Dynadot

question-answered Is these a way to block people from messaging you on Dynadot?

NameSilo
Watch

wallet2it

@Qugr.com @xNFT.xyz. Tesla Inc loverTop Member
Impact
Question I self-explanatory on the title:

Can I block people from messaging me about my domains on dynadot? If yes, how? If no, does dynadot plan to implement that feature? I am kinda annoyed by it

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Lmaoo i didnt even know @Dynadot had this feature.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Question I self-explanatory on the title:

Can I block people from messaging me about my domains on dynadot? If yes, how? If no, does dynadot plan to implement that feature? I am kinda annoyed by it
Hello!

Was this for people contacting you via the WHOIS email for your domains? As unfortunately we're required by ICANN to forward all messages sent to you to your Contact Record email. Or is this from the Dynadot Account Messenger (the one you contact with via forum name) you're trying to block the messages from? As I don't think we've made a way to block all messages from going through to you via that, but if it's a common issue I can see if our team can make any adjustment to that!

•••
Hello!

Was this for people contacting you via the WHOIS email for your domains? As unfortunately we're required by ICANN to forward all messages sent to you to your Contact Record email. Or is this from the Dynadot Account Messenger (the one you contact with via forum name) you're trying to block the messages from? As I don't think we've made a way to block all messages from going through to you via that, but if it's a common issue I can see if our team can make any adjustment to that!
No this is for people who messaged me on dynadot ….I want to block a specific sender (specific forum name)

•••
No this is for people who messaged me on dynadot ….I want to block a specific sender (specific forum name)
Ah I see. There currently isn't a way to block certain senders, you can let us know if you believe the domain sender is scamming/spambot or something like that and we can check into it (or DM me your username and the message in question and I can take a look into it as well)! In the meantime, I'll make the request to see if we can add the ability to block senders.

•••
EDIT: Actually it appears we have already added this feature as the "Mark as Spam" button in the chat inbox as of a month or so ago! My mistake, I didn't realize we had launched this as of yet. So yes, you can indeed block users from sending you messages!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back