IT.COM

domain Is Sedo asking price legally binding?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Business Brands

Knowledge is PowerRestricted (Market)
Impact
window.com has $10,000 asking price
is this legally binding?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i believe it is the min offer not the buy it now price

•••
In theory yes, in reality no.
people make fake offers, fake purchases, and sedo allows it to happen.
there are no consequences, because "buyers" use fake contact info.
IP or email not given by Sedo to sellers. Others are not important,
and can be faked. And sometimes Sedo can be the buyer, and how can you check it:
you can't.

Sedo is another marketplace which collects leads and traffic and prevents sales.
We should all boycott all, but go where. All suck.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
buy it and let us know how you get on. may be ring sedo to confirm that the domain seller has been verified? :D

•••
buy it and let us know how you get on. may be ring sedo to confirm that the domain seller has been verified? :D
there is a verification process for listings

•••
It is make offer, not a BIN price

•••
Last edited:
•••
You have been a member since 2007 and you don't know how to read a Sedo listing or how "make offer" works?

If I meet the seller's listed price, does that mean we've reached a sales agreement?​

Buying Domains
No. Most sellers list their domains as "Make Offer." This means that although a price may be listed on the offer page, the seller will still be able to negotiate. We ask that sellers honor their listed prices during the negotiations process, although we cannot guarantee that the listed price reflects a given seller's most current expectations.

https://faq-us.sedo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2329/related/1

•••
Asking price: probably a nonbinding expectation in this case.
There is a make offer option, but no BuyitNow button.
You will make an offer, and he will reject it.
Can't reject directly either (unlike Dan, where rejecting is encouraged),
has to counter (purely Sedo's fault).
After 1 week domain can be removed from Sedo.

Sedo has lots of obvious mistakes but never fix them.
Dan has 1 big mistake, but it is bad enough to make Dan the worst of all.
And overall, all suck.

Last edited:
•••
How about you try purchasing it and let us know how it goes? 10k is a bargain for the domain.

•••
The answer is no.

I tried making an offer (at Sedo) at the listed price before, but it wasn't accepted (it simply expired... which was understandable, because the niche had recently become trendy). Plus, the owner has the option to send it to auction as well, where more people could bid too.

They should probably change the wording to something like "Suggested price", to show that it's not binding.

•••
1656195614836.png

Just a normal "make offer" listing. You can bid that 10k but it is the buyers decision to accept or not.
A "sellers asking price" is not a buy-it-now price. It is just to set it to the right direction and keep the low ballers away. Surely a "min offer" would work a lot better for that.

Here is the more realistic price at Godaddy:

1656195884343.png

•••
Is this bait and switch?

•••
i think i can litigate it into a sale if need be

•••
•••
looks like bait and switch to me

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.