IT.COM

Is there such a thing as a Priceless Domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Woke Monkey

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Are there any Domains out there would be considered ‘Priceless’?

For example

8.com

or

BillofRights.org

If you could own one domain to never sell, what would it be?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Nick.com

•••

Nick.com

Not even for $30,000,000 and a Penthouse Condo on the Hawaiian coast?

•••
•••
•••
•••
It depends on the owner. The previous owner of crypto.com said it wasn't for sale. Offer enough money and eventually people will give in (generally speaking).

Then you have domains like x.com. I doubt there's a monetary incentive big enough to make him ever sell the domain. I would consider that domain to be 'priceless' but just because of the fact of who owns it.

If I would've been the owner, it most probably would not have been priceless.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Cryptocurrency.com
Stablecoin(s).com

Last edited:
•••
The one and only __.com

Once upon a time long before I was a domainer, I kinda owned -.com (Dash dot Com) for at least a few hours!

Turns out it made it through some loopholes in the registrar platform (must have been NetSol or TuCows at that time) .. but ultimately it got buggered up because domains can't start or end with a dash. Needless to say I was heartbroken when we figured it out! :(

In a way I guess it truly was the only "priceless" domain to ever "kinda" exist! lol

Mind you I'm pretty sure that was after verisign blocked all but grandfathered L.com and LL.com .. so likely would not have gotten it a second time had the first passed! lol

ADDED: Actually that was before Verisign I think .. but I think it's an Icann run for the dashes and possibly the stipping of 1 and 2 non-grandfathered character domains. Or maybe it was a NetSol thing .. anyhow .. whatever it was .. I had -.com sitting in my account for a few hours at least .. lol.

Last edited:
•••
Once upon a time long before I was a domainer, I kinda owned -.com (Dash dot Com) for at least a few hours!

Turns out it made it through some loopholes in the registrar platform (must have been NetSol or TuCows at that time) .. but ultimately it got buggered up because domains can't start or end with a dash. Needless to say I was heartbroken when we figured it out! :(

In a way I guess it truly was the only "priceless" domain to ever "kinda" exist! lol

Mind you I'm pretty sure that was after verisign blocked all but grandfathered L.com and LL.com .. so likely would not have gotten it a second time had the first passed! lol

ADDED: Actually that was before Verisign I think .. but I think it's an Icann run for the dashes and possibly the stipping of 1 and 2 non-grandfathered character domains. Or maybe it was a NetSol thing .. anyhow .. whatever it was .. I had -.com sitting in my account for a few hours at least .. lol.

Haha ) I owned ---.com for few hours )) I got an international call from Netsol rep, asking why I would register something like that. I don't remember my response, but apparently they were not impressed and came up with the rule that the dash(es) can not be in the beginning or in the end :)

Last edited:
•••
Ever speak with a domain broker from Uniregistry?

•••
The reason I bring it up is that there’s an interesting conversation going on right now about Bitcoin.org and the possibility of it falling into the hands of someone who may not have it’s best interests at heart.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/roger-ver-wants-to-buy-bitcoinorg/amp

I get a ton of unsolicited spam rubbish about bitcoin everyday as do many others.
A bitcoin domain 'falling into the wrong hands' could hardly further tarnish the image of that industry.

Last edited:
•••
I am not sure about priceless, but there are plenty of worthless ones. :)

Brad

Last edited:
•••

For example

8.com

or

BillofRights.org

If anyone here owned 8.com though, they would sell it because it's a potential 8/9 figure domain name, therefore not priceless.

Definition of a priceless domain name would probably be something without great value but important to you, ie:- your name or a domain/website which you've built dedicated to deceased family member, that's what I’d regarded as 'priceless'.

Other than that, everything has a pricetag.

Last edited:
•••

I bet you wish you had a screen capture of that!

Last edited:
•••
Priceless=No Price=Crap/Junk Name

I think.

•••

For example

8.com

or

BillofRights.org

Single and Double letter .com, are priceless, imo. Those who own them and put a price tag on them, are underselling.

•••
Single and Double letter .com, are priceless, imo. Those who own them and put a price tag on them, are underselling.
So if you owned xz.com, 100 billion dollar price tag would be underselling?

Last edited:
•••
So if you owned xz.com, 100 billion dollar price tag would be underselling?
I was just answering the question asked in this thread, that what would be a priceless domain for me.

Answering your question:

If I owned xz.com, I won't be selling ever. I know this is something that will only grow in value, each year.

If I put a $100 billion price tag on it, I know it will never sell. Asking a weird figure, might be equal to simply ignoring and pushing someone away from your domain name.

Last edited:
•••
If I put a $100 billion price tag on it, I know it will never sell. Asking a weird figure, might be equal to simply ignoring and pushing someone away from your domain name.
But you said that those who put a price tag on single and double letter .com domains are underselling (= 100 billion dollars is underselling).

•••
But you said that those who put a price tag on single and double letter .com domains are underselling (= 100 billion dollars is underselling).
I said this in context to the answer of the Question asked in this thread bro, please read again. I never gave a figure. When you say $100 billion, that is something that is never sold or quoted, as far as I know in my last 21 years in domaining. If you do want me to give a concrete figure then yes, selling a double letter .com domain below $10 million might be a undersell, in my opinion.

•••
[/QUOTE
Answering your question:

If I owned xz.com, I won't be selling ever. I know this is something that will only grow in value, each year.

If I put a $100 billion price tag on it, I know it will never sell. Asking a weird figure, might be equal to simply ignoring and pushing someone away from your domain name.[/QUOTE]

If you never sell - the domain is worthless to you. Well... there is the notoriety of being the owner of xz dotcom. Your heirs would be grateful and I would guess that it would sell sooner than later. Development or leasing are other options to selling. That should earn a decent income - depending.

Last edited:
•••
I want sun.com, it's my last name.:happy:

•••
Back