IT.COM

Is this not a liquid domain mp4lab

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

muhammad jaafar

Established Member
Impact
Mp4lab.com, how do you classify it, LLNLLL.com, or a short domain.
what are it potentials in the future , is it worth renewing?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is not a domain I would recommend anyone buy. I looked it up real quick to see if i was missing anything. It has been registered for about ten years with 7 different registrars and 6 drops which means 6 other people bought it and didn't renew it. Seems like all the other extensions are available, there are not really any searches for it, etc. If you want some basic ideas on how to buy names to resell, I wrote a quick article on it here: https://garage.godaddy.com/smallbus...r-buying-and-selling-domain-names-for-profit/ and we have a hangout coming up for how to put a value on a domain and another quick article coming out for that soon on the 14th.
On this name I don't think you would easily find a buyer and I don't think it qualifies as liquid because of that. I think it would be beneficial to buy names in areas you know well and start there as you can see domains that have value around something you know and can more easily think of who would benefit from them.

•••
How do u come up this datas

•••
I bet there is a list somewhere but here are some places I would recommend you use:

domaintools.com - that told me what was registered by who and when, etc and also let me know how many times the name was dropped and who else owned it in the whois history. This is really great to see because you can see if it was owned by investors and look at nameserver history etc to see if it was say parked at a domain parking company. If I see that a name was parked somewhere by an investor and dropped, especially many times, that is a giant red flag to me. I may still buy it for other reasons but all signs point to this name not making any money on parking or sales.
I dont know if your budget allows for it, I use a paid membership there to unlock some of these data points. To me domaintools is invaluable. There are other sites that offer free services that maybe some people here can share with you. I mainly use domaintools so I wouldn't feel comfortable telling you to use something I am not very familiar with.

I also looked quickly at google.com, that is it just googled the term. There's many things I don't know and I always check to see if there is an industry term, abbreviation, or something in another language etc that would make it valuable. Just today I saw a domain sell for a large amount and thought why would anyone buy that? Then I checked google to find it was a very good keyword in another language. So when I checked your domain a couple different ways such as Mp4lab.com, Mp4lab, Mp4 lab, etc I saw very few search results and also no ads at all on the top or right hand side of the page. Meaning, not many people have content about this term, and no one wants to pay to show up in the search results for it.

I also know the market well since I live in it 10 hours or so a day for many years. I don't see a market for this name so using those two tools quickly told me all I needed to confirm my suspicions. If they had shown otherwise I would have kept digging with a few more things.

Right now when people are talking about liquid names they tend to be talking about LL, LLL, NN, NNN, and even LLLL and some LN combinations like LNL, but liquidity in the market changes so while right now LLLL and NNNN names are pretty easy to resell a couple years ago they were not. A good place to check the trends on what is selling now is dnjournal.com, Ron Jackson does an excellent job of keeping tabs on big public sales each week. You would probably also benefit from various bloggers who report end user sales such as domainnamewire.com.

•••
Check to see what what mp4 stands for and the potentials awaiting it , imagining a hype in the mp4 in future,
makeuseof.com/tag/technology-explained-what-is-the-difference-between-mp3-mp4/

acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/MP4
mp4lab can be any collection of downloadable video or audio file in lab, video or audio editing of this file type. It is keyword rich, pronounceable and short, just 6 xters.. There are many reasons while many people lose valuable domain name especially if they are not domainers

•••
I know what mp4 is and understand that mp4 lab could be a nice brand. I was just saying I don't think it is a liquid name. That was my point in bringing up the drops. Not to say that the name may not have value as a brand to the right person but that it is apparently not very easy to sell, thus not liquid.

•••
As Joe said, seems like a goodish brandable, the word 'lab' is actually nice and sweet when it comes to branding. I do not think though that mp4 as a term in a brand will be sought after. Put yourself in the buyers shoes, would you rather have medialab, movielab, megalab, or mp4lab?

The mp4 part makes it restrictive. mp3 is such a different story as I am old enough to remember when it went kaboom due to the many platforms, and mp3 was a killer term, the same is not true with mp4. It is just 'another' mime type \ media type.

•••
In domaining liquid means it fits a category of domains that domainers fight over, hence liquid, it can be sold like a market order in the stock market.

The 'lab' in your name takes the domain out of liquid.

Instead its a cool domain for someone that wants a brand with mp4 in the string.

Good Luck

•••
You might have had a better chance to sell this name like 5-8 years ago when the term mp4 was actually somewhat used. Its a nice short name with meaning, but its just sort of dated now, I have not heard any mention of mp4 in years.

•••
sorry, it's not a liquid name or a solid name

it's just a plain domain that would fit in the category of "a hard sell"

imo...

•••
•••
@Joe Styler Can you say something about this domain WebsMagagzine.com ?

•••
I think webs magazine would be hard to sell but I have not done any research into how this term may be used overseas. Barring anything like that I'd say it is not going to be an easy sale.

•••
Needed to be songlab imo
I agree. I think the name is too restricting. Most of the similar sites offer various file extensions not just mp4.

•••
@Joe Styler Can you say something about this domain WebsMagagzine.com ?

Joe will will tell you .......it had to be webmagazine ..........not webs, people need to stop regging second best names

•••
Joe will will tell you .......it had to be webmagazine ..........not webs, people need to stop regging second best names
Maybe they are happy with second best pricing? As long as they know that, then there's no harm.

•••
Yes as long as they know ............ummmmmm?

•••
Can help with cheaperhotels.co appraisal

•••
Use the appraisals section if you really want a wider view

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back