA CAN BE THE BILL THAT SHOW YOU SOLD A DOMAIN NAME .US...DHAAAAAA

P.S. Are thousands of individuals or companies ( most from Europe ) that use .US for personal or business purposes

Last edited:
•••
is NOT RESTRICTED ONLY TO USA
STOP TELL THIS THINGS ( OR MAYBE YOU DON'T KNOW )
ANYONE CAN REGISTER OR BUY A DOMAIN ON AFTERMARKET
ONLY HAVE TO DO IS NOT TO LIE ABOUT YOUR IDENTITY OR PROVE YOUR CONNECTION WITH A USA CITIZEN OR A USA COMPANY WITH OFFICE IN USA OR HAVE BUSINESS WITH A USA COMPANY ETC...ONLY AND ONLY WHEN YOU RECEIVE A NEXUS COMPLAINT
TO RESOLVE A NEXUS COMPLAINT IS ENOUGH A BILL OF ANY KIND BUT MOST OF TIME THAT SHOW / PROVE THAT YOU MAKE A BUSINESS WITH A USA CITIZEN OR A COMPANY HAVE OFFICE OR REGISTERED IN USA CAN BE THE BILL THAT SHOW YOU SOLD A DOMAIN NAME .US...DHAAAAAA

P.S. Are thousands of individuals or companies ( most from Europe ) that use .US for personal or business purposes
Yes that’s what I said. Restricted to US....as you need to have some forms of connection (significant presence in US) :) other extensions don’t have that restrictions

•••
The one I sold last week was in Asia. This week the buyer is in uk.

•••
I am not a big fan of .us, IMO .io and .co are better options. Besides zoom I can't think of any .us site I have used in the past several years. While I use numerous .io and even some .co often.

•••
Yes that’s what I said. Restricted to US....as you need to have some forms of connection (significant presence in US) :) other extensions don’t have that restrictions
In your opinion if someone from Mozambic sell a .us name to a USA entity & provide that bill is "significant"?

And by the way... chinese domainers start to invest in .us .. notice this around 2-3 months ago special in keywords & lll and probably will invest also in NNN or NNNN

But many domainers are to focus on .com or other extensions to notice this little details :xf.wink: & be sure @wallet2it they will provide a bill if they receive a nexus complaint to protect the assets

P.S. a personal opinion - .com owners are or maybe "scare" about the "wave" of .us will come & do or say things like this " need to have special status to register/buy .us" - NO , no need to have "special " status , must be smart & innovate

Last edited:
•••
In your opinion if someone from Mozambic sell a .us name to a USA entity & provide that bill is "significant"?

And by the way... chinese domainers start to invest in .us .. notice this around 2-3 months ago special in keywords & lll and probably will invest also in NNN or NNNN

But many domainers are to focus on .com or other extensions to notice this little details :xf.wink:

I am talking about registration and the purpose of ownership ....
But In my opinion, I don’t think someone from Mozambic should own or sell .us unless he/she establishes a company actively selling to US customers ....but if you are flipping and the holding time is short probably no one will know (but I don’t recommend)

maybe those chinese guys try to flip or they try to do business in US

•••
I am talking about registration and the purpose of ownership ....
But In my opinion, I don’t think someone from Mozambic should own or sell .us unless he/she establishes a company actively selling to US customers ....but if you are flipping and the holding time is short probably no one will know (but I don’t recommend)

maybe those chinese guys try to flip or they try to do business in US
i know things about .us more than others , who own ( premium ) that are from china and trust me most of them not for flip or try to do what ever a business in USA , they just start to invest in .us to (maybe) have control on a digital asset that americans ignore

Last edited:
•••
i know things about .us more than others , who own ( premium ) that are from china and trust me most of them not for flip or try to do what ever a business in USA , they just start to invest in .us to (maybe) have control on a digital asset that americans ignore
What if someone reports them ?

•••
What if someone reports them ?
i think i explain very clear above + chinese community in USA is the largest and have business & are USA citizens

....hmnn wonder why on my .us have most of visit's from China :xf.wink:

...but enough with my little "secrets" tell enough ...invest in stupid .io :-P

Last edited:
•••
i think i explain very clear above + chinese community in USA is the largest and have business & are USA citizens

....hmnn wonder why on my .us have most of visit's from China :xf.wink:
Yeah that’s why restricted to US....they have to have some forms of connections in the US

•••
Yo @wallet2it i think i was clear about what type of prove must be ( minimum )
a bill - where bill mean prove of a sale :
seller ( Mozambic , Mamombo name ) sell the domain.us to John from USA for $100 trough Dan , Sedo , Afternic etc..the bill that this operators give you when received a offer or buyer agree with the price & when deal is finished

•••
Yo @wallet2it i think i was clear about what type of prove must be ( minimum )
a bill - where bill mean prove of a sale :
seller ( Mozambic , Mamombo name ) sell the domain.us to John from USA for $100 trough Dan , Sedo , Afternic etc..the bill that this operators give you when received a offer or buyer agree with the price & when deal is finished
How often does the Mozambic guy sell to US customers ?

•••
You do not see big corporations on .io or .co of this size:

MasterCard.us
CalvinKlein.us
Bosch.us
Shell.us

•••
.co yes ( at this point )
.io is just a fas or fart for stupid companies that no have idea what mean or what represent + is expensive
in maximum 2 years no one will use it
But .us will rise

No the case, you only have to look at some of the better sales in each ext, the .US sales are years ago (2005-2011), .io sales are last few years. .US is the extension that will be dying by the looks of it. Have a look at the recent .US sales, most are mid to low xxx range. You may be a little biased looking at your name :xf.wink: You need to go by the fact/sales/stats

upload_2020-8-5_15-23-55.png

Last edited:
•••
Is .US more valuable than .CO or .IO?

If you're a domain investor out to resell the domain, NO. .CO is more brandable and has a higher ranking potential. .IO's more popular with the gaming and tech crowd, too plus it also has higher ranking potential than .US.

co-ranking.png

io-ranking.png

us-ranking.png

If you are out to develop your own site however, are based in the .US and are targeting the US market only, you can opt for .US since since Country-code top-level domains (ccTLDs) perform better in the SERPs (Search Engine ranking Pages/Positions) in their own countries.

Last edited:
•••
I do agree that .co are more brandable than .us
I was a Big fan of the name Toysr.us and I used to own a lot of LLLr.us lol and I even renewed for a while, but it was maybe before 2010

But I do agree that they deserve to be more popular than all other Country TLDs, except for the fact that .com are the ccTLD of usa lol but there is no reason for .uk, .de, .fr, .ca being more valuable than .US
I see that even .in are more valuable than .us looking at general sales data

I also believe that there could be a bull run like Alt Runs.

.com is is the BTC .org is the ETH .net is more like USDT/XRP hybrid.
Rest all are other other Alts. lol

•••
It's a three letter LLL.us
niceeeeeeeeeeee....i really love those, i'm still holding about 10-15 LLL.US...some of the prices they sell for recently are horrendous, but maybe thats because only strong LLL combos are valuable? either way, i think LLL.us are quite underpriced and underrated...i dont see buying LLL.US today for $5-$50 as a bad investment at all...they will go up in value...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back