• 2nd

Yes

votes
    39.3%

• 61 votes
  • Ended 3 years ago
  • Final results
Impact
What is the best service to park domains? Is parking really worth it and pays off enough?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
If you only have a few domains (or 1), start with Bodis since they don't have a minimum number and pay on the 7th of the following month. There are numerous other threads to answer your question whether parking is worth it or not. For me it's a side hustle but I could make it a full time job if I wanted.

•••
long story short: if you want to rely only to parking income + you are starting nowadays AND you don't have at least 6/7 figure budget, just forget all as there are better way to spend your money.

•••
If you only have a few domains (or 1), start with Bodis since they don't have a minimum number and pay on the 7th of the following month. There are numerous other threads to answer your question whether parking is worth it or not. For me it's a side hustle but I could make it a full time job if I wanted.
with I could, mean that nowadays you couldn't anymore??

•••
with I could, mean that nowadays you couldn't anymore??

I mean, yes, I can make this a full time job if I want to invest the capital to do it. I've done this for more than 15 years (like you have I think if I remember you posting years ago), and back then you could buy a domain for $25, park it and make money (on the Yahoo feed at least). Now, it takes at least $300 per domain which you run the risk that you will lose that entire investment, so you really need a lot more than that to grow your business - and you need to do that 7 days a week to compete. And as you know, what you make in parking is your gross number; you have to subtract your daily investment, renewal fees, loss ratio (on ones that you made a mistake buying), the slow death of domain names (some loses traffic in a month, some 6 months, etc.), and take the losses into consideration, your time, etc. And I would preface that with you have to know what to go after so your mistakes are fewer than starting from scratch. That takes years of trial and error, and your rules have to change constantly due to the way G changes their search algorithms, higher auction starting prices, higher competition, etc., And let's not forget the UDRPs (or worse, a direct lawsuit which I've experienced in the early days). Lots of risk - is it worth it? Thats for you to decide...

•••
ParkingCrew is worth it; even after the CentralNIC acquired them part of team internet
The acquisition has resulted in synergy, boost.

I dont use Voodoo, but the one time i tried to submit names rejected. Go with one of;

ParkingCrew.com
or
Voodoo.com
IMO

@biggie the parking king, i like to hear his view

Last edited:
•••
i have $1.90 earnings lifetime off one name
on ParkingCrew, which i added on 4-23-2020.

Some names which i thought were “better;”
got $0 Parking revenue to others outperform.

i’m still adding names, but i like ParkingCrew.

Last edited:
•••
I mean, yes, I can make this a full time job if I want to invest the capital to do it. I've done this for more than 15 years (like you have I think if I remember you posting years ago), and back then you could buy a domain for $25, park it and make money (on the Yahoo feed at least). Now, it takes at least $300 per domain which you run the risk that you will lose that entire investment, so you really need a lot more than that to grow your business - and you need to do that 7 days a week to compete. And as you know, what you make in parking is your gross number; you have to subtract your daily investment, renewal fees, loss ratio (on ones that you made a mistake buying), the slow death of domain names (some loses traffic in a month, some 6 months, etc.), and take the losses into consideration, your time, etc. And I would preface that with you have to know what to go after so your mistakes are fewer than starting from scratch. That takes years of trial and error, and your rules have to change constantly due to the way G changes their search algorithms, higher auction starting prices, higher competition, etc., And let's not forget the UDRPs (or worse, a direct lawsuit which I've experienced in the early days). Lots of risk - is it worth it? Thats for you to decide...
yeah it was still me around 10 years ago, you have good memory then.
now is all clear thank you so much.

I also think you forgot income taxations to deduct from the revenues..... :)
I miss the good old days where i could able to manual register, dropped names with similar web rank at reg fee.... and these good old days i'm talking about were already many years after the good gold days for parking monetization.
Competition nowadays is really insane..

•••
If you have a keen eye and with some luck, you can get it but I decided it is not worth my time :)

But I managed to snag a few domains with good parking revenue only starting in 2020.

I do have a feeling, if you treat it as a business and have some money you can easily get it.

Problem is the competition. People are willing to pay more than 30X "expected monthly income" even on auction platforms like godaddy.

I have done like 100 auctions and only got like 4 domains that I could get without overpaying.
There is no trick. You grind everyday and wait till you get lucky.. lucky means not getting into a Bid war which is rare. Maybe the other guy forgot to bid, maybe his laptop hung, but you get lucky if you bid often enough.

But the parking guys are ruthless that's for sure. Be ready to pay 30X in an open Auction

•••
•••
how does bodis and parkingcrew compare?

•••
What is the best service to park domains? Is parking really worth it and pays off enough?

It is certainly not as lucrative as it used to be...I blame the giggle empire for that (but I could be wrong).

Voodoo gives a lot of useful info when parking with them and the money is as good as can be expected. My only issue with them lately is that service request times have gone from a day or two to a week or longer. Not sure what is happening there but I hope it is temporary.

