Dynadot

question Is there a proposed calandar of domaining conferences after easing of the shutdowns?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I was wondering whether anybody had any news (i.e. rumours) of what will be happening with the domaining conferences following the easing of the present lockdowns?

I think it likely that there might be a drop off in attendance of the first conferences but I would imagine that the live conference domain auctions will likely be attended very well even if it is with many taking part remotely via the internet.

Anyway if anyone has any real insight to when the conference season will resume, even if in a different guise, would love to hear about it. :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think it will be a long time until you see live conferences, in any fields.

The main point of conferences is generally networking. It doesn't work well with a pandemic going on, at least until when (if) a vaccine is developed and widely available.

Brad

•••
I think it will be a long time until you see live conferences, in any fields.

The main point of conferences is generally networking. It doesn't work well with a pandemic going on, at least until when (if) a vaccine is developed and widely available.

Brad

I have to agree.

The thing I miss about the conferences occurring is the lack of the live auctions, something that now in the present circumstances might well have attained more attention from potential end users as the demand for online presence is being acknowledged seriously by many for the first time. Whereby previously many in decision making positions within companies would routinely plan multi-million real estate investment in retail properties they would have scoffed at investing a small fraction of such in obtaining domain names, after all you could register a domain in a minute and at the cost of just $10 or so. So when the potential demand reaches its potential zenith the market is now constrained in its use of one of its likely potent resources in fulfilling the demand potential, i.e. the conference live auctions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back