Dynadot

question Is this a good idea or bad?

NameSilo
Watch

CJ6

My favorite movies are too offensive now. Whimps.Top Member
Impact
I have been working on a new website to sell domains with fixed prices. I'm setting up a shopping cart e-commerce site where users can use PayPal, bitcoin, or escrow to pay. Is this a bad idea... to allow them to control payment options?
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i'd probably only use escrow

imo...

•••
I personally like to have multiple payment options when I buy something, it's a time saver.

•••
i'd probably only use escrow

imo...
I would agree for most domains, escrow is best. but I would also have some domains that cost less than $5 and some for $5. I am thinking of having limits... up to $$$ paypal. Escrow for higher.

Last edited:
•••
As long as you are controlling who can pay by which methods, it's a good thing. Or if you have it set that anything below $200 can be paid by PayPal and over $200 by escrow.com, and you don't mind some losses with PayPal refunds.

•••
I have been working on a new website to sell domains with fixed prices. I'm setting up a shopping cart e-commerce site where users can use PayPal, bitcoin, or escrow to pay. Is this a bad idea... to allow them to control payment options?
Thanks
The more options available to you potential buyers the better the chance of sale..also personally I would make my higher priced domains, escrow only.

•••
@briguy has it right.
In any sales strategy you need to have at least 2 payment options, they do increase the chances of sales.
Just do a quick search for studies that has been made over the years for this topic.

As for escrow I personally go with a 2k min but if you feel more comfortable with 1k just go with that.

Over $200 is to low imho.

Best of luck with the sales, looking forward to see the website.

Last edited:
•••
I also feel like more options and easier payment might make for more sales. Basically, I'm using this as an experiment. I'll let you know when I go live. Namepros members will get the best deals using promo codes (since I will have end user prices on most of the domains displayed on the website).

•••
yes it seems a good idea just have high priced names done through escrow

•••
The biggest problem is the PayPal refund policy.
Nowadays anyone can buy a domain through eBay and/or PayPal, pay, receive the domain and after a while, request a refund for unauthorized credit card payment.
Since they don't offer seller protection for untangible and/or virtual goods, PayPal is the best way to buy a domain name, ask for a refund, get the refund and keep the domain name you've bought FOR FREE.

PayPal is a great payment method, fast, secure, whatever.
For tangible goods (it's perfect for eBay sales) and for transactions with people you can trust (like, i.e., established members of forums).

•••
Escrow.com for good value domains... the best! :-D:xf.grin:

•••
Back