•••
It is certainly not as lucrative as it used to be...I blame the giggle empire for that (but I could be wrong).

Voodoo gives a lot of useful info when parking with them and the money is as good as can be expected. My only issue with them lately is that service request times have gone from a day or two to a week or longer. Not sure what is happening there but I hope it is temporary.
have you tried others, do they do better?

•••
have you tried others, do they do better?

Over the years I've tried/used them all...voodoo did the best for me but, in full disclosure, I have not tested any others in about 2 years.

•••
Voodoo sure was a great company back in the heyday when Donny started it (after he sold his ownership from Parked which also was great until the Yahoo feed went away among other reasons...). In terms of pure DNS Voodoo only has 70,000 domains remaining which is 1/10th or less of the other parking companies in terms of DNS volume. Of course DNS isn't the only way to point to Voodoo but its a good comparative tool. That may have necessitated a drop in support staff. I wonder if they are winding down given the ongoing drop in domains pointing to them? I would think if they are their G parking contract feed would be worth a fortune to someone to purchase since they're almost impossible to get anymore.

•••
Voodoo sure was a great company back in the heyday when Donny started it (after he sold his ownership from Parked which also was great until the Yahoo feed went away among other reasons...). In terms of pure DNS Voodoo only has 70,000 domains remaining which is 1/10th or less of the other parking companies in terms of DNS volume. Of course DNS isn't the only way to point to Voodoo but its a good comparative tool. That may have necessitated a drop in support staff. I wonder if they are winding down given the ongoing drop in domains pointing to them? I would think if they are their G parking contract feed would be worth a fortune to someone to purchase since they're almost impossible to get anymore.

Good analyzation!

I'm genuinely concerned since I have not heard from him/them. With all things going on in the world today, I hope he/they are doing well.

Admittedly, I have fantasized about having their feed contract but my pockets are far too shallow to make a reasonable offer...but there are a couple entities here that could make the buy...I've wondered if that is what could be happening now?

Last edited:
•••
Not made much from parking. But, one of my financial domains gave me $8 for a single click.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Leave parking alone. Focus on selling your domains.

•••
Leave parking alone. Focus on selling your domains.

An agreement will never be reached on this topic. But I like what Frank Schilling once said during a conference (paraphrasing) - "The only important click is when they hit the buy button".

•••
Parking is only good with keyword domain names that has good enough monthly search and CPC,else parking isn't lucrative

•••
Here is my limited opinion as I have been investigating this very thing the last few days. If I park a name and say get $4 per click per day that would add up to $1460 per year. Whoohoo!! However, If I only get a click every fourth day that would be $365 per year. Whoohoo again!! If I only get one click per week that is $208 per year. Whoohoo a little!!

Now, if I am really lucky I may sell my $6000 name whilst it is parked and I may have to pay 15% commission to the parking company. This equates to $900 and I'd get $5,100. If I take the one click per week model and run with it I see that I'd have to have the name parked for at least 4 years to offset the potential loss to commission.

If I just leave them parked at Efty, yes, I'd be getting clicks with no PPC but if in the same scenario I sold the name for $6000 I'd get the full amount as there is no commission to pay.

Please chip in with any comments just in case I'm missing something obvious.

Decisions...decisions.

Regards,

Reddstagg

•••
Please chip in with any comments just in case I'm missing something obvious.

Decisions...decisions.

Regards,

Reddstagg
My opinion is why not do both? Most (maybe all) parking companies have for sale banners or some way to inform the person visiting the site that the domain is for sale. The only thing about sales banners that I've never seen anyone do stats on is how much you lose in parking revenue if a visitor sees the sales banner and doesn't click on anything.

Or you could use DAN dot com and add your domain to Bodis but using the DAN name servers. They have more options for selling and still show G ads on it as well (although I can't remember if the commission is 15% or higher).

I will qualify all of this that if your main purpose is to sell the domain then you may increase some risk on the type of ads that are placed by G on it depending on the type of domain you have (Trademark, etc.).

•••
Voodoo sure was a great company back in the heyday when Donny started it
Hi
it's still a great company.
i've received some of the highest earnings per click there and they've sent payments regularly since 2010 and.... they maintain "total stats" for your domains.

unlike parkingcrew, who, show total revenue earned, but have removed some yearly data by domain, going back to their inception date of 2015.
it prolly was done after or prior to, centralnic acquired it.

voodoo also have better looking templates in comparison to the same one's that bodis, pc and now sedo use.
but i use them all including uni and fabulous, and each one does better for one domain than some of the others may not. - go figure -

Voodoo only has 70,000 domains remaining which is 1/10th or less of the other parking companies in terms of DNS volume
Hi
that low volume, could be reflective of the number of applicants they reject.
therefore, the platform could have higher overall quality traffic to serve the feed.

Hi

too many "if i's" for me and if you stuck on what you want to do
then for sure, ppc isn't for you.

imo....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